Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southstander
    replied
    Here is an update on "Pedy Ballgames wrist per ESPN.

Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia does not have a fracture in his left wrist, a development a baseball source called "great news" on Monday afternoon.

Another source told ESPNBoston.com earlier Monday that things looked good so far but that further tests were scheduled.

Pedroia was scratched from the lineup Sunday against the New York Yankees after reporting soreness in his left wrist, stemming from a play that occurred the previous weekend in Boston.

Red Sox manager John Farrell said the injury occurred on a takeout play at second base involving Milwaukee's Carlos Gomez, which would seem to pinpoint a play in the ninth inning of the April 4 home opener when Pedroia was upended by the Brewers outfielder on a force play.

Pedroia was sent back to Boston on Sunday for testing. It's unclear when he will rejoin the Red Sox, who begin a series in Chicago against the White Sox on Tuesday.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Joe McDonald and Gordon Edes was used in this report.

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    I get ESPN this season thanks to the fact it's thrown in free with my internet package.
    Looking forward to tuning in to the odd Sox game here and there

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    On "Ring Day" in Boston, the Red Sox fall to the Milwaukee in their Home Opener at Fenway.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    The top two selling jerseys are David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Rookie shortstop Xander Bogarts goes 3 for 4 with 2 Run in tonight's 4-3 win in the Charm City.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Boston picks up it first won of the season with a 6 - 2 win over the O's. I am hoping I will be able to watch tonight's game on MLB Network.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    The Red Sox spent today at the White House today to celebrate the 2013 World Series win.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Yesterday's Opening Day 2 - 1 loss to Baltimore was disappointing for atleast three reasons.

1. We lost on Opening Day
    2. Letser starts the year with a loss
    3. We started the defense of our Championship with a loss.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    After missing two year Grady Sizemore is names starting day center fielder. Jackie Bradley Jr to AAA Pawtucket.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Papi signed a one year extension worth $16 Million.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Sox fall the Pirates 7-6.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Boston wins its first game of Spring Training in a 8 - 6 win over the O's

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    For the second day in arrow the Sox lose to the Twins 6 - 2.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Some how I missed this, but we are getting a facelift to our road uniforms. The all blue look is being relpaced by a style similar to the road jerseys we wore for the 2004 and 2007 World Series runs, but with the hanging Sox logo on the sleeves.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/02/...rsey-for-2014/

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    The defending World Champoins lose the Grapefruit League opener, Mayors Cup, vs Twins, 8-2. Anthony Ranaudo throws 2 perfect innings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X