Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    yep Wake's sure got it he gave up three runs last night and these games don't even count yet what's going to happen when they do count ? are we going to count on a loss every 5 games like last year ? cause that's what cost us the division last year IMO becuase if it wasn't Wakefield it was buchhulz and the SOX can't do that again this year or else it will be like 2006 and we'll be watching october baseball and our team won't be there the Yankees have made it clear this year they want to be king of the AL East Again and even though i still say that Tampa Bay was (and is) a fluke they want to keep on their winning ways to ... i can't believe that boston signed Wakefield again i know he eats innings and he's a great team player he always puts the team first like in 2004 he gave up starts in the playoffs for other guys that was awesome and i respect that but he isn't the same pitcher he was in 04 .

the East this year

Boston
    New York
    Tampa Bay
    Toronto
    Baltimore

WAR the SOX V. Yanks in the ALCS one more time

OUR M.V.P. DOESN'T NEED STEROIDS

snake, just when I think you are making head way into being a good poster you post something like this. It was Wake's first start of the spring. Do you really think that Coach Francona is not smart enough to pull Wake if he is hurting us in the long run? If Masterson or any other pitcher took thier roster spot last year, there is no way to say that those L would be W. To be honest I do not care if we win the divison or not. As long as we are in the post season we have a punchers chance of winning the World Series.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• i disagree Masterson stepped up huge for us down the stretch in relief and everyone in the Red Sox say that he will be a great starter for us in the future so i think that he would have came up in the starters role as well.

however i think that Micheal Bowden will be a great starter and Buchhulz has alot to prove to me i am not convinced of his "greatness"i mean explane to me how someone goes from throwing a No Hitter to losing almost every start the very next season ? that makes no freakin sense.

i hate the Knuckle ball i think that is the stupidest pitch ever if it works then it's great but all of a sudden Wake's doesn't and he gets hammered like in the playoffs in game 4 when Boston needed him he struck out thier lead off guy and i was like awesome he's on then Longoria boom Home Run then upton Boom Home Run and then crawford Boom Home Run and francona left him in that was retarted (no i don't blame last year completely on Wakefield like in October Josh Beckett was horrible i know he was hurt and he should've said so in game 3 against Tampa he couldn't hold any lead the Sox gave him PEDROIA hit 2 Home Runs for God sake but he just kept given it back

So in short Wakefield should Retire after this season and Beckett will be back to his old self

i do care if Boston wins the Division the the World Series

Comment

however i think that Micheal Bowden will be a great starter and Buchhulz has alot to prove to me i am not convinced of his "greatness"i mean explane to me how someone goes from throwing a No Hitter to losing almost every start the very next season ? that makes no freakin sense.
        as far as buchholz is concerned, it's called mechanics and it happens all the time....it's not a big deal....he still struck out 72 in 76 innings or something like that he'll be fine....you don;t just dump one of the best rated pitchers in your organization for many years because he had a dozen bad outings....just like the yankees and phil hughes. he had a great first year in 07 and had a terrible 08 but he's a huge prospect and will still be a very good major league pitcher

did you see? bowden got lit up today...i was thinking the sox should just release him, he's obviously lost it

Comment

i disagree Masterson stepped up huge for us down the stretch in relief and everyone in the Red Sox say that he will be a great starter for us in the future so i think that he would have came up in the starters role as well.

i hate the Knuckle ball i think that is the stupidest pitch ever if it works then it's great but all of a sudden Wake's doesn't and he gets hammered like in the playoffs in game 4 when Boston needed him he struck out thier lead off guy and i was like awesome he's on then Longoria boom Home Run then upton Boom Home Run and then crawford Boom Home Run and francona left him in that was retarted (no i don't blame last year completely on Wakefield like in October Josh Beckett was horrible i know he was hurt and he should've said so in game 3 against Tampa he couldn't hold any lead the Sox gave him PEDROIA hit 2 Home Runs for God sake but he just kept given it back

So in short Wakefield should Retire after this season and Beckett will be back to his old self

i do care if Boston wins the Division the the World Series

Who won the Divison in 04?

sigpic

Comment

• RAYS 12, RED SOX 4

I hope this is not a sign of things to come this season.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...=.jsp&c_id=bos

Red Sox at the plate: After falling behind, 10-0, Boston scored four runs in the fifth. One of the runs came via an RBI single by Rocco Baldelli, who was playing in his first Grapefruit League game with the Red Sox -- against his former team. Baldelli went 0-for-3 against Boston College on Wednesday, but those statistics do not count toward official Spring Training statistics.

Red Sox on the mound: Bowden, who played at three levels of Boston's organization in 2008 -- climbing from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket before making his Major League debut -- started the game. The right-hander allowed four earned runs on five hits and two walks in 1 2/3 innings.

Rays on the mound: Jeff Niemann started for Tampa Bay, and the 6-foot-9 right-hander, who is competing for the No. 5 spot in the rotation, pitched two scoreless innings, allowing just one hit while striking out two. Rule 5 Draft pick Derek Rodriguez had a tough time in his first outing with the Rays. The right-hander did not allow an earned run, but struggled to find the strike zone as the Red Sox pushed four across the plate with him on the mound. Left-hander Jason Cromer looked impressive, yielding just one hit while striking out four over two innings.

Grapefruit League records: Red Sox 0-3; Rays 1-2

Up next: Boston will offer fans a taste of split-squad action on Saturday at City of Palms Park. First the Red Sox will host Northeastern University in a 1:05 p.m. ET contest, to be followed by a 7:05 p.m affair against the Reds. Left-hander Kris Johnson will start the early game for the Red Sox against Jeff Thomson. Right-hander Clay Buchholz will start the nightcap; right-hander Nick Masset will start for Cincinnati.

The Rays will travel to Clearwater, Fla., on Saturday to play the Phillies at Bright House Field. Right-hander Mitch Talbot will start for Tampa Bay and will be opposed by right-hander Kyle Kendrick. Left-hander J.P. Howell will also pitch for the Rays in his final tune-up before reporting to Team USA for the World Baseball Classic.

sigpic

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Masterson in the starting rotation. One thing about pitchers, they always get better with age. With that sadi, I can see him having a great year this up coming season...
              sigpic
              I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Of you are right D69, can you Imaginge what kind of years, Matterson, Buchholtz, and Lester will have?:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

• south dude what is your deal with 2004 ? yeah i know that was the incredible year that the SOX broke the curse and every thing and yeah i know the Yankees won the division in 04 they also did in 05 and 06 if i remember right the SOX won it in 2007 right ? and that's when they won their 2nd world series in this decade (7th overall) i just don't get why you make 2004 out to be the only world series they've won in 86 years cause you NEVER mention 2007

Swept the Angels

Swept the Angels

Came back after being down 3-0 against the Yankees to win 4-3

Came back after being down 3-1 against the Indians to win 4-3

Swept the Cardinals to win the World Series

Swept the Rockies to win the World Series

what's the difference they where both awesome

Comment

south dude what is your deal with 2004 ? yeah i know that was the incredible year that the SOX broke the curse and every thing and yeah i know the Yankees won the division in 04 they also did in 05 and 06 if i remember right the SOX won it in 2007 right ? and that's when they won their 2nd world series in this decade (7th overall) i just don't get why you make 2004 out to be the only world series they've won in 86 years cause you NEVER mention 2007

Swept the Angels

Swept the Angels

Came back after being down 3-0 against the Yankees to win 4-3

Came back after being down 3-1 against the Indians to win 4-3

Swept the Cardinals to win the World Series

Swept the Rockies to win the World Series

what's the difference they where both awesome

That is my whole point Mensa. I do not care who win the divison as long as we are in the playoff. We can win it as the Division Winner, or the Wild Card.

sigpic

Comment

• Game one

RED SOX 14 NORTHWESTERN 0

Game two

RED SOX 16 - RED 5

Mike Lowell might be back in 2 weeks.

sigpic

Comment

• Northwestern?

Comment

• Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                          Northwestern?
                          it should actually be northEASTERN...close enough though

in the reds game tek had 4 rbis and buchholz threw two scoreless innings

Comment

• No, not that. Im just wondering who that team is.

Comment

• It is a college team.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                                It is a college team.
                                what ss said

they're a new england university...they also play boston college every spring

Comment

Working...
                                X