Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake,

I believe you are referring to Casey Kelly. He was on the Class A Lowell Spinners last season...not sure where he'll end up this season.

He was the # 30 pick in the draft last seson. He's 6'3 and weighs around 2 bills.

The kid is suppossed to be a stud, but we're a couple seasons of development away from his trip to the bigs.
    My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• yeah that's what i was thinking but we'll have Lugo until 2010 and what about Lowrie ?

and yeah i've that kid's a stud to which would be nice to some one with a little pop in his bat and what about this Lars Anderson kid i've heard so much about when is he going to make his Fenway Debut ? and what does that mean for Mikey Lowell cause we can move Youk back to third

I like the way the Sox handle thier bussiness now in the 3 step process

Step 1. Draft

step 2. develop

step 3. make them M.V.P.

Comment

• Agree. From what I'm hearing, Lars is struggling in camp and is looking uncomfortable at the plate and in the field. MAy be a little too soon for him, but a home grown power hitter will be sweet!!

Comment

• Boston 9, Minnesota 5

Thanks for keeping this thread up for me.

Boston AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
          Ellsbury, CF 3 2 2 2 0 0 0 .290
          Ambres, CF 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 .105
          Lowell, 3B 3 1 1 0 0 0 1 .500
          Chavez, A, 3B 2 0 1 1 0 1 0 .368
          Khoury, 3B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
          Ortiz, DH 3 2 2 3 0 0 0 .200
          a-Velazquez, PH-DH 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .280
          Baldelli, RF 4 0 0 0 0 2 1 .238
          Bailey, RF 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .452
          Bay, LF 4 1 2 2 0 1 0 .313
          McAnulty, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .188
          Varitek, C 3 1 2 1 0 0 0 .160
          Kottaras, G, C 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .286
          Wilkerson, 1B 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 .121
          Carter, 1B 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .278
          Lowrie, SS 3 1 2 0 0 0 3 .429
          Ochoa, SS 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .200
          Green, N, 2B 4 1 1 0 0 1 3 .342
          Totals 37 9 15 9 2 7 11

a-Singled for Ortiz in the 8th.

BATTING
          2B: Ellsbury (1, Baker).
          HR: Varitek (1, 2nd inning off Baker, 0 on, 1 out), Ortiz (2, 3rd inning off Baker, 1 on, 1 out), Ellsbury (1, 4th inning off Guerrier, 1 on, 0 out), Bay (1, 4th inning off Guerrier, 1 on, 2 out).
          TB: Ellsbury 6; Lowell; Chavez, A; Ortiz 5; Velazquez; Bay 5; Varitek 5; Kottaras, G; Lowrie 2; Green, N.
          RBI: Ortiz 3 (5), Varitek (6), Ellsbury 2 (4), Bay 2 (3), Chavez, A (2).
          2-out RBI: Bay 2; Chavez, A.
          Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Lowrie 2.
          SF: Ortiz.
          Team LOB: 7.

FIELDING
          DP: (Lowell-Green, N-Wilkerson).

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
          Beckett (W, 1-0) 4.0 6 3 3 1 3 0 2.08
          Papelbon 1.0 2 1 1 0 0 1 3.00
          Saito 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.50
          Okajima 1.0 1 1 1 1 1 0 3.86
          Tazawa 2.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1.29
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see you back South:salute!:

Comment

• It is nice to be back.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                It is nice to be back.
                Right on, man!
                sigpic
                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Any word on Pedrioa...

sigpic

Comment

• Dustin should be alright. He is going to take it slow and should be back on Saturday.

Arod is one strange guy.

Comment

• the SOX have just released Josh Bard who was going to be the back up catcher when Varitek needed a day off or when ever Wakefield pitched so my question is why did they even sign him again ? they should have gone after pudge and what happens when Kottars or what ever his name is can't catch the Knuckle ball ? do they expect Bard to come running back to them with open arms ? i wouldn't (okay yeah i would) this is the second time they've done this to Bard

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                        the SOX have just released Josh Bard who was going to be the back up catcher when Varitek needed a day off or when ever Wakefield pitched so my question is why did they even sign him again ? they should have gone after pudge and what happens when Kottars or what ever his name is can't catch the Knuckle ball ? do they expect Bard to come running back to them with open arms ? i wouldn't (okay yeah i would) this is the second time they've done this to Bard

i think they signed bard as an insurance policy in case tek hadn;t re-signed.

my guess is that kotteras is the backup until the sox make a deal for tek's successor...unless of course kotteras makes the sox think he can be that guy but i'm not so sure about that

Comment

• hey ss, was that 30 days? i was thinking you still had at least another 10 days

welcome back...now i can relax again in here

Comment

• some one sneaked me in a file inside of a cake.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                              the SOX have just released Josh Bard who was going to be the back up catcher when Varitek needed a day off or when ever Wakefield pitched so my question is why did they even sign him again ? they should have gone after pudge and what happens when Kottars or what ever his name is can't catch the Knuckle ball ? do they expect Bard to come running back to them with open arms ? i wouldn't (okay yeah i would) this is the second time they've done this to Bard
                              Fisk? Oh you mean Rodriguez. Sorry to me and almost every other Sox fan their will always be only one Pudge.

sigpic

Comment

• Youk injuired.

MIAMI -- Another star player from Team USA is dealing with an ailment, and the mounting injuries are creating roster headaches.
                                Kevin Youkilis, who had a homer and two RBIs in a walk-off win over Puerto Rico on Tuesday night, is bothered by a sore left ankle. The Red Sox All-Star returned to Fort Myers, Fla., to be examined by the medical staff, and he won't be traveling with Team USA to Los Angeles to compete in the semifinals of the World Baseball Classic.

A vocal and inspirational leader on Team USA, Youkilis has been hobbled by the ankle a few days. According to United States manager Davey Johnson, the first baseman labored getting to the postgame interview room after the emotional victory.

"There's a good possibility that Youkilis may be off the roster," Johnson told reporters late Wednesday afternoon. "He played with kind of a sprained ankle the other night. I have a bad feeling."

Team USA qualified for the semifinals with its win over Puerto Rico. It will play Venezuela on Wednesday night in a game that will decide seeding when the games head to Dodger Stadium.

Youkilis wasn't going to play anyway after Team USA clinched. Adam Dunn of the Nationals was in the lineup at first on Wednesday.

Team USA has some roster problems now, because ideally, the Nationals don't want Dunn to play first base. He has been playing right field in the tournament.

Because of the emergency situations, Dunn is playing a position at which he's appeared in just 127 games during his Major League career.

Another option is Mark DeRosa, who has played third base, second base and outfield in the Classic.

DeRosa has played first, but the Cleveland Indians have expressed to Team USA that they want him playing on the left side of the infield as much as possible.

After Wednesday, Team USA will be able to revise its roster. However, it can only replace a player with someone on its provisional roster. The only first baseman left is Derrek Lee. But the Cubs first baseman has been hampered by a sore right quad, and it is highly doubtful he will be available.

One solution is to discuss using Dunn at first base with the Nationals.

"We're in a pinch here," said Paul Seiler, USA Baseball executive director. "I'm sure if we reached out to the [Nationals] and said, 'Hey, here's where we're at for tonight's game,' hopefully, it wouldn't be an issue. Dunn has played first over his career at the big league level. It's a spot he's familiar with. It's really our only option tonight."

Youkilis has appeared in six games in the Classic, and he has three homers and six RBIs. He is the second player on the Red Sox to leave Team USA in Miami. On Saturday, second baseman Dustin Pedroia was placed on the injured list with a strained left oblique.

Also this week, Chipper Jones (right strained oblique) and reliever Matt Lindstrom (right rotator cuff strain) suffered injuries.

Pedroia was replaced at second base by Brian Roberts.

Team USA can fill in for Jones, Youkilis and Lindstrom.

Rays third baseman Evan Longoria is on the provisional roster, but finding first-base help is a higher priority.

Ryan Braun has been dealing with a right rib issue, but the Brewers outfielder still may play in Los Angeles.

Seiler noted that because Team USA will appear in two games in Los Angeles that it is less likely it will add a pitcher.

Seiler added that Team USA is in constant contact with clubs over the health status of their players.

"We have those conversation every day," Seiler said. "Just because he's with us, [it] doesn't give us carte blanche to do what we want with them."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X