Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • boston's new Catcher: Javy Lopez.


    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=MLB&id=1791
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by keithbishop
      Javy's good, he'll be a good replacement for Tek, although he may not have the leadership, he has the bat.

      Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
      RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
      Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
      -Kobe Bryant-

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
        Javy's good, he'll be a good replacement for Tek, although he may not have the leadership, he has the bat.

        I expect the red sox to add a pitcher soon as well.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

        Comment


        • Josh Beckett is very overrated in my book. How can a guy with this talent have an ERA of 5.00? He also has given up 31 HRS. Yes sometimes pitchers with good control (bert blyleven) give up a lot of HRs but 31. This guy does not know how to pitch. He just says hit my 95-97 MPH fastball and in the NL that is okay.

          This year his interleague games he is 4-0 with a 2.73 ERA his
          AL only numbers are 9-6 with an ERA of 5.63

          he also has given up 26 of his 31 HRS to the AL. If you are a Sox fan this is Alarming with games left against NL (ERA of 10.80) and Toronto (ERA of 6.38)

          With all the hype around him coming into this year I expected WAY more from this guy. More starts like last night and the Sox will be watching NY, DET and Chic in the playoffs.

          I feel he has the ability to turn it around but He has to in a hurry. The Sox have 6 games at Tampa and KC. They better win at least 4 of these games or it will be even harder to catch the Yanks if at all.

          Just for one year I would like to see them win the AL East (not since 1995). Yes 2004 was awesome via the Wild Card, but I want to see some better pitching.

          Javy Lopez is a good pickup, but a 4th or 5th starter is more of what this team needs now.
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Medford Bronco
            Josh Beckett is very overrated in my book. How can a guy with this talent have an ERA of 5.00? He also has given up 31 HRS. Yes sometimes pitchers with good control (bert blyleven) give up a lot of HRs but 31. This guy does not know how to pitch. He just says hit my 95-97 MPH fastball and in the NL that is okay.

            This year his interleague games he is 4-0 with a 2.73 ERA his
            AL only numbers are 9-6 with an ERA of 5.63

            he also has given up 26 of his 31 HRS to the AL. If you are a Sox fan this is Alarming with games left against NL (ERA of 10.80) and Toronto (ERA of 6.38)

            With all the hype around him coming into this year I expected WAY more from this guy. More starts like last night and the Sox will be watching NY, DET and Chic in the playoffs.

            I feel he has the ability to turn it around but He has to in a hurry. The Sox have 6 games at Tampa and KC. They better win at least 4 of these games or it will be even harder to catch the Yanks if at all.

            Just for one year I would like to see them win the AL East (not since 1995). Yes 2004 was awesome via the Wild Card, but I want to see some better pitching.

            Javy Lopez is a good pickup, but a 4th or 5th starter is more of what this team needs now.

            Give him time to get used to the AL, geez.



            You don't honestly expect him to just come in and dominate do you?




            Give him time, Curt will be working with him and he'll get the hang of it I'm going to say at least by the playoffs.

            Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              Give him time to get used to the AL, geez.



              You don't honestly expect him to just come in and dominate do you?




              Give him time, Curt will be working with him and he'll get the hang of it I'm going to say at least by the playoffs.
              I am not saying he cant get better, but with his Godgiven ability he should do better. Just a humble opinion. I was pissed about last nights game still that is all. Way too many HRs for my own good.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

              Comment


              • You guys could be in big trouble, with the Yankees on fire, you better hope my Jays can slow down the White Sox or else you could slip in the WC and the AL East.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by alwilson91
                  You guys could be in big trouble, with the Yankees on fire, you better hope my Jays can slow down the White Sox or else you could slip in the WC and the AL East.
                  The sox just signed Javy Lopez, to replace for Varitek.
                  What does that mean when Varitek recovers? And this pretty much confirms that the Sox are in for a back to back performencs. (sox are my third favorite team, about where i stop caring about teams)




                  Javy Lopez to the Sox
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                  ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                  Comment


                  • I also hope Nixon stays out for a while, i like Pena soo much better
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                    Comment


                    • Ortiz came up big tonight. 2 HR's, including what proved to be the game-winner.

                      Schilling allowed 2 HR's, no big deal over 7 innings in the 3-2 win. Schilling is 14-4 and lowered his ERA to 3.78 (very respectable for the AL).

                      Mirabelli was hurt, but it doesn't sound serious:

                      http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=MLB&id=2300
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 08-04-2006, 07:57 PM.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        The sox just signed Javy Lopez, to replace for Varitek.
                        What does that mean when Varitek recovers? And this pretty much confirms that the Sox are in for a back to back performencs. (sox are my third favorite team, about where i stop caring about teams)




                        Javy Lopez to the Sox

                        I think it means we will trade him for a pitcher possibly.

                        Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                        -Kobe Bryant-

                        Comment


                        • Yesterday an undisclosed team picked up Andruw Jones off waivers.

                          Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

                          Comment


                          • I don't understand. The trade deadline has passed, yet they trade for Lopez?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                              I think it means we will trade him for a pitcher possibly.

                              If the rumors that Varitek will be out 4-6 weeks are true, boston will want to carry 3 catchers once rosters expand Sept 1st. Lopez is a free agent after the season.
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
                                I don't understand. The trade deadline has passed, yet they trade for Lopez?

                                Trades can still be made, but players must be placed on waivers. If a player is claimed on waivers, he can either be traded to the team that claims him or he can be pulled off waivers. Sometimes players are placed on waivers just to gauge possible offseason trade interest. If a player passes through waivers, he can be traded to any team.

                                Players traded after the deadline aren't eligible for postseason play unless another player (at their position ?? I believe that's the case) is placed on the DL.
                                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X