Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LESS THEN 30 MIN TO GO.

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Best of luck S.S.
      Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
        Best of luck S.S.

THANKS C WADE!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Good luck SS.

May the luckier team win.

Comment

• We really need to get into their bullpen.
            My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• KEEP THE FAITH!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Well, tough loss last night. Congrats to the Rays.

We had our chance in the 8th to no avail.

The Sox played well over the season and a healthy club can make a difference. I certainly missed Lowell throughout this series and look forward to his return.

Some bullpen help will be needed in the off-season.

Look forward to more Sox baseball in the Spring!!

Comment

• Next year!

Congrats to the Rays.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
                    Well, tough loss last night. Congrats to the Rays.

We had our chance in the 8th to no avail.

The Sox played well over the season and a healthy club can make a difference. I certainly missed Lowell throughout this series and look forward to his return.

Some bullpen help will be needed in the off-season.

Look forward to more Sox baseball in the Spring!!
                    Guess now would be a good time to leave SS alone?

For awhile anyways?
                    ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

• We had a great year! If we had Lowell for the LCS it would not have been close. I trust in Theo. We will reload and come back with a vengence.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wncbronxx View Post
                        Guess now would be a good time to leave SS alone?

For awhile anyways?
                        I am a die hard Sox fan as well and have been posting here for most of the season, just not as often as SS.

The post was really for myself, not directly to SS.

Comment

• I'm still at the edge of the cliff....

sigpic

Comment

• I would like to see the Red Sox bring back Varitek for at least one more year.

However, I'd be surprised if they bring back Wake. His career appears to be over.

Comment

• It is not surprising that this season, with all of its obstacles and injuries, took a toll on Red Sox manager Terry Francona.

But that toll proved harsher than perhaps anyone realized. Francona said Tuesday at Fenway Park that he would have back surgery in the near future because of a problem that cropped up in May.

"I haven't been able to feel either arm for four or five months," Francona said. "I need to probably have some back surgery so I can stand a little straighter. I've had this since May. I'll go the next couple of days to get it figured out and then we'll get it done."

Francona, 49, has dealt with myriad health issues since becoming Red Sox manager in 2004. He missed games early in 2005 after experiencing chest pains in New York and has battled poor circulation, which frequently causes him to be cold. He also has had multiple surgeries on his knees.

"This job takes an unbelievable amount ... sometimes almost sucks the life out of you," said Francona, who signed a contract extension through 2011 in February. "I try real hard every winter to make sure when I come to spring training I can do my job because I owe that to the players and to the organization."

Dicey Strategy
                              Francona addressed a report in the Japanese media quoting Daisuke Matsuzaka as saying he was to be the closer in Game 7 because Jonathan Papelbon, after working two innings in Game 5 and an inning in Game 6, was fatigued.

"We had talked to Daisuke about pitching at the end of the game and that we would kind of hold him behind guys so we could match up," Francona said. "Maybe that's where that was coming from."

Francona did suggest Papelbon might not have been available because of the heavy workload.

"I think the two-inning stint took a lot more out of him than people realize," Francona said. "I really don't know [if he would have pitched]. I would never put somebody in a position that is unfair, even in a game like that."

Varitek A Tough Subject
                              Francona did not address Jason Varitek's potential free agent status. Varitek hit .220 with 13 homers and 43 RBI this year, and Francona pinch hit for him on more than one occasion in the postseason.

"I know that there were times where he was very frustrated offensively," Francona said. "It was hard for me. I fought it during the season because of who he is and what he means to the team. ... I ultimately decided during the season that I would not hit for him, because I didn't think it was in our best interest.

"When we got to the playoffs, I sat him down and told him that could happen, and we did it a couple times."

sigpic

Comment

• Rumors have Lowe Returning to the Hubcity.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X