Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southstander
    replied
    ESPN is reporting "Boston Red Sox left-hander Francisco Tena has been suspended for the first 50 games of the season following a positive drug test under the minor league drug program. The commissioner's office said Thursday Tena tested positive for metabolites of Stanozolol". Personally I say after the 50 game ban trade him. I have not place for cheaters on this team.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    WEEI is reporting that Ryan Dempster has informed the Red Sox that he will not pitch this season.

Per ESPN Jon Lester has once again that he will take a "home town discount", and they Dustin Pedroia said that his thumb is "fine" and has "no restrictions" three months after surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    It is Truck Day!!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Curt Schilling has been diagnosed with cancer.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Sheesh - how the heck did this nasty thread survive LOL

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Roger Clemens, Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez and Joe Castiglione make up Red Sox Hall of Fame class of 2014.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    When Larry Lucchino was asked about the Yankees spending he responded "I've seen this movie before".

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Reports ou of Boston are that Dustin Pedroia, Andrew Miller and Clay Buchholtz will be ready in time for Spring Training.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I have been remiss in not posting the free agent signings. Here are a few I have failed to post.

Mike Napoli 2 Years $32 Million
    Edward Mujica 2 Years $9.5 Million

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    I think if Ellsbury wanted that much, then it's a good thing for the Red Sox that he left. Good player, but he's not that good. The Sox can use that money on different options.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    He will be 37 when the contract is up. While he is a great player right now, he would be a sipped threat on the bases.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    According to WEEI in Boston and ESPN our Red Sox have signed former Cardinals reliever Edward Mujica. http://bit.ly/1hAnu9k

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Well Ells has gone to the darkside and signed with the "Evil Empire" for $153,000,000 over seven years. To me the Yankees have over paid him, with to long of a contract. With his durability issues the Yankees are taking a big risk. Ells joins names like Ruth, Damon and Youk to play for New York after winning a World Series with Boston as well as players like Boggs and Clemens who could not quite get the job done in Boston.

I knew he had gone to the Yankees but didn't know the salary. No wonder he went. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Well Ells has gone to the darkside and signed with the "Evil Empire" for $153,000,000 over seven years. To me the Yankees have over paid him, with to long of a contract. With his durability issues the Yankees are taking a big risk. Ells joins names like Ruth, Damon and Youk to play for New York after winning a World Series with Boston as well as players like Boggs and Clemens who could not quite get the job done in Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    AJ Pierzynski has signed with the Red Sox. I have mixed feeling about his signing the the World Champions. He is not as young as he once was and he has a reputation of an acidic personality. I hope he can fit in with the chemistry of the team. After losing Ells and Salty we do need to address these newly created holes in our line up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X