Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangeShadow
    theres a diffenerence between losing players in the first 2 months of the season where as boston lost a number of kepy players late in the season in the thick of a pennant race
    Orange I like you and you are a great Sox fan, but this is excuse making. The Yanks lost Matsui, Sheff, Cano (since back) and now Mussina.

they have been hit as hard as Boston has and done quite well because Cashman did something about it, instead of sit idly and let the bullpen blow up before our eyes. (timlin, delcarmen and Hansen )

No I would not have traded all the kids but a lower level prospect for a Scott Linbrink of SD (who they had interest in) to help.

Also bring In Papelbon (on Sat) when you are up 1 in the 8th inning and in need of a desperate win. J Torre would have brought in Rivera in that situation,

All is good though I am just venting. I am glad you are a good fan. CP when they replenish
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• It is only getting worse

look here
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
        It is only getting worse

look here
        Stick a fork in the sox......I wouldn't be suprised if they finish the season in third.....
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• The red sox are trying to trade David Wells to an NL contender by August 31st.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• David Wells scratched from tonight's start

ESPN expects him to be traded tonight: Padres?? Twins?? Dodgers??

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander
              Shil, is only one of our Aces, look at what Beckett did to you nmot only on Tuesday but in the 00 Series. It will be a LONG time before the Evil Empire wins another championship.
              Lolololololol!!!!!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• kyle freaking snyder,7 innings 2 hits 8ks. papelbon now has a strained shoulder and schill is going to miss a start,when will it end?!

Comment

kyle freaking snyder,7 innings 2 hits 8ks. papelbon now has a strained shoulder and schill is going to miss a start,when will it end?!
                  Oct. 1st??

Some of the troops are back. Wily Mo Pena was the DH today and Alex Gonzalez played SS. Ortiz should be in the lineup any day now.

Comment

• sure they'll be back but we will be without papelbon for a week schill will miss at least this start maybe his next. seems like we just cant get our full team back.

Comment

sure they'll be back but we will be without papelbon for a week schill will miss at least this start maybe his next. seems like we just cant get our full team back.

Manny, Trot Nixon and Varitek returned to boston's lineup last night.

Name a team that has their full lineup. Minnesota MIGHT get Liriano back within 2 weeks and Brad Radke's career is VERY likely over, yet they lead the Wild Card race. Mike Mussina is returning from the 15-day DL tonight, just as I learned last night that Mariano Rivera won't be available until this weekend at the soonest.

boston had a huge run of recent injuries..... and the Yankees had a huge run of injuries over the course of the season. I don't want to hear "ours were worse......", etc. Excuses don't help in the standings. boston's players are returning to health and the wild card race is far from over. Now is the time for the tough to prove how badly they want in the postseason and the rest to nurse their wounds as they watch the playoffs on TV (don't pretend I mean ANYTHING about Hansen with that statement...... MENTALLY tough means that boston's current players have to make up for the missing ones, as Melky and Bernie , among others, did for the Yankees).

I'd have to second guess the trade of David Wells with Schilling being unavailable, but the move could pay off in the future. Boomer's weight issue aside, he was the epitome of "Give Me The Damn Ball", a big game player. boston's offense will be fine and it's simply time for Beckett to step up and be the ace until Schilling returns (like Wang did for the Yankees).

Tavarez has been VERY impressive in his 2 starts. Carlos Pena provided a big lift with his walkoff HR last night. boston has a chance in the next 2 games to send a message to the White Sox.

--Edit-- I feel really bad for Brad Radke. He has had a very good Major League career and was pitching this season, from what I understand, whith a fractured bone in his shoulder. He toughed it out until he couldn't lift his arm over his head. I've heard his throwing shoulder described as "mush".

He was taking the ball every 5th day even though he knew he was hurt badly. His fastball had dropped from 90 MPH or so to about 80 MPH.
                      Radke has been a classy player and a great Minnesota Twin.

Here's to you, Brad:
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 09-05-2006, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Can you say 9 games back and all star DL in one word

I can

BOSTON :idiot:

:devil:

Comment

• first julian tavarez then kason gabbard shut down the Chisox, completley unprobable but what a couple of games as far as pitching

Comment

first julian tavarez then kason gabbard shut down the Chisox, completley unprobable but what a couple of games as far as pitching
                            Proof that the red sox are still in it. When the big guns are down, it's imperative that some surprising players step up. boston goes for the sweep tomorrow.

Comment

• Papelbon done for the year?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• no,he'll probably pitch in a week or so. its also going to depend where the sox are in terms of the race by the time they face baltimore or NY.its just basically a bit of dead arm,there isnt any tearing or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X