Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithbishop
    Proof that the red sox are still in it. When the big guns are down, it's imperative that some surprising players step up. boston goes for the sweep tomorrow.

Yes they are playing better, but is is too little too late. They are still 6 back in the WC with 25 or so games left. It will be tough. If they win 19 and lose 6 then yes if not then it will be all done.

It proves just how important Varitek is to this staff. He comes back and they pitch much better. (even though Mirabelli played last night)
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeShadow
      no,he'll probably pitch in a week or so. its also going to depend where the sox are in terms of the race by the time they face baltimore or NY.its just basically a bit of dead arm,there isnt any tearing or anything like that.
      Yea, no tear.
      However, all the reports say he needs to shut it down for a week or two, and then build the strength in his arm back up. There's only 4 weeks of baseball left, which doesn't leave him much time to heal.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
        Can you say 9 games back and all star DL in one word

I can

BOSTON :idiot:

:devil:
        Can you say lost to Royals?

:hammer:

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue

I can also say SWEPT BY ROYALS :hammer: .

This will cheer you up:

Anibal Sanchez, sent by the Red Sox to the Marlins in the Josh Beckett trade, just threw a no-hitter against the D-Backs.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

This will cheer you up:

Anibal Sanchez, sent by the Red Sox to the Marlins in the Josh Beckett trade, just threw a no-hitter against the D-Backs.
            im officially off the d-backs bandwagon
            sigpic

Comment

This will cheer you up:

That's ok...with their offense, they'll be able to take those trademark Beckett games where the opponents hit 5 or 6 homers.

Comment

• Who knew how hard the Marlins would be laughing...and how badly they ripped the sox off.

Hanley Ramirez, AND Anabel Sanchez for Beckett and Lowell.

:idiot:
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• taking 2 out of 3 against chicago is pretty good considering we started in order
                  julian tavarez kason gabbard and kyle snyder. 2 out of 3 is a hell of an accomplishment.

and as far as the beckett deal i think its to early to judge it either way. Beckett says he will adjust in the offseason(i think its pretty much due to being arrogant). But lowell was a throw in with beckett and hes played all star and gold glove caliber third base this year. beckett has looked great his last 3 starts and if/when schill teaches him the splitter, look out.

Comment

This will cheer you up:

That is just plain mean KB, just for that I wont talk to you for 5 seconds

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                      taking 2 out of 3 against chicago is pretty good considering we started in order
                      julian tavarez kason gabbard and kyle snyder. 2 out of 3 is a hell of an accomplishment.

and as far as the beckett deal i think its to early to judge it either way. Beckett says he will adjust in the offseason(i think its pretty much due to being arrogant). But lowell was a throw in with beckett and hes played all star and gold glove caliber third base this year. beckett has looked great his last 3 starts and if/when schill teaches him the splitter, look out.
                      That was a great series for boston vs. Chicago. The blown save by Jenks is testimony to how hard boston is playing. boston has 3 games left vs. Minnesota, who lead the red sox by 6 games in the WC.

Minnesota vs. Detroit this weekend should be VERY interesting. Minnesota trails Detroit by 4 games in the Central.

Beckett will be fine next season, IMO, but the Marlins also came out good in the deal (including Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez). This could easily end up a win/win trade. It's insane, but the Marlins are only 3 games behind San Diego for the Wild Card.

Will Schilling be back soon??
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 09-07-2006, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander
                        That is just plain mean KB, just for that I wont talk to you for 5 seconds

That seemed more like 5 MONTHS, South. Will you find it in your heart to forgive me??

GO red s...... I tried..... but I can't say it .

Comment

• Still up in the air as far as schill.they say he might miss his next start but we really dont know.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue

Yeah and I can also say 1st PLACE IN AL EAST (and 2 out of 3 - I'll take every 2 out of 3 wins - bet you guys would too - hehehehe)

And you cant - nanny nanny boo boo

Comment

That seemed more like 5 MONTHS, South. Will you find it in your heart to forgive me??

GO red s...... I tried..... but I can't say it .

It has been Waaaaaaaaay to long, not quite 80 and some odd years but it felt like it.

oh well as a Red Sox Fan I used to typing this but

NEXT YEAR...............

Theo better get off his a double you know what and get us some help.
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

Comment

• It was a good day off fr the red sox : Detroit beat Minnesota and Cleveland beat Chicago.

Minnesota leads Chicago by 1/2 game for the wild card. boston and the Angels are 5.5 games back. boston still has a series left against the Twins (in boston, I believe).

Comment

Working...
                                X