No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the Royals, but they have the worst bullpen I've ever seen. Way to go , David Glass!! Way to keep that payroll down again!!!!

Intercepted from the Royals' Front Office:

GOALS:
    1. Profit margin (Thanks to Revenue Sharing!!)
    2. Everything else.

Memo:
    To Hell with the fans. If they want to see a good baseball team in KC, I'm sure there are DVD's of the Brett years.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• What a night for Jon Lester.

Papelbon and Lester=Franchise.

The only 2 pitchers we used all night too.

Lester only allowed 1 hit in 8 innings.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
      RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
      Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
      -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
        What a night for Jon Lester.

Papelbon and Lester=Franchise.

The only 2 pitchers we used all night too.

Lester only allowed 1 hit in 8 innings.
        They were both brilliant. Let's see: on the night that KC's bullpen is good they don't hit...... and they hit on the night the BP sucks. That's my Royals.
        I love 1-0 games, though.... MLB needs more of them.

Comment

• i agree^ i love to see pitchers duels,as long as the sox win them lol

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
            They were both brilliant. Let's see: on the night that KC's bullpen is good they don't hit...... and they hit on the night the BP sucks. That's my Royals.
            I love 1-0 games, though.... MLB needs more of them.

KB it was a great game by Lester. He saved a weary bullpen that needed it on the heels of Wake being injured. I like this kid a lot. What is scary is he knows how to attack the strike zone better than Beckett already. I just wish Beckett could learn from this kid on not to give in with a fastball, no matter how hard he throws. I am just glad the Sox did not trade Lester for Mr. Injury Prone AJ Burnett last year.
            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Man another 1-0 win where we only used 2 pitchers, this time Beckett went for 8 innings, only allowed 4 hits, no runs, and Papelbon saved the game, his 29th.

Thank you Manny!

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
              -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• every day not making that deal for a-rod looks better and better,lester was a part of that deal in fact the reason theo hasnt made any huge moves the past couple years is becuase everyone wanted pap,lester hansen or delcarmen. Theo values his prospects almost to a fault but im glad he does.

Comment

• I got to get me a Paps Jersey
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                    KB it was a great game by Lester. He saved a weary bullpen that needed it on the heels of Wake being injured. I like this kid a lot. What is scary is he knows how to attack the strike zone better than Beckett already. I just wish Beckett could learn from this kid on not to give in with a fastball, no matter how hard he throws. I am just glad the Sox did not trade Lester for Mr. Injury Prone AJ Burnett last year.
                    Beckett made up for it today. Great performance. No one else has said it, so I will, but KC didn't just lay down for the red sox. They gave boston a MUCH tougher time than anyone, myself included, expected. Buddy Bell is doing a good job. David Glass...... isn't. There. I said something nice about Glass. There's a first time for everything.

Comment

• Beckett signs 3-year extension

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...rt=MLB&id=2959

3 years $30 mil.

Comment

• Not that this compares with losing Cano for a month + Sheffield and Matsui for several months, but, if this report is true, boston gets some bad news:

"Sources told the Boston Globe that Tim Wakefield has a fracutured rib and will require a DL stint.
                        The Red Sox haven't confirmed it, but if the report is correct, Wakefield figures to miss at least three weeks. 2000 29th-round pick Kason Gabbard is likely to be called up to start in his place Saturday, but GM Theo Epstein will keep looking for outside help. Gabbard shouldn't be a candidate to have any fantasy value at all. "
                        Source: Boston Globe

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...185603&id=1756

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander
                          I got to get me a Paps Jersey
                          ive had mine for about a year now. ive been high on the kid since he was tearin up in our farm system.

and losing wake is a HUGE blow hes been (besides schill) the one constant as far as eating innings and giving you quality starts. theo might work the lines but he values his prospects almost to a fault so he'll be careful.

Comment

• Perhaps the greatest defensive play of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco

I know you are trying to be funny, but what was the point of this. A jab at the 2004 Red Sox and Manny for being stupid. It just does not make sense. Are you are Mariners fan looking forward to tonight? I am curious where you are coming from.
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                                I know you are trying to be funny, but what was the point of this. A jab at the 2004 Red Sox and Manny for being stupid. It just does not make sense. Are you are Mariners fan looking forward to tonight? I am curious where you are coming from.

Well Manny is stupid at times.

Anyways, thats why we have Coco now, even if Manny would have tried to cut that throw off a SECOND time, he wouldn't have had an opportunity to because Crisp would have got that.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                                -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Working...
                                X