Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing Tomorrow's game.

Justin Duchscherer, RHP (10-7, 2.37)

In his start against the Rangers Duchscherer has the worst start of the season possibly of his career, giving up eight runs on nine hits in seven innings of work. He did not give up three earned runs in any of his other prior starts. Saying he felt fine and explain the shelling he received was because Texas flat out beat him. In his last start against Boston he did not allow a run and only one hit in the eighth, in the Oakland win.

Tim Wakefield, RHP (6-8, 3.94)

Our beloved knuckle baler had one of his shortest outing of the season against the pinstripes surrendering six runs and eight hits in 5 1/3 innings of work. He also had a short start on May 23 against the A’s where he only made into the fifth inning, were Wake gave up eight hit and eight runs.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Man Ram to the LA Dodgers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

sigpic

Comment

• This Jason Bay kid can play after all!

Comment

• Dana Eveland, LHP (7-7, 3.88)

In his last start against the Rangers Eveland only gave up one hit in the first four innings, but it was all down hill from there, and let five runs cross home plate. Thankful for him the A’s bats had driven in sox runs, Eveland came out with a no-decision. Today will be the first Career start against the Red Sox.

Jon Lester, LHP (9-3, 3.17)

A lot was on the line when “Mr. Consistency” took the mound to face the Yankees. Not only would the “Evil Empire” sweep the Sox at Fenway, but it would also pull New York even in the standings. This did not bother Lester as he cruised to a 9-2 win pitching into the seventh. Both runs came in the fifth.

sigpic

Comment

• This Day in Red Sox History.

August 2

1901: Cy Young gets his 20th win of the season as the Boston Americans (Red Sox) crush the A’s 16-0.

1940: In Tiger Stadium, going four for five Shortstop Joe Cronin hits for the cycle. Cronin becomes only the fifth Sox player to do so to date, he also hit for the cycle back in 1929. Dom DiMaggio and Jimmie Foxx also homer.

1956: OF Jackie Jensen nets nine RBI’s as Boston take down the Tigers 18-3.

1975: The temperature soars to 103F, at Fenway as the Red Sox “cook” the Tigers 7-2.

1978: New York leads the Sox going into the bottom of the eight inning, but three wild pitches, two bases-loaded walks and a handful of hits to tie the game. The game is called after 14 innings as a 5-5 tie.

sigpic

Comment

• Jason Bay hits a 3 run shot tonight. That trade is just working out horribly for us!

Comment

• Sox win 12-2. Looks like we are returning to form.

sigpic

Comment

• Previewing Sunday's game.

Looking to build in the last nights 12-2 victory over the visiting Athletics’ the Sox are hoping to sweep the A’s as Boston looks ahead to Monday’s game in Kansas City.

Dallas Braden, LHP (2-1, 4.39)

The July 28th against the Kansas City Royals marked Braden’s second start after returning to the starting rotation. He pitched well enough to win, but made two key mistakes resulting in a loss. Braden was in the game for 2 2/3rd innings giving up six hits including two dingers in a 4-1 loss. Sunday’s game at Fenway will be his first time at America's Most Beloved Ballpark, and against the Red Sox.

Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (11-2, 3.04)

Dice-K is looking to rebound from the harsh game he had against the Angels. A game he gave up six runs in only five innings on the mound. The lone bright spot of the game was the fact he only issued two walks, which is an area of concern for some. Matsuzaka has given up 62 so far this year, and is second only to Baltimore’s Daniel Cabrera in the American League with 66. Prior to this start in ERA in the month of July was an outstanding 1.05. He has made three starts against the A’s this year and has one win and one no-decision. Boston has won both games by one run.

sigpic

Comment

• Why is Buchholz still starting for us? He has been crap this year. Do we not have anyone else who can take the 5th starter role?

Comment

• That's what I'm wondering, when ever I see that he is starting, I asssume a loss will happen.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                        Why is Buchholz still starting for us? He has been crap this year. Do we not have anyone else who can take the 5th starter role?
                        Last year, you were all happy saying how hes great and all this.
                        Now you don't like him?

But I'd take Clay on my team.

Better then that fat ****ing piece of **** Ponson or Rasner.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                          Last year, you were all happy saying how hes great and all this.
                          Now you don't like him?

But I'd take Clay on my team.

Better then that fat ****ing piece of **** Ponson or Rasner.
                          BJ, you should better than anyone this old adage: "What have you done for me lately?" I don't care about the no-hitter he threw last season. The fact is, he has been crap this year and until he straightens it out, we need to find someone else who can do the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                            BJ, you should better than anyone this old adage: "What have you done for me lately?" I don't care about the no-hitter he threw last season. The fact is, he has been crap this year and until he straightens it out, we need to find someone else who can do the job.
                            naw, I havn't forgot the " what have you done for me lately " thing.
                            Just wondering if you forget what anyones done for you.
                            Though I guess he hasn't done much for Boston.

But I could picture if you were a Yankees fan and you'd hate players like Jeter and Mo because of bad years/games.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                              naw, I havn't forgot the " what have you done for me lately " thing.
                              Just wondering if you forget what anyones done for you.
                              Though I guess he hasn't done much for Boston.

But I could picture if you were a Yankees fan and you'd hate players like Jeter and Mo because of bad years/games.
                              I don't "hate" Clay Buchholz and he doesn't have the track record like Jeter or Mo to get a pass for a bad year or game. I think he's a good prospect and will have a nice future with the Sox, but he isn't getting it done right now. Fact is, he has been el stinko this year and needs to be replaced.

Comment

• Why should the Sox allow him to struggle during a pennet race?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X