Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Giants have a better staff then Boston, and probably not Philly but it's closer then some Phillies fans like to think.

It would be tough for any team in the NL to beat the Giants and Phillies in a 7 game playoff series.

So ready for baseball season.
    Boston's rotation is a far better set of arms then SF. Three out of the five won the deciding game of the WS.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
      Boston's rotation is a far better set of arms then SF. Three out of the five won the deciding game of the WS.
      It has some questions.

Can Bucholtz repeat his season.

Can Lackey and Beckett bounce back somewhat, and Lester is a stud only getting better.

Comment

It has some questions.

Can Bucholtz repeat his season.

Can Lackey and Beckett bounce back somewhat, and Lester is a stud only getting better.
        The Sox have fewer questions then the Giants do.

sigpic

Comment

I think you mean Rip Van Winkle, but I agree.
          Yeah, him
          My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Giants have a better staff then Boston, and probably not Philly but it's closer then some Phillies fans like to think.

It would be tough for any team in the NL to beat the Giants and Phillies in a 7 game playoff series.

So ready for baseball season.
            The only pitchers the Giants have are the Freak and Matt Cain. which are Damn good pitchers don't get me wrong but Zito sucks since going to the National League , Sanchez is HIGHLY overrated (don't mention that NO - NO against San Diego) and Bumgardner is good but really really young. Boston has Lackey , Lester , Buccholz , Beckett last time i checked FOUR beats TWO

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
            The Giants have a horrid lineup. We have a chance against them. The Phillies will be tough, however. One can dream, can't he?
            Really ? you have a change against the Giants ? the only offense you have is Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez and an old Todd Helton there is no Adkins anymore there is no Hawpe anymore Hell there is no Torrealba anymore. In case you've been sleeping under a rock Boston has just got Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to add to our already deadly line up ... or do you not remember the 2007 World Series ? I could lend you the DVD's if you dont

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
            Dang... can't wait for baseball season! Can't wait to see my beloved Colorado Rockies win the world series over Boston.. this is gonna be a great season!
            Like South said "Ain't gonna Happen" couldn't do it in 2007 aint gonna do it in 2011. You will not get past Philadelphia and San Francisco maybe one but NOT BOTH.

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            Ain't gonna happen. If their is a 2007 WS rematch you first have to get past the defending champs in SF, then you have to battle the Phillies. If and only if you can do that you would have to be us. This means beating the two best pitching staffs (Boston and Philly) in all of baseball. I do not see any team being able to do that.
            Terry Francona has never lost a World Series game as our manager and why would he all of a sudden lose to a team he kicked the crap out of almost four years ago ?

And you talk about our pitching staff lets go over the Rockies pitching staff

Ubaldo .... Here

Francis .....

Haarang ....

Fogg ....

Oh looks like you got one outstanding pitcher I think TWO (SF) beats one and I know FIVE (PHI) beats one so that would mean FOUR (BOS) beats ONE (COL)

Comment

• Tomorrow is Truck Day!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                The only pitchers the Giants have are the Freak and Matt Cain. which are Damn good pitchers don't get me wrong but Zito sucks since going to the National League , Sanchez is HIGHLY overrated (don't mention that NO - NO against San Diego) and Bumgardner is good but really really young. Boston has Lackey , Lester , Buccholz , Beckett last time i checked FOUR beats TWO
                How else do you think they won the world series?

Really ? you have a change against the Giants ? the only offense you have is Troy Tulowitzki, Carlos Gonzalez and an old Todd Helton there is no Adkins anymore there is no Hawpe anymore Hell there is no Torrealba anymore. In case you've been sleeping under a rock Boston has just got Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to add to our already deadly line up ... or do you not remember the 2007 World Series ? I could lend you the DVD's if you dont

Like South said "Ain't gonna Happen" couldn't do it in 2007 aint gonna do it in 2011. You will not get past Philadelphia and San Francisco maybe one but NOT BOTH.
                We're a different team from 2007. We have a better rotation and that year, Holliday was our only really good threat. Now Tulowitzki has emerged and so has Cargo. Wouldn't surprise me if Ian Stewart develops too. We have a young team with a lot of potential.

And you talk about our pitching staff lets go over the Rockies pitching staff

Ubaldo .... Here

Francis .....

Haarang ....

Fogg ....
                WRONG. We don't have Francis or Fogg anymore. We never signed Harang. Our rotation is:
                Ubaldo (excellent pitcher. wins total will improve if he gets better run support, which he should)
                Jorge De La Rosa (strikeout machine. Did very well to start off 2010 until injured. Won 16 games in 09)
                Jhoulys Chacin (rookie in 2010. Led all major league rookies in strikeouts with 140. Has great potential)
                Jason Hammel is ok, but Aaron Cook sucks.

Oh looks like you got one outstanding pitcher I think TWO (SF) beats one and I know FIVE (PHI) beats one so that would mean FOUR (BOS) beats ONE (COL)
                You don't know who's in our rotation. Do some research first please
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• I don't know who's in your rotation because I don't pay attention to Lucky Fluke teams that don't matter like colorado.

San Francisco Won the World Series because they played TEXAS who had Josh Hamilton and nothing else so you set him down and then everyone else will suffer as well. Kinsler is a good second baseman and Michael young is perhaps the most underrated player in Baseball but they are not power hitters and you can't play small ball (just hit singles) against a National League team.

I never said Ubaldo is a bad pitcher in fact he was the one I gave you not a bunch of no names and Jorge isn't anyting special hate to bust you're bubble if it comes down to Sox V. Rocks again you'll see why we kicked the crap out of you in 2007 except this time you won't lead an inning just like St.Louis in 2004 it will be a glorious beatdown of a HIGHLY OVERRATED team to bring home # 8 to Red Sox Nation

Comment

I don't know who's in your rotation because I don't pay attention to Lucky Fluke teams that don't matter like colorado.

San Francisco Won the World Series because they played TEXAS who had Josh Hamilton and nothing else so you set him down and then everyone else will suffer as well. Kinsler is a good second baseman and Michael young is perhaps the most underrated player in Baseball but they are not power hitters and you can't play small ball (just hit singles) against a National League team.

I never said Ubaldo is a bad pitcher in fact he was the one I gave you not a bunch of no names and Jorge isn't anyting special hate to bust you're bubble if it comes down to Sox V. Rocks again you'll see why we kicked the crap out of you in 2007 except this time you won't lead an inning just like St.Louis in 2004 it will be a glorious beatdown of a HIGHLY OVERRATED team to bring home # 8 to Red Sox Nation
                    Well don't just assume you know our rotation. San Fran won because they shut down the Rangers lineup in the world series. They played against both their lineup and the PHILLIES. They had a team ERA of 2.47 in the postseason. Texas actually does have a good lineup. They have Hamilton, Kinsler, Michael Young (soon to be a Rockie) Nelson Cruz, and they had Vladimir Guererro. Now, replace Guerrero with Adrian Beltre and Young with possibly Jose Lopez. True that's a downgrade, but they still have a great lineup.

When I said that, I was just saying it in a fans point of view. I don't really expect us to be in the world series. That'll probably be the Phillies or maybe the Giants again. But I do expect us to contend, and barring injury, we will.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Beltre is so freakin overrated he's a one year guy and Texas will see that that was a huge mistake on thier part.

and way to mention all the guys i did when i talked about the Rangers line up I mentioned Hamilton,Kinsler and Young you mentioned Vlad Guerrero and Cruz wow how did i leave those guys out ?

Comment

Beltre is so freakin overrated he's a one year guy and Texas will see that that was a huge mistake on thier part.

and way to mention all the guys i did when i talked about the Rangers line up I mentioned Hamilton,Kinsler and Young you mentioned Vlad Guerrero and Cruz wow how did i leave those guys out ?
                        If anything, he should do fine in Texas. Their ballpark is also a hitters park. Their hitting will be fine. Pitching will possibly be a problem. I think it might (depends on how Brandon Webb does)
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                          If anything, he should do fine in Texas. Their ballpark is also a hitters park. Their hitting will be fine. Pitching will possibly be a problem. I think it might (depends on how Brandon Webb does)
                          An Injury Proun pitcher not to mention a bit overrated he's no Cliff Lee.

Anyone else think Lee did Texas Wrong ? I mean they gave up alot for him and he pretty muched Sucked for them except against New York and Tampa Bay

Comment

An Injury Proun pitcher not to mention a bit overrated he's no Cliff Lee.

Anyone else think Lee did Texas Wrong ? I mean they gave up alot for him and he pretty muched Sucked for them except against New York and Tampa Bay
                            I don't expect Webb to do well, but knowing how bad that division is, they'll probably still contend.

As for Lee, .398 ERA is pretty solid if you pitch in a hitters ballpark. he dominated in the postseason except for one game against the giants
                            sigpic

Comment

• snake the Rockies are a good team. They took 2 out of 3 from us last year.

sigpic

Comment

snake the Rockies are a good team. They took 2 out of 3 from us last year.
                                South we sucked ASS last year that proves NOTHING ... we took four out seven against them in 2007 ... that was four years ago I don't like Rockies fans talking like they could beat us whenever they feel like it when they clearly can't when it counts

Comment

Working...
                                X