Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    i find it hard to believe that the twins will let mauer walk and if they did the yankees would probably way overpay to get him

and saltalamacchia was not good this year...he threw some runners out but at the plate he was worse than tek...but he's still young so he has time to turn it around....and maybe he can be had a little cheaper this off season because he hit so poorly
    The Yankees are very deep at catcher. Posada is signed for 2 more years and our top prospect, Jesus Montero, a player who doesn't turn 20 until next month, is ready for AAA. Another top 10 prospect, Austin Romine, is right behind Montero and ready for AA. Romine turns 21 next month.

23 year old Francisco Cervelli is a quality defender and is ready to take over as Posada's backup in 2010. Cervelli has played 37 games so far this season in the majors. Our pitchers and Girardi love him.

Posada had a damned good year and is in tremendous shape.
    22 HR 81 RBI .290 BA .369 OBP .534 SLG 29.1% CS are quality numbers.

Montero should see time in the majors late next year and be a fixture at C and DH by 2011. Posada is signed through 2011. Romine should be ready by 2012, if he leapfrogs Cervelli.

With Damon and Matsui hitting FA, we need to look at OF, not C in FA.
    If the Twins let Mauer hit FA in 2011, they are idiots. The Yankees have worked hard at developing their own catchers. Why not use them, just like they developed and used Posada?
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post

If the Twins let Mauer hit FA in 2011, they are idiots. The Yankees have worked hard at developing their own catchers. Why not use them, just like they developed and used Posada?
      my thought process is that posada is getting old and he'd make a nice dh backup catcher.....and while the yanks might be able to slide one of their prospects into the catcher spot i find it hard to believe they wouldn;t be a player for one the of best catchers of our generation...yeah the yanks need an OF, but as this last off season showed, money is not usually an issue, why not get both?

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
        The Yankees are very deep at catcher. Posada is signed for 2 more years and our top prospect, Jesus Montero, a player who doesn't turn 20 until next month, is ready for AAA. Another top 10 prospect, Austin Romine, is right behind Montero and ready for AA. Romine turns 21 next month.

23 year old Francisco Cervelli is a quality defender and is ready to take over as Posada's backup in 2010. Cervelli has played 37 games so far this season in the majors. Our pitchers and Girardi love him.

Posada had a damned good year and is in tremendous shape.
        22 HR 81 RBI .290 BA .369 OBP .534 SLG 29.1% CS are quality numbers.

Montero should see time in the majors late next year and be a fixture at C and DH by 2011. Posada is signed through 2011. Romine should be ready by 2012, if he leapfrogs Cervelli.

Correct me if I am wrong or not, but have they not in the past brought in a FA even when they have top prosepcts.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Bucholz gave up 5 HR's in 5 innings. Is this going to be a trend? I don't know how he trends late in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Buchholz gave up 5 HR's in 5 innings. Is this going to be a trend? I don't know how he trends late in the season.
            Buchholz can struggle at times, he is a very young and raw pitcher. He has not been a starter this deep before so it is difficult to saw how he will trend. Some think we should trade saying he got lucky with his no hitter.

sigpic

Comment

• 2009 WILD CARD WINNERS!!!

Not the way I wanted to head into the post season, but we have won it all from the WC in the past.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                Correct me if I am wrong or not, but have they not in the past brought in a FA even when they have top prosepcts.
                Never to replace an all time great like Posada. Think about the history of Yankees catchers and how high Posada ranks on the lists. Posada is still playing top flight ball. He won't get ran out of town. He means too much to the team. When was the last big named FA catcher the Yankees signed? Girardi signed for peanuts, then Posada was groomed as his replacement. Montero and Romine are being groomed now. Cervelli needs a shot, at least as a backup. The kid plays great D, hits better than Molina (no, that isn't saying much) and makes the major league minimum. Why get a C with Posada coming off a strong season and Nady, Damon and Matsui headed to FA? Leave it to me and AAA ROY Austin Jackson takes over LF, Damon is signed to play DH + some LF (if he takes a 1 year deal), Swisher plays RF, and Brett Gardner competes with Melky for the CF job. Want a FA? Get Matt Holliday, Jason Bay, or roll the dice on a cheap deal with Rick Ankiel. I don't know where the organization stands on whether to give Ajax a 2nd year in AAA. The kid played basketball growing up. Quality player, but he's still learning.

Brian Cashman is the GM. George Steinbrenner is retired. Hank Steinbrenner has little to do with the team. Hal Steinbrenner and Cashman are on the same page. I know (not saying you, Mac) sox fans like to say the Yankees don't use home grown talent, but look at the roster.

I'm not sure why a 2011 FA is up for debate anyways. Mauer isn't a FA this offseason.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• JUST TO MAKE SURE ... CLAY BUCHHOLZ IS A BETTER PITCHER THEN JOSH BECKETT RIGHT ? ...

YEAH ... OK

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    Buchholz can struggle at times, he is a very young and raw pitcher. He has not been a starter this deep before so it is difficult to saw how he will trend. Some think we should trade saying he got lucky with his no hitter.
                    How do see the Red Sox rotation setting up for the 5 game series? Does Buchholz see any action or do you think they make him a bullpen guy considering the stakes?

Comment

How do see the Red Sox rotation setting up for the 5 game series? Does Buchholz see any action or do you think they make him a bullpen guy considering the stakes?
                      Right now, I think Game 3.

sigpic

Comment

before last night he had an era under two for his prior 6 starts...i'd be shocked if he isn;t the starter in game 3...if he's gonna stick around he needs some postseason experience under his belt sooner or later anyway

Comment

• tonight's lineup should in no way be confused with the red sox post season lineup

Gathright cf,
                          Reddck lf,
                          Kotchman 1b,
                          Ortiz dh,
                          Baldelli rf,
                          Kottaras c,
                          Gonzalez ss,
                          Lowrie 3b,
                          Woodward 2b

Comment

• Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            tonight's lineup should in no way be confused with the red sox post season lineup

Gathright cf,
                            Reddck lf,
                            Kotchman 1b,
                            Ortiz dh,
                            Baldelli rf,
                            Kottaras c,
                            Gonzalez ss,
                            Lowrie 3b,
                            Woodward 2b
                            Part of me is happy we are resting up, but I don't want to rust up either.

sigpic

Comment

• Congrats on making it in.

Let's take care of business and have it out for all the A.L. marbles like it SHOULD be. Good luck this postseason...

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                                Congrats on making it in.

Let's take care of business and have it out for all the A.L. marbles like it SHOULD be. Good luck this postseason...
                                Thanks DS!:salute!:
                                Good luck to you as well.

You like KB are a credit to you teams.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X