No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to have A-Pu on our team.

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• I would hate to see Albert in Boston.

Comment

• That would make it all the sweeter.

sigpic

Comment

• i bet you would because then all the Yankees fans could shut up about having the best player on their team cause the SOX would have him ...

Lowell i think is safe but he'll probably be the DH next year

Ortiz has to be dealt somewhere

Adrian Gonzalez would do nicely in Boston and with Youk @ third we should do alright

Jason Bay has to come back ... after seeing Holliday get hit in the junk and dropping the ball ... no thanks

Both Martinez and Varitek are not the answers at catcher Varitek has to much pride and a very easy buy out in his contract at 3 million

i don't see Boston giving up Bard but Buchhulz for Hernandez is just smart to me "King" Felix is one of the best pitchers in the league

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
            i bet you would because then all the Yankees fans could shut up about having the best player on their team cause the SOX would have him ...

Lowell i think is safe but he'll probably be the DH next year

Ortiz has to be dealt somewhere

Adrian Gonzalez would do nicely in Boston and with Youk @ third we should do alright

Jason Bay has to come back ... after seeing Holliday get hit in the junk and dropping the ball ... no thanks

Both Martinez and Varitek are not the answers at catcher Varitek has to much pride and a very easy buy out in his contract at 3 million

i don't see Boston giving up Bard but Buchhulz for Hernandez is just smart to me "King" Felix is one of the best pitchers in the league
            If Manny can play left field at Fenway anyone can.

sigpic

Comment

• Sad to see this thread not being used.

sigpic

Comment

• sorry south ...

i just don't like where we're headed as a team right now and it's not going to get better the Yankees have returned to power and our management let them and here's how

Cleveland
                Wanted Clay Buchholz and Justin Masterson and said they would give us Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez

Boston
                gave them Masterson for Martinez

(Cliff Lee is in the World Series )

Toronto
                wanted a serious offer for Roy Halladay like a Clay Buchholz

Boston
                can't part for Buchholz for some ****ING reason and now we're out of the playoffs and watching the ****ING YANKEES go to the World Series

and now there's talks about trading Papelbon ? fine just do it and use some unproven kid as our closer GREAT IDEA as long as Boston get someone like Hernandez from seattle

and for the love of God get rid of David Ortiz , Jason Varitek , Victor Martinez ,

and get someone who can hit the F'N BALL and not throw like a girl behind the plate

there south it was used

Comment

• This is the first I have heard of Buch and Masterson for both Lee and Martinez. I have heard the reason we did not get both of them is not because we would not deal Buch but the found out the could get more for them seperate then if the sent them as a package.

Besides if a host of other teams want Buch, that sould tell you his value.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    This is the first I have heard of Buch and Masterson for both Lee and Martinez. I have heard the reason we did not get both of them is not because we would not deal Buch but the found out the could get more for them seperate then if the sent them as a package.

Besides if a host of other teams want Buch, that sould tell you his value.
                    your missing my point south the Red Sox had alot of chances and to me didn't take them ... why i don't know but i do know is that we're not in the World Series now and something could have and should have been done about it

Here are some of the moves the Red Sox need to make this off season

Get rid of David Ortiz

Resign Jason Bay

find some way of getting Felix Hernandez ... even if means trading Papelbon

sign Matt Holliday he should make a good DH

Comment

• Thanks for talking so much smack, Snake. Any more predictions?
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Boston traded 2 minor leagurers to the Marlins for OF Jeremy Hermida.

Good move. Hermida didn't do much last season (.259/.348./392 14 2B 13 HR 47 RBI in 129 G), but he's young (26 in late January), cheap, and has some potential. He made $2.25 mil. last season. This is his 2nd year of arbitration.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                          Boston traded 2 minor leagurers to the Marlins for OF Jeremy Hermida.

Good move. Hermida didn't do much last season (.259/.348./392 14 2B 13 HR 47 RBI in 129 G), but he's young (26 in late January), cheap, and has some potential. He made $2.25 mil. last season. This is his 2nd year of arbitration.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
                          I wonder if this mean we wont be going after Holliday.

sigpic

Comment

• The Rockies have decided to not bring back Torrealba (Sp) maybe we should go after him.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              I wonder if this mean we wont be going after Holliday.
                              no...he's the 4th outfielder, replacing baldelli....i suppose in a worst case scenario he could be starting in lf but not by choice

Comment

• The Red Sox have picked up V-Mart's 2010 option.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X