No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it also appears as though the sox will finally announce the lester signing tomorrow at some point

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
      it also appears as though the sox will finally announce the lester signing tomorrow at some point
      I saw that. Looks like they merely had to dot the i's, cross the t's, and get his physical over with.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• ORIOLES 6, RED SOX 2
        at Fort Myers, Fla.
        Sunday, March 15

Red Sox at the plate: Jason Varitek was the only Sox hitter to do damage against Orioles starter Brian Bass, driving in a run with a groundout in the fourth. Mike Lowell hit a bloop single to start the rally, moving to second on David Ortiz's walk. Ortiz had previously flown out to the warning track in center field in the first.

Red Sox on the mound: Despite an inefficient outing -- he needed 69 pitches to record 11 outs -- Clay Buchholz struck out six over 3 2/3 innings and allowed just one run. Jonathan Papelbon followed, hitting two batters and also allowing one run in his inning. His left-handed setup man, Hideki Okajima, fared slightly better, allowing two hits but no runs in one inning.

Grapefruit League records: Orioles 9-8, Red Sox 6-10

Up next:
        After a hectic Sunday in Fort Myers -- injury updates for Dustin Pedroia and Julio Lugo, a new contract for Jon Lester and a lack of one for Jason Bay -- the Sox will travel to the quieter pastures of Dunedin, Fla., on Monday to face the Blue Jays. Jacoby Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie and J.D. Drew are scheduled to make the two-hour trip, along with starter Justin Masterson. Roy Halladay will pitch for the Jays in a 1:05 p.m. game.

Comment

• clay buchholz gave up a run but it was on a bloop single that could have and probably should have been caught for the 3rd out of the inning

with that cheap run clay has allowed just that 1 run and opponents to hit about .100 against him this spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
            clay buchholz gave up a run but it was on a bloop single that could have and probably should have been caught for the 3rd out of the inning

with that cheap run clay has allowed just that 1 run and opponents to hit about .100 against him this spring
            Let's hope that his confidence is rebuilt. This kid has the tools to be something special.
            My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• It's only spring training so i won't get excited over Buchholz I'll wait and see how he is in the regular season and how is the rotation going to be ?

Josh Beckett

Jon Lester

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Brad Penny

Clay Buchholz

Or will Wakefield get the 5th spot and what happens when smolts comes back and what about Tazawa ? is he in the minors this year or are they going to put him in the Majors i personally think he should be in the minors for at least this year

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                It's only spring training so i won't get excited over Buchholz I'll wait and see how he is in the regular season and how is the rotation going to be ?

Josh Beckett

Jon Lester

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Brad Penny

Clay Buchholz

Or will Wakefield get the 5th spot and what happens when smolts comes back and what about Tazawa ? is he in the minors this year or are they going to put him in the Majors i personally think he should be in the minors for at least this year

I would like to see Clay contribute somewhere for this season and earn a 3 or 4 spot next year. The develop from there.

That is my hope in the kid. But, he needs to have full confidence to continue developing.

BTW, I agree w/ you regarding Tazawa.

Comment

• i think that clay should be number 5 in the rotation and Wakefield should be gone or at least used in relief and now that i think about it i think the rotation should be

Beckett

Lester

Matsuzaka

Masterson

Penny

Cause Masterson was a beast in relief last October I'm still not impressed with Buchholz and i can't stand Wakefield and we need to release Lugo cause all he has done is suck offensively and defensively

Comment

• If I recall, Tito stated they would be using Masterson only in the BP this year. Another guy with loads of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
                      If I recall, Tito stated they would be using Masterson only in the BP this year. Another guy with loads of talent.
                      they've actually been stretching him out to start this year...though i don;t think they've decided how exactly he'll be used...the sox seem to be stocked in both the rotation and pen

this is my guess

beckett
                      dice-k
                      lester
                      wakefield
                      buchholz/masterson

penny isn;t ready yet....if he is masterson will probably go to the pen and buchholz to aaa

Comment

we need to release Lugo cause all he has done is suck offensively and defensively
                        lugo had actually been very good this spring but it appears as though he has torn a knee ligament and will be out for a while...but i don;t think anything has been announced officially

luge makes them a better team in that lowrie can be the utility guy...who would be a great guy off the bench...but if lugo is out so is that idea

Comment

• RED SOX 6, BLUE JAYS 4
                          at Dunedin, Fla.
                          Monday, March 16

Red Sox at the plate: With the wind blowing briskly out to left field at Dunedin Stadium, Boston's hitters came through with three home runs. Outfielder Jeff Bailey went yard in the second, shortstop Jed Lowrie (3-for-4) followed suit in the third and first baseman Chris Carter homered in the fifth.

Red Sox on the mound: Boston right-hander Justin Masterson exited after three-plus innings against the Jays, who touched him for six hits, including one home run. Masterson yielded three runs -- two on Snider's homer -- and ended with three strikeouts and no walks.

Blue Jays on the mound: Ace Roy Halladay endured some uncharacteristic struggles against the Red Sox, surrendering eight hits and three home runs in five innings of work. Halladay allowed four runs and finished with five strikeouts and one walk. Closer B.J. Ryan worked one shutout inning.

Grapefruit League records: Red Sox 7-10; Blue Jays 8-7-1.

Up next: On Tuesday, the Red Sox host the Twins at 1:05 p.m. ET at City of Palms Park in Fort Myers, Fla. Josh Beckett is slated to start for Boston, with Jonathon Papelbon, Takashi Saito, Hideko Okajima, Jinuchi Tazawa and Wes Littleton also scheduled to pitch. Minnesota will hand the start to Scott Baker.

Comment

• my problem with that is Lowrie is on the rise and Lugo is clearly on the way down I don't really know why Boston signed him to a 4 year contract anyway he has never been great he's been good at times but look at him he has NO Power what so ever ... which is fine some guys just don't but he has a hard time making good Contact alot of the time and he is NOT as good on defense as people say he is

i think Boston should have traded him this offseason for Willis or Robertson when Detroit wanted him now it's to late

Comment

my problem with that is Lowrie is on the rise and Lugo is clearly on the way down I don't really know why Boston signed him to a 4 year contract anyway he has never been great he's been good at times but look at him he has NO Power what so ever ... which is fine some guys just don't but he has a hard time making good Contact alot of the time and he is NOT as good on defense as people say he is

i think Boston should have traded him this offseason for Willis or Robertson when Detroit wanted him now it's to late
                              finally something we agree on

i never wanted lugo and never understood why theo did.....but that's one of the few moves that have backfired on theo

i'm not as sold on lowrie just yet but i'm obviously rooting for him

Comment

• Couldn't agree more:salute!: why theo wanted Julio is beyond me i think there's a kid in the Sox minor league system with the last name of kelly i can't think of his first but from what ihear he is a really good Short stop and he can pitch as well i think he has a pretty good fastball and a really good curve ball so what i'm wondering is what does Boston do with Lowrie and Lugo when this kid comes up to the Majors ? Boston has always had Great Short Stops and when we had Nomar i think everyone will agree that we had the best in the game I miss Nomar but i think it's kind of odd how the year we trade Nomar we win the World Series i don't know

Does anyone else think that Boston should have gone after Nomar and Pedro i really really miss Pedro that dude was awesome for us

Comment

Working...
                                X