Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by keithbishop
    Trades can still be made, but players must be placed on waivers. If a player is claimed on waivers, he can either be traded to the team that claims him or he can be pulled off waivers. Sometimes players are placed on waivers just to gauge possible offseason trade interest. If a player passes through waivers, he can be traded to any team.

    Players traded after the deadline aren't eligible for postseason play unless another player (at their position ?? I believe that's the case) is placed on the DL.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I don't follow baseball that closely to know everything. So lets say Andruw Jones is traded to a team that makes the playoffs. He won't be able to play? I highly dislike that rule. It's not his fault he was traded.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
      Thanks for clearing that up. I don't follow baseball that closely to know everything. So lets say Andruw Jones is traded to a team that makes the playoffs. He won't be able to play? I highly dislike that rule. It's not his fault he was traded.
      I think he gets to play as long as someone on that team, at his position he will be playing, gets put on the DL. So he is like and injury replacement, but the 3rd string CF cant be put on the DL and Jones could still start.



      Aight, my boy Ortiz came up Huge once again
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

      ^^^Get used to it.^^^

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG
        Thanks for clearing that up. I don't follow baseball that closely to know everything. So lets say Andruw Jones is traded to a team that makes the playoffs. He won't be able to play? I highly dislike that rule. It's not his fault he was traded.

        It's a fair rule, IMO. Teams have until July 31st to make all the moves they want without restriction. In boston's case, if Varitek isn't able to return this season (he probably will, but this is just an example), Javy Lopez, traded for after the deadline, would be eligible to play in the postseason. There's a trading deadline in football and basketball as well, but baseball still allows trades to be made after the deadline. I don't mind the fact that there are restrictions on such trades.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by keithbishop
          It's a fair rule, IMO. Teams have until July 31st to make all the moves they want without restriction. In boston's case, if Varitek isn't able to return this season (he probably will, but this is just an example), Javy Lopez, traded for after the deadline, would be eligible to play in the postseason. There's a trading deadline in football and basketball as well, but baseball still allows trades to be made after the deadline. I don't mind the fact that there are restrictions on such trades.
          KB is right you can be on the playoff roster, as long as you are on a team before August 31st, which is the date rosters must be used for playoff purposes, unless a call up replaces and injured player on the DL for you team.

          As for the Sox. Their bullpen is ragged right not. Papelbon will get a pass from me, but Hansen is awful right now. I do not see the infatuation with this guy, I am not that impressed from what I see. Yes he is young, but so was Papelbon last year and there is no comparison between the two.

          Delcarmen is okay but is looking shaky and Timlin is someone I admire very much, but is getting overused.
          They wasted a good effort from a shaky Jason Johnson. It is sad. They better sweep the Royals and take 2 of 3 from Balt because by next week the schedule is gettting brutal Det for 3, the Yanks for 5 at the Angels for 3, Seattle for 3 and Oak for 3.

          17 tough games for them. Do not fall further behind NY or the division will be gone, The Sox are lucky the W Sox have been shaky as well lately. So the W Card could come down to the end of the season.
          Last edited by Medford Bronco; 08-07-2006, 06:21 AM.
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

          Comment


          • Hansen fits better as a starter, but last night we just got a taste of our own medicine.

            Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

            Comment


            • The Red Sox better sweep then Royals if they want to stay withing striking distance of NY. Lately anything is possible for the Sox, good or bad.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

              Comment


              • Im a Red Sox fan. I know, how can I be a Red Sox fan and a broncos fan too? Well my story goes like this. I was in high school, and I was about to graduate. it was getting to the summer of 1999 and I was just sick of seeing the yankers win all the time. I told my friend that I watch baseball but dont really have a favorite team. He was a Yankees fan. I told him though how much I absolutely hated the Yankees. I told him that if the yanks lost 100 games that I would be mad that they won 62. He told me that I sounded like a closet Red Sox fan. I didnt think about it until that night, and I just remember thinking maybe I am.

                I always watched when Pedro pitched and thought of him as my fav player at the time. I told him the next day that yeah maybe I am a Red Sox fan. He told me to enjoy a life filled with misery and pain. I felt that pain for another few years as the Yanks won 2 more rings and then beat the Sox in '03. I will never forget that Aaron Boone hit. That was the only thing he ever did in his life.



                sigpic


                Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Straz1999
                  Im a Red Sox fan. I know, how can I be a Red Sox fan and a broncos fan too? Well my story goes like this. I was in high school, and I was about to graduate. it was getting to the summer of 1999 and I was just sick of seeing the yankers win all the time. I told my friend that I watch baseball but dont really have a favorite team. He was a Yankees fan. I told him though how much I absolutely hated the Yankees. I told him that if the yanks lost 100 games that I would be mad that they won 62. He told me that I sounded like a closet Red Sox fan. I didnt think about it until that night, and I just remember thinking maybe I am.

                  I always watched when Pedro pitched and thought of him as my fav player at the time. I told him the next day that yeah maybe I am a Red Sox fan. He told me to enjoy a life filled with misery and pain. I felt that pain for another few years as the Yanks won 2 more rings and then beat the Sox in '03. I will never forget that Aaron Boone hit. That was the only thing he ever did in his life.
                  But you have 2004 now. BTW it is posssible to be both a Sox and Bronco fan, I am. I am also a Dodgers fan first though. (I was always intrigued by good pitching as a kid and still am)
                  NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                    But you have 2004 now. BTW it is posssible to be both a Sox and Bronco fan, I am. I am also a Dodgers fan first though. (I was always intrigued by good pitching as a kid and still am)

                    Well yeah, but everyone knows that so I didn't mention it.



                    sigpic


                    Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                      The Red Sox better sweep then Royals if they want to stay withing striking distance of NY. Lately anything is possible for the Sox, good or bad.
                      Well that didnt happen
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                      ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        Well that didnt happen
                        Indeed, the Sox are in big trouble, clearly the loss of their captain has effected them, maybe Big Papi can save them but the White Sox will eventually get hot again. Don't forget the Twins, they can't get any hotter as it is...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by alwilson91
                          Indeed, the Sox are in big trouble, clearly the loss of their captain has effected them, maybe Big Papi can save them but the White Sox will eventually get hot again. Don't forget the Twins, they can't get any hotter as it is...
                          Not without Lahrino (sp. is way off srry). Bosten still has a chance as long as the WHite sox keep loosing.
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                          ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                          Comment


                          • i think the tek injury will turn out to be the straw that broke this cammels back.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                              i think the tek injury will turn out to be the straw that broke this cammels back.

                              I really think this team is in trouble unfortunately. I feel not making a move at the deadline, even minor like getting some bullpen help is hurting.

                              I just hope Schill pitches great tonight and the Sox start streak. Balt is next so make hay now before the iron comes in on Monday
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                              Comment


                              • At least Javy did some damage last night.

                                Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                                -Kobe Bryant-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X