No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses?? You've got to be kidding me. C'mon, Tatum..... leave the excuses for the other teams....... this is the 26-time World Champion New York Yankees you're talking about. It's not that the Yankees Can't be beat, but they recently took 2 out of 3 IN boston. With Moose on the hill and a rested bullpen.... the Yankees will win the series or at least split it, as it's an even # of games. The team that needs to make excuses is boston...... why haven't the Yankees been left in the dust after the rash of injuries recently??
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
      Excuses?? You've got to be kidding me. C'mon, Tatum..... leave the excuses for the other teams....... this is the 26-time World Champion New York Yankees you're talking about. It's not that the Yankees Can't be beat, but they recently took 2 out of 3 IN boston. With Moose on the hill and a rested bullpen.... the Yankees will win the series or at least split it, as it's an even # of games. The team that needs to make excuses is boston...... why haven't the Yankees been left in the dust after the rash of injuries recently??
      I'm actually listening to ESPN Radio right now, and Michael Kay brought up the same point....one red sox fan phoned in and said the red sox are on pace for 99 wins....and with their injuries, they'll take it. It's not that the Red Sox aren't playing well, it's that we've been playing suprisingly well with our injury situation.

I wasn't making excuses, I just said there's no excuse for the Sox to not win....and I can't wait put them 2 1/2 back....
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
        I'm actually listening to ESPN Radio right now, and Michael Kay brought up the same point....one red sox fan phoned in and said the red sox are on pace for 99 wins....and with their injuries, they'll take it. It's not that the Red Sox aren't playing well, it's that we've been playing suprisingly well with our injury situation.

I wasn't making excuses, I just said there's no excuse for the Sox to not win....and I can't wait put them 2 1/2 back....

OK..... that's good. I'm not surprised by how well we are playing, though...... Torre is doing a fantastic job. The yankees still have too much talent NOT to be a great team.

Comment

• 8-2 Yankees........Beckett only lasts 1.1 innings, surrenders 3-Run blasts to Andy Phillips and Giambi...........Van Buren in to pitch.........

Comment

• I started liking baseball in 86. I was going for the Redsox vs. Mets in the world series. Been a Redsox fan ever since.
            Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

8-2 Yankees........Beckett only lasts 1.1 innings, surrenders 3-Run blasts to Andy Phillips and Giambi...........Van Buren in to pitch.........
              Bleh. Go post in your own thread. You make me sick.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
              RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• I'm thouroughly enjoying tonight's game, along with Beckett's performance tonight.

Couldn't resist...I'll go back to the Yankee thread.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I know this should probably be in MLB notes...but Zambrano has a no hitter going through the 8th!
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                    You're too funny, Blue.............
                    I'm not going to talk much trash after game 1 of a 4 game series in June, but the Yankees put on quite a display tonight.

Trivia question:

Who posted this in the "Evil Empire" thread.............

"A. I could be wrong but didn't we score a run on Rivera?
                    B. Did you see Paps own Jeter and Sheffield?
                    C. I never said A-Rod couldn't deliver big hits?? Although I do wonder about his sexual preferance and what he likes to drink..."

I bet you'll answer that one correctly on your first guess.

The thing about a 162-game season is that tonight's game goes out the window tomorrow. You'll get over it. Even a great team will lose between 45 to 65 or so games in a season. This pennant race will likely still be close 3+ months from now.

Comment

You're too funny, Blue.............
                      I'm not going to talk much trash after game 1 of a 4 game series in June, but the Yankees put on quite a display tonight.

Trivia question:

Who posted this in the "Evil Empire" thread.............

"A. I could be wrong but didn't we score a run on Rivera?
                      B. Did you see Paps own Jeter and Sheffield?
                      C. I never said A-Rod couldn't deliver big hits?? Although I do wonder about his sexual preferance and what he likes to drink..."

I bet you'll answer that one correctly on your first guess.

The thing about a 162-game season is that tonight's game goes out the window tomorrow. You'll get over it. Even a great team will lose between 45 to 65 or so games in a season. This pennant race will likely still be close 3+ months from now.

KB you make good points. I am not confident in Pauley (want a cracker tonight) they Yanks will lite him up like a Christmas Tree. My only hope is Tito does not have a long rope with him and the bullpen bails them out. Also the Sox have done well against Wang. I expect a high scoring game tonight.

I just wish they brought up Lester. On Sat he is supposed to make his MLB Debut against Texas. I would rather tonight than Mr. Cracker.
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                        My my my, aren't we testy. Just because The Yanks served the Sox a -> last night doesn't make the season. It's 1 game and the bragging rights for that game will be over once the first pitch is thrown tonight. Didn't you guys hand us one too? We took it in stride and won the next day, thus placing that game on a Red Sox Fan's DVD for memories. Now's your chance, with some guy I've never heard of pitching tonight. Chances do look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          My my my, aren't we testy. Just because The Yanks served the Sox a -> last night doesn't make the season. It's 1 game and the bragging rights for that game will be over once the first pitch is thrown tonight. Didn't you guys hand us one too? We took it in stride and won the next day, thus placing that game on a Red Sox Fan's DVD for memories. Now's your chance, with some guy I've never heard of pitching tonight. Chances do look good.
                          D Spawn the Yanks will score probably 10 tonight on Paulie he sucks The only chance the Sox have is if Wang implodes as well or Tito hooks Paulie quickly.
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                            D Spawn the Yanks will score probably 10 tonight on Paulie he sucks The only chance the Sox have is if Wang implodes as well or Tito hooks Paulie quickly.
                            Ah come on Pauley isn't that bad, he has a nasty slider at least.

The top 2 players we took in the draft so far:

Pick 27: Jason Place, Center Fielder out of HS. Power, speed and arm strength that make him an overall good OF.

Pick 28: Daniel Bard, Pitcher, UNC. One of the best arms in the 2006 draft class. Fastball that can touch 97, pretty consistent.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Wang hasn't fared well his last few starts. He will get back on track, but I'm not counting on it tonight. I'm also expecting a slugfest..... but I expected a pitcher's duel last night, so who knows what will happen .

Comment

• 2-1 Yankees win. Pauley and Wang were fantastic tonight. Ortiz and Bernie went deep. Giambi walked with the bases loaded..... then.... the play of the week......

Melky Cabrera robbed Manny of a potential game-tying HR. Unbelieveable catch!!

5-pitch 9th for Mo.

Schilling vs. Wright Wednesday on ESPN. Wakefield vs. RJ Thursday on ESPN 2.

I much prefer a 2-1 game to a 13-5 game.

Seanez deserved the loss. To Pauley: .

Comment

Working...
                                X