• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
    Ah come on.
    Just messing with ya

check out the Yankee thread and see what TB did to me

and if you want to laugh even more check out the "why are we in love with the hurricnaes thread" It was hilarious
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Schilling was outstanding tonight despite 3 solo HR's. 29 HR's allowed for Schilling/Beckett doesn't compute. All HR's allowed in road games.... strange.

If the Jays hold onto their lead, the race gets much tighter.

sox win game 3.... Yankees win the series...... it's going to go down to the wire.....

WOW!!! Just saw a highlight of Millar's broken bat hitting ump Kevin Cooper..... looked very serious.... hope he's OK..........
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
        Schilling was outstanding tonight despite 3 solo HR's. 29 HR's allowed for Schilling/Beckett doesn't compute. All HR's allowed in road games.... strange.

If the Jays hold onto their lead, the race gets much tighter.

sox win game 3.... Yankees win the series...... it's going to go down to the wire.....

WOW!!! Just saw a highlight of Millar's broken bat hitting ump Kevin Cooper..... looked very serious.... hope he's OK..........
        Technically you didn't win the series. Anything could have happened yesterday.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Technically you didn't win the series. Anything could have happened yesterday.
          OK....... 2 games to 1..... we lost the series....gotcha .

Are you OK tonight, Blue??

Comment

OK....... 2 games to 1..... we lost the series....gotcha .

Are you OK tonight, Blue??
            No, you didn't lose it, anything could have happened last night, the game wasn't played. So this series isn't decided until September w/e the day is.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

No, you didn't lose it, anything could have happened last night, the game wasn't played. So this series isn't decided until September w/e the day is.
              Forget it. That's extremely weak, IMO, Blue, but "do what ya gotta do".

To Medford and Southstander for keeping your end of the deal.... great series as expected.

Comment

Actually, I heard an announcer on ESPN Radio, as well as the Yes Network saying the Yankees "Won" the three game series, and the fourth game will be "added on to another series."

Series= Over

Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                  Actually, I heard an announcer on ESPN Radio, as well as the Yes Network saying the Yankees "Won" the three game series, and the fourth game will be "added on to another series."

Series= Over

Doesn't matter...... the Yankees took 2 of 3 without Jeter..... tight race in June as it will be in September.

Comment

• They have NO RIGHT to give Paps a BS when he struck out 3 of the 4 batters he faced in the bottom of the 9th. AND THEN they give him the win. How retarded. . Paps has 21 saves in my book, and Wake is 5-7.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                    -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

They have NO RIGHT to give Paps a BS when he struck out 3 of the 4 batters he faced in the bottom of the 9th. AND THEN they give him the win. How retarded. . Paps has 21 saves in my book, and Wake is 5-7.

They have every right to give him a BS....he blew the save.

He got the win, but he blew the save.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

They have NO RIGHT to give Paps a BS when he struck out 3 of the 4 batters he faced in the bottom of the 9th. AND THEN they give him the win. How retarded. . Paps has 21 saves in my book, and Wake is 5-7.
                        Take it easy.... the red sox won, didn't they?? Wakefield pitched very well, but these things happen. Better a BS than a loss. A pitcher can't allow the game to be tied and still get the save. All closers blow saves..... Papelbon looked good.....I'd hope this is a good night for you. You take the red sox wins awfully hard .

Comment

Take it easy.... the red sox won, didn't they?? Wakefield pitched very well, but these things happen. Better a BS than a loss. A pitcher can't allow the game to be tied and still get the save. All closers blow saves..... Papelbon looked good.....I'd hope this is a good night for you. You take the red sox wins awfully hard .

What is liquid talking about. Papple did give up the lead and no matter how dominant otherwise it is a blown save. Who really cares. Stats are for losers. It is about wins and loses really

Good post KB as usual
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                            What is liquid talking about. Papple did give up the lead and no matter how dominant otherwise it is a blown save. Who really cares. Stats are for losers. It is about wins and loses really

Good post KB as usual

Hey, I like stats!
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I'm talking about, big whoop if he gave up 1 run in the 8th and then he closed the game in the 9th amazingly. Isn't that what a closer is supposed to do? He struck out 3 of the 4 batters in the 9th. I don't get how you can give him a BS.

Ok so lets say it is reasonable to give him a BS, is it really smart to give him a win on top of it? Is that supposed to be compensentory for giving him the BS?

Like, ok we're sorry Paps, we have to give you a BS, but here you go have a win, do you feel better now?

I just wanted his save streak to go on for a long time. And people will be saying "Oh but Papelbon blew a save here didn't he?" "Yes but he also closed the 9th by striking out 3 of 4 batters" it is just stupid to me.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

I'm talking about, big whoop if he gave up 1 run in the 8th and then he closed the game in the 9th amazingly. Isn't that what a closer is supposed to do? He struck out 3 of the 4 batters in the 9th. I don't get how you can give him a BS.

Ok so lets say it is reasonable to give him a BS, is it really smart to give him a win on top of it? Is that supposed to be compensentory for giving him the BS?

Like, ok we're sorry Paps, we have to give you a BS, but here you go have a win, do you feel better now?

I just wanted his save streak to go on for a long time. And people will be saying "Oh but Papelbon blew a save here didn't he?" "Yes but he also closed the 9th by striking out 3 of 4 batters" it is just stupid to me.

Alright, but by definition, if a pitcher comes into the game relieving someone in the 8th inning up by 3 runs or less, and then blows the lead, it's a blown save. Just like if they came in to relieve in the 8th inning with a 3 run lead and held it to the end of the game, it's a save.

You get a win as a reliever if the game is tied or you're losing when you come in, OR if you were winning at one point, blew the lead, and took the lead again while you were pitching, if the team holds that lead for you, that pitcher would get the win.

No one's giving Papelbon a pity win, those are the rules of the game of basbeall.
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X