X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    let use a comparison

lets say that Cro cop and Hughes are the Angels

And Congo and St-Pierre are the Redsox (Beckett to be specific) the RedSox will not only knock you the Hell Out but they'll embariss the @##$ out of you at the same time

" Cro cop is such a great fighter Bang kicked right in the head and is counting the lights"

Hughes has be dominated by St-Pierre (Beckett's 4 hit shut out in OCTOBER)

i'm not even mad at you sad angels fans cause i know what Beckett is and what he is not He is a two time World Series Champion and he is not a Loser who keeps on praying his team doesn't get thier asses kick out of the Playoffs so fast Cubs Fans say DAMN
    Wow! Those are intelligent and well thought out analogies. Not to mention, they make complete sense. You are cool! I wonder if you talked like this your whole life or just since the Red Sox won the World Series a few years ago and think you are big ****.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos Rex View Post
      Wow! Those are intelligent and well thought out analogies. Not to mention, they make complete sense. You are cool! I wonder if you talked like this your whole life or just since the Red Sox won the World Series a few years ago and think you are big ****.
      I guess we could ask you the samething where you an Angles fan before they won their World Series?

Why did Abreu what for a full ten seconds before calling time out? Why did he what untill Beckett was in his wind up to step out of the box?

Most people that have seen this have said that Beckett was not trying to hit him. He might have tried to buzz him, but if it where you on the mound and you where in your wind up whould you be a little upset? Would you risk an injury to by not throwing the ball?
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Not a fan of either team, but Beckett threw at him.

If he didn't throw at him, why did he decided to walk to homeplate and instigate?

Why didn't he throw the ball dead center to the backstop or to the opposite side of abreu?

Also, if Abreu had not looked up and flinched, the ball would have hit him in the side of the head/face.

I can't believe people are actually saying Beckett didn't mean to throw at him. Wow.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Oakland 8, Boston 2

Boston AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
          Baldelli, CF 2 1 0 0 1 2 0 .273
          b-Ellsbury, PH-CF 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .200
          Pedroia, 2B 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 .179
          Ortiz, DH 4 0 1 1 0 1 0 .208
          Youkilis, 1B 4 1 2 1 0 1 2 .519
          Drew, RF 4 0 1 0 0 0 3 .150
          Bay, LF 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 .286
          Lowell, 3B 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 .154
          Varitek, C 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 .238
          Green, N, SS 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 .400
          a-Carter, PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000
          Velazquez, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
          Totals 32 2 6 2 1 6 10

a-Struck out for Green, N in the 7th. b-Struck out for Baldelli in the 8th.

BATTING
          2B: Youkilis (3, Braden).
          HR: Youkilis (2, 2nd inning off Braden, 0 on, 0 out).
          TB: Pedroia; Ortiz; Youkilis 6; Drew; Bay.
          RBI: Youkilis (4), Ortiz (3).
          Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Drew 2.
          GIDP: Lowell.
          Team RISP: 1-for-4.
          Team LOB: 4.

FIELDING
          Pickoffs: Lester 2 (Sweeney, R at 1st base, Cabrera at 1st base).

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
          Lester (L, 0-2) 6.0 10 6 6 0 5 2 9.00
          Lopez, J 0.2 0 1 1 0 0 0 6.00
          Saito 1.1 2 1 1 1 3 0 7.71

sigpic

Comment

• Just stopped in to say, I hate the Red Sox. HECK YES
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
              I guess we could ask you the samething where you an Angles fan before they won their World Series?

Why did Abreu what for a full ten seconds before calling time out? Why did he what untill Beckett was in his wind up to step out of the box?

Most people that have seen this have said that Beckett was not trying to hit him. He might have tried to buzz him, but if it where you on the mound and you where in your wind up whould you be a little upset? Would you risk an injury to by not throwing the ball?
              Chances are Abreu called timeout because of the 10 second wait. Abreu did nothing wrong when he stepped out of the box. If Beckett wanted to be mad at someone, he should have been mad at the ump for calling the time. If there is one thing I don't see umps doing enough is ignoring the batter when he steps out at a bad time. In a perfect world Abreu would have stepped out, timeout denied, and the pitch thrown anyways.

To me, I think Beckett did try to throw it at him. He is way to good of a pitcher to have done that on accident. He had every right to be mad, but like I said, I think he took it out on the wrong person.

I don't think either should be suspended, but probably warned that it won't be put up with a second time.

Comment

• If Josh was throwing at him, he would have hit him.

Where are people not asking why Abreu called time when he did? As I have stated he had over 10 seconds to do so. Bobby was trying to get in Beckett's head, and force him to make a mistake that he could put over the fence and get an RBI home run. The reason Beckett approached the plate was to tell him that he did not appreachate him pulling a bush league move like that. To be honest if I where Josh I would be mad too. I also think if you are honest with yoursleves you would be ticked off two.

So when Abreu messes with the bull like he did why are people shocked when he gets the horns.

If the Angles had any smarts about it they would know it is part of the game. There was not reason for Tori Hunter to get upset enought to get ejected.

We all know that the next time the team plays Pedroia, or some other Red Sox player is going to take a ball in the middle of the back.

sigpic

Comment

If Josh was throwing at him, he would have hit him.

Where are people not asking why Abreu called time when he did? As I have stated he had over 10 seconds to do so. Bobby was trying to get in Beckett's head, and force him to make a mistake that he could put over the fence and get an RBI home run. The reason Beckett approached the plate was to tell him that he did not appreachate him pulling a bush league move like that. To be honest if I where Josh I would be mad too. I also think if you are honest with yoursleves you would be ticked off two.

So when Abreu messes with the bull like he did why are people shocked when he gets the horns.

If the Angles had any smarts about it they would know it is part of the game. There was not reason for Tori Hunter to get upset enought to get ejected.

We all know that the next time the team plays Pedroia, or some other Red Sox player is going to take a ball in the middle of the back.
                  Batters always call timeout if the pitcher is taking a while in his windup. Many pitchers do it on purpose to get a break.

If I was Josh I would be mad at the ump not calling a game that would limit injuries. I wouldn't be mad at Abreu for playing the game like any other hitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    Just stopped in to say, I hate the Red Sox. HECK YES
                    Good for you. I don't care, neither do the Red Sox or any other one of the Red Sox fans. I am guessing the only reaon you hate the Red Sox if you are not a Yankees fan is the fact that the Rockies got CRUSHED by Boston in a World Series they had no business being in. Colorado got EXTREMLY LUCKY on there little run. Enjoy your one pennant, cause it will never, and I mean NEVER happen again.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                      Batters always call timeout if the pitcher is taking a while in his windup. Many pitchers do it on purpose to get a break.

If I was Josh I would be mad at the ump not calling a game that would limit injuries. I wouldn't be mad at Abreu for playing the game like any other hitter.
                      Let me ask you this if it where a Rockies pitcher, would you be mad if he pulled up during a pitch and got hurt because a batter called a time out like this?

sigpic

Comment

• This ball was thrown right at his head.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Let me ask you this if it where a Rockies pitcher, would you be mad if he pulled up during a pitch and got hurt because a batter called a time out like this?
                          The same play actually happened today with Glendon Rusch. Likewise, I was annoyed with the ump (who also called a terrible game with his strike zone). Rusch managed to pull back and not get injured, he got lucky just like Beckett.

Usually pitchers are going to try and drop the ball and follow through without it. Sure it's hard, but it is much better than starting an unnecessary brawl.

Oh, and thanks for the pennant comment. I think we can be happy that we play on a hot streak and not a hot check book, even if we didn't make it all the way.

Comment

• NO, I hate the Sox for the same reason I hate the Yankees, and the Same reason I hate the Patriots, and the same reason I hate the Lakers.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              If Josh was throwing at him, he would have hit him.

While reading this, I couldn't keep from thinking that you know nothing about baseball and/or you're drunk. Either way, I would rather go to sleep than try to respond to that. Enjoy your man crush on Beckett tonight.
                              Last edited by Broncos Rex; 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                                NO, I hate the Sox for the same reason I hate the Yankees, and the Same reason I hate the Patriots, and the same reason I hate the Lakers.
                                And what reason would that be?

Cin, it was much more then just a "Hot Streak", there was a lot of luck to it. Let's not forget the disputed play at the plate when Holliday skinned his chin. You never prove 100% that he touched it, just like Padres fans can't prove he didn't. Also just to get into that game you need help in the Brewers game. Had that game gone the other way it would not have mattered how hot you played

To you "Hot Check" book comment that is just plain moronic. Look at the roster alot of the keyplayers where not purchaded.

Dustin Pedroia, the guy that hit a homer to start the Series came up throught the system.

John Lester, Game four winner came up through the system

Jacoby Elllsburry, a true rookie hitting .410 I think, came up throught the system.

Same with Kevin Youkilis at first. Jason Varitek has played his entire career with Boston.

Sure there are a few Big Name FA, but most teams that want to win sign Free Agents. When the Sox Sign David Ortiz from the Twins, the offer was only 1 million more the his salary the previous season.

The myth that the Red Sox have a hot check book simply is not true. The plan that they have in place is find your own, develop your own, and here is the key part KEEP YOUR OWN! That is something the Rockies refuse to do. The give their fan base a line of crap that they are a "small Market team" and can't afford to pay players what the want. Denver is a top ten TV market, it is not a small market by any means. Your owner are too greedy and don't want to spend any money to keep players.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X