No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAWX WIN! TAKE FIRST GAME OUT OF TIGERS! JOHNNY PAPS SAVE #20!

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Great news Blue
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
        SAWX WIN! TAKE FIRST GAME OUT OF TIGERS! JOHNNY PAPS SAVE #20!

Melky Cabrera is now a serious threat for Papelbon---As good as he's been--for AL ROTY.

It's hard to compare, because one's a hitter, and one's a pitcher but Melky's proved to be great at the plate AND in the field....he's tied for the league lead in assists.
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
          LOL you are starting him early. Great job KB

Two guys on the Sox farm that I predict will be up in a month or so are John Lester and Craig Hansen. These prospects will add depth to this team and have them contend all year.

BTW how is Dotel looking in rehab?
          So Far, so good. He should pitch in some minor league games in the next week or so. He was to start throwing his slider today. Look for him to be in pinstripes in about 3 weeks.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            Melky Cabrera is now a serious threat for Papelbon---As good as he's been--for AL ROTY.

It's hard to compare, because one's a hitter, and one's a pitcher but Melky's proved to be great at the plate AND in the field....he's tied for the league lead in assists.
            Possibly....but I wouldn't bet on it. It's still very early in the year.
            I'm still wondering why Matsui didn't win the award..... though Ichiro did. Matsui's experience in japan was held against him.......... but I digress.....

Good comeback for boston tonight..... great duel between Schilling and The Gambler. Todd Jones...... I like the guy, but I don't like the idea of a soft-throwing closer.

Comment

You've got to be kidding me right?

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

You've got to be kidding me right?
                Not one bit.....open you're eyes LB, there's more than just one impressive AL Rookie this year, besides Cabrera and Papelbon, that kid on Detroit Justin Verlander is just as good....ERA under 3.

I'm not saying that Papelbon isn't the hands down ROTY right now...he's played unbelieveable, and if he keeps on his pace right now, he should be the unanimous choice. Don't think I'm saying he's not the ROTY right now, because he certainly is....it's if he slows down, he's going to have some serious competition.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Not one bit.....open you're eyes LB, there's more than just one impressive AL Rookie this year, besides Cabrera and Papelbon, that kid on Detroit Justin Verlander is just as good....ERA under 3.

I'm not saying that Papelbon isn't the hands down ROTY right now...he's played unbelieveable, and if he keeps on his pace right now, he should be the unanimous choice. Don't think I'm saying he's not the ROTY right now, because he certainly is....it's if he slows down, he's going to have some serious competition.
                  I just don't see how you could say that Melky is a threat to Papelbon. Melky has only what 70 some at-bats and 20 games? I don't see how that is a threat that is all I'm saying. Plus technically neither Melky nor Paps are rookies.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                  -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

I just don't see how you could say that Melky is a threat to Papelbon. Melky has only what 70 some at-bats and 20 games? I don't see how that is a threat that is all I'm saying. Plus technically neither Melky nor Paps are rookies.

You have to be a rookie to win the ROY

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I love the "Johnny Demon" stuff.........

Johnny Damon hit the game-winning HR in the 10th inning, and the Yankees take over 1st place. This is going to be another battle to the wire.

Here's to you, Johnny:

Comment

• Lol, even though the Sox lost, it was a good day for me, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen are on my fantasy team haha. And so is Bonderman, he had a decent game too.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Lol, even though the Sox lost, it was a good day for me, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen are on my fantasy team haha. And so is Bonderman, he had a decent game too.
                          Bonderman is a very impressive young pitcher. He pitched into the 9th inning vs. the Yankees last Monday.

Comment

He has like 80-85 by now, and he's still batting over .305.

If he can keep it up, and put up about....400-450 at bats, and continue to hit over .305 then that's got to make you a contender......unless Papelbon has over 50 saves by then.
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

it's not hard to compare . . . papelbon is currently performing better than anyone else at the closer position . . . that's not to say he is the best at that position . . . i would never say that after only 44 career appearances as a closer and setup man . . . but 20 saves . . . a 0.32 era . . . 28 innings . . . only 13 hits and 3 walks while striking out 26 . . . i'm not saying he is going to keep this exact pace up but at this point in time nobody is even close

melky is batting .304 with no homers and 10 rbis . . . that's good for a rook but he has only played in 22 games . . . we'll see if he is going to be a serious contender but he's not right now . . . as for his play in the field, that usually doesn't do much for the voters unless the race is really close . . . if papelbon and melky keep up the same pace they are currently on, melky won't even be in the conversation

as for this other guy verlander . . . 7-3 with a 3.13 era is good for a rook . . . actually good for any starting pitcher . . . but once again, it doesn't come close to what papelbon is doing . . . but if verlander finishes with 20 wins and keeps the era in the low 3s he'll be a contender . . . realistically, i don't see that happening . . . papelbon has a better shot at keeping up his pace than verlander . . . verlander will not only have to pitch well, his relief will have to pitch well and not give up any wins of his . . . my guess is he'll tail off winning maybe 15 games with an era around 4.00 . . . we'll see
                              Official member of ViolationWatch®.

Comment

• Originally posted by PATS FAN in PA
                                it's not hard to compare . . . papelbon is currently performing better than anyone else at the closer position . . . that's not to say he is the best at that position . . . i would never say that after only 44 career appearances as a closer and setup man . . . but 20 saves . . . a 0.32 era . . . 28 innings . . . only 13 hits and 3 walks while striking out 26 . . . i'm not saying he is going to keep this exact pace up but at this point in time nobody is even close

melky is batting .304 with no homers and 10 rbis . . . that's good for a rook but he has only played in 22 games . . . we'll see if he is going to be a serious contender but he's not right now . . . as for his play in the field, that usually doesn't do much for the voters unless the race is really close . . . if papelbon and melky keep up the same pace they are currently on, melky won't even be in the conversation

as for this other guy verlander . . . 7-3 with a 3.13 era is good for a rook . . . actually good for any starting pitcher . . . but once again, it doesn't come close to what papelbon is doing . . . but if verlander finishes with 20 wins and keeps the era in the low 3s he'll be a contender . . . realistically, i don't see that happening . . . papelbon has a better shot at keeping up his pace than verlander . . . verlander will not only have to pitch well, his relief will have to pitch well and not give up any wins of his . . . my guess is he'll tail off winning maybe 15 games with an era around 4.00 . . . we'll see
                                Oh I know, don't get me wrong....I didn't mean if it ended now Melky has a great shot at ROTY, I meant if he can keep it up, and Papelbon slows down a little....say finishes with about 30-35 saves with a 2.00 ERA, then Melky has a shot.

If Papelbon continues at this pace he should be the unanimous ROTY.
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X