Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow the White Sox hammered us.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
      In 08 the Sox where on bad inning away from taking game seven, plus using you logic about Carpenter, if we had a heath Lowell we would have won it. Look at how the are struggling this year, and have always stunk in previous seasons.
      You guys were one bad inning from losing the ALCS in five. Let's stop playing the "what if" game (yes, I know I started it).

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
      So you defense of the AL not being a superior League is to tell my how they where heavily favored?
      Yup. If the AL were so superior, the Tigers would've won in three games.

First bring up Carpenter is crying.
      Call it what you want, playa. I disagree. I still gave you guys props by saying the Sox would've won anyway.

Second no team "deserves" to win any Championship. Championships are earned, not desereved".
      Good God, do you know what deserved means? It's an adjective (or a verb) meaning, "justly or rightly earned; merited" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deserved

I was giving your team credit. English lesson over.

Are the Pardes on the same level as the Yankees or Phillies?
      Does a pitcher face the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies each time he takes the mound? Or does he sometimes face a lesser team like the Padres or the Royals?

One other factor on why Smoltz has played better for you then he did for us is he has had more time to find his groove, and rehab from his injury.
      Holy crap, a plausible reason! That's all I asked for! Why did it take this long?

If Pulos where a DH would not be hitting 9th, No DH hits ninth. To your point you want to replace a weak hitting pitcher, with a weak fielder, and the would be stupid and pointless. That is not how the DH is used.
      You asked me if I'd rather have Pujols or Carpenter batting. I assumed you meant would I want Pujols batting in Carpenter's spot, the 9th spot. No need to call my point stupid. I'm telling.

The DH is not the devil, it makes much more since then not having it. If I am an owner, I would not some one who job it is to pitch spending time doing anything but working on his pitching.

In the NL you have pinch runners and hitters right? A guy that sits on the bench 90% of the game then goes in only to run for another guy, or hit for someone (normaly for a PITCHER). If those are ok, why not some one speciality is just to hit?
      Nine guys field, the same nine guys hit. To NL guys like me, it's a simple concept. Playing baseball is about fielding as well as hitting. The DH destroys that simple concept and ruins a beautiful game.

But hey, it's obvious that we'll never agree on that.
      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohio Broncos View Post
        You guys were one bad inning from losing the ALCS in five. Let's stop playing the "what if" game (yes, I know I started it).

Yup. If the AL were so superior, the Tigers would've won in three games.

Call it what you want, playa. I disagree. I still gave you guys props by saying the Sox would've won anyway.

Good God, do you know what deserved means? It's an adjective (or a verb) meaning, "justly or rightly earned; merited" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deserved

I was giving your team credit. English lesson over.

Does a pitcher face the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies each time he takes the mound? Or does he sometimes face a lesser team like the Padres or the Royals?

Holy crap, a plausible reason! That's all I asked for! Why did it take this long?

You asked me if I'd rather have Pujols or Carpenter batting. I assumed you meant would I want Pujols batting in Carpenter's spot, the 9th spot. No need to call my point stupid. I'm telling.

Nine guys field, the same nine guys hit. To NL guys like me, it's a simple concept. Playing baseball is about fielding as well as hitting. The DH destroys that simple concept and ruins a beautiful game.

But hey, it's obvious that we'll never agree on that.
        Lets move the DH talk and get more people envolved.

sigpic

Comment

Yup. If the AL were so superior, the Tigers would've won in three games..

the tigers were far superior, every team has their stretches during a season where they don;t play particularly well...the cards were the better team for that series and that's all that counts in the record books but everybody with a clue knows that cardinal team was not very good...probably the worst team in history to win a world series

and fyi ...over the last 5 years the AL is 170!!! games over .500 against the NL in interleague play....and only half those games were played with a dh
          Last edited by Apoc13; 09-08-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I still think it's weird that Penny can completely suck for the Sox and then turn around and dominate a very powerful Phillies lineup.

By the way, here's Penny's line today against the Padres: W (2-0), 7 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K. If once is an accident and twice is a trend, what's three times?

I can accept that. It still doesn't answer why a team so desperate for starting pitching could just give away two starters for nothing and they can turn around and pitch well. They weren't motivated in Boston? If so, where does the fault lie?
            penny and smoltz were terrible for the sox....they were WHY the sox were desperate for pitching

penny, 1 win his his last 11 starts

smoltz just horrible every time out

...and i'll add that despite being so desperate for pitching they still will make the postseason...must not be that desperate

you're asking us, but what's your thought process on why they might be so much better?

Comment

• i was bored and looked up who penny beat...

the bottom 4 in the lineup against penny his last start.....batting 6th macias (.174 avg), 7th hundley (.224) , 8th rodriguez (.212), 9th the pitcher

half the lineup can't hit to save their life

he beat the phillies his first time out but they didn't have much in the 7th and 8th hole...giving penny, or any other pitcher for that matter, a good chance to pitch well

Comment

• I think if a baseball fan where to be 100% honest with themsevles they will admit, at least for right now, the AL is superiour in talent. One key reason is the Red Sox and Yankees. We engage in an arms race of sorts, which effects other AL teams.

Look at a few more pitchers that have swapped League Lee this year and CC last year. A good AL pitcher becomes an even better pitcher in the NL. While Most NL pichers struggle. There are execptions to the rule.

sigpic

Comment

• Sox win 10 - 0!!:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

• clay buchholz, in his last 7 starts, has a 2.99 era....and if you take away the one clunker his era is 1.74 in the other 6

Comment

• Dustin Pedroia's first career multi Homer game although he hit two off Kazmir in the ALCS last year in back to back at bats

Comment

• I need this win today. I dedacate it to the memory of my little Vanylla Rose.

sigpic

Comment

• V-Mart comes through for us in the clutch ...

does anyone else think he was the trade of the season ? ... i think that only the Phillies getting Clif Lee was better at this point

Comment

• And we darn near got them both, it was at the last minute the Tribe split the two up to get more players in return.

sigpic

Comment

• Finally we are looking good against the Rays.

sigpic

Comment

• way to go Sox :salute!: ... does anyone hear cowbells ? i can't but i thought i was losing my hearing cause "REAL FANS" don't leave their team right ? ...

NO THEY DON'T BUT BANDWAGON JUMPERS SURE AS HELL DO

THE RAYS SUCK LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL THEY GOT LUCKY LAST YEAR AND ARE PROVING THAT POINT THIS YEAR.

Why'd they trade Kazmir ? for a third baseman ? isn't that the Superstar Evan Longoria's position ? ... way to give up on the season Tampa ...

at least the AL EAST is where it should be ... Almost but better then last year

New York

Boston

Comment

Working...
                                X