Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, at least my Jays didn't finish third in the division like everyone said!!!! :dance:



    Note to JP this offseason: SIGN VERNON WELLS TO AN EXTENSION!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • they're there right now

      i was at the sox game last night,it was awesome!


      Comment


      • Josh Beckett still is so inconsistent it is not even funny :brick: :hammer:

        5.01 ERA is not good and about 5.60 vs the AL
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

        Comment


        • And who says money buys you anything?

          "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
            And who says money buys you anything?

            Terrell's publicist - according to her its the only reason to live not your kids or your family - nope - the almighty $$$$$$$$$ oh but I was being a biatch yesterday cause I said im glad hes not on our team - apparantly thats more insensitive than saying money is the main reason a person should want to live

            And why the hell is there still a thread on THESE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

            They are D*O*N*E :wave:

            Comment


            • Court Ruling on Child Abuse Case

              Roxbury, MASS-- A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
              The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his Aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

              After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

              "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                Court Ruling on Child Abuse Case

                Roxbury, MASS-- A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Boston courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
                The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his Aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

                After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Boston Red Sox, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.
                :clap: :clap: :clap:

                Comment


                • Yesterday was quite a day for my Red Sox!

                  First, they acquired the rights to bid for the best available FA pitcher - Matsuzaka,

                  and then Keith Foulke decides not to accept his 3.5 ml option to return to Boston!

                  It was a great day for Boston and a terrible day for NY (Mets and Yanks)

                  Way to Go Theo!


                  Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                    Yesterday was quite a day for my Red Sox!

                    First, they acquired the rights to bid for the best available FA pitcher - Matsuzaka,

                    and then Keith Foulke decides not to accept his 3.5 ml option to return to Boston!

                    It was a great day for Boston and a terrible day for NY (Mets and Yanks)

                    Way to Go Theo!
                    Hold on a sec, pardner .

                    By terrible day for the Yankees, I assume you mean it's a bad thing to pick up 3 pitching prospects from the Tigers, (including 2 of the Tigers top 10 prospects) for Gary Sheffield, who the Yankees had no intention of keeping. Instead of letting him leave as a FA, the Yankees picked up his 2007 option, then traded him for young pitching without spending a penny. PLEASE let the Yankees have more "terrible days" like that .

                    Matsuzaka..... it depends on what rumor you believe.

                    Do you believe :
                    1. Buster Olney's statement that the red sox may have won the rights to negotiate with Mats for $45 million .

                    2. Agent Scott Boras statement that there is no truth to the red sox rumor.

                    3. The rumor that the Rangers placed the highest bid.

                    4. The rumor that the Angels placed the highest bid.

                    5. The rumor that the Yankees placed the highest bid.

                    6. The rumor that the red sox may have made a ridiculous posting fee offer with no attempt of seriously negotiating. This rumor says that the red sox intend to try to make a low ball offer, which Boras will refuse. Such a posting fee offer COULD keep Matsuzaka away from another team, but there is no guarantee Seibu (Matsuzaka's team in Japan)would accept an offer from a team that was unlikely to sign him.

                    7. The Rumor that Boras is seeking anywhere from 3 years $36 mil. to 5 years $70 mil. for his client. A little math: Including posting fee, 3 years, $81 mil. or 5 years $105 mil.

                    I have no idea which rumor to believe. The red sox MAY HAVE made the highest bid. If the bid was anywhere near $40 mil, though, it strongly proves my point that all the complaints from red sox fans I've heard over the years about "The Big, Bad Yankees having all the $$" are as false as I've always claimed them to be. It would certainly make the "We couldn't afford to keep Damon" arguments laughable. The red sox have plenty of $$.... don't be fooled.

                    Matsuzaka is an intriguing talent, but his cost may prove to be insane. Let's say the bid was $35 mil. (the total I originally thought he would go for). Let's say Boras caves in and agrees to a 3 year $30 mil. deal , with free agency, not arbitration after the 3rd year ( a clause I can guarantee he'll insist on). That's 3 years $65 mil. for a talented, but unproven, pitcher. I believe $10 mil. per season is less than he will sign for, by the way.

                    That would be a HUGE roll of the dice for any team. I'll wait until an official announcement is made before I believe anything.
                    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                    Comment


                    • Matsuzaka

                      This is insane. It certainly appears that boston made the highest bid, but at what cost??

                      Rumors from memory:

                      Buster Olney: $38 mil. to $45 mil. posting fee

                      Gammons : $42. mil. posting fee

                      Orestes Destrade (ex-Seibu /Yankees (among other teams) minor leage player) : $50 mil. OR MORE .


                      If that's an RSN "victory", rotsa ruck, sox fans.

                      Boras is now said to be asking for a 3-year $45 mil. deal, though I can see it ending up closer to 3 years $36 to $39 mil.

                      Let's shoot the middle on the posting fee: $42 mil. add $36 mil. to sign him (and, IMO, that's a tad conservative)................. that's 3 years $ 79 mil. I'm stunned at that amount. $26.3 mil. per season..... wow. You can have him, RSN. You can also take back any comments concerning the red sox inability to spend as much as the Yankees do...... specifically comments that they couldn't afford to give Damon what he ased, $11.5 mil. per season..... the mid-point of boston's offer and the Yankees offer.

                      I thought estimates of a deal for Zito in the 6-year $72-80 mil. range were bad, but the same cost, or more, for a deal 1/2 as long........... I repeat...... wow.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by keithbishop
                        This is insane. It certainly appears that boston made the highest bid, but at what cost??

                        .................................................. .....

                        Let's shoot the middle on the posting fee: $42 mil. add $36 mil. to sign him (and, IMO, that's a tad conservative)................. that's 3 years $ 79 mil. I'm stunned at that amount. $26.3 mil. per season..... wow. You can have him, RSN. You can also take back any comments concerning the red sox inability to spend as much as the Yankees do...... specifically comments that they couldn't afford to give Damon what he ased, $11.5 mil. per season..... the mid-point of boston's offer and the Yankees offer.

                        I thought estimates of a deal for Zito in the 6-year $72-80 mil. range were bad, but the same cost, or more, for a deal 1/2 as long........... I repeat...... wow.
                        This deal is no more risky than some of the other recent high dollar contracts for pitching. For example, the highest paid pitchers last year were Mike Hampton, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Chan Ho Park, Andy Pettitte and Mike Mussina. This group averaged close to 16 ml in salary last year but they also averaged about 10 wins for the 2006 season. Those pitchers got paid well over 1 ml per win.

                        Matsuzaka is only 26 and some baseball people feel he is capable of getting 20 or more wins. That's a little over 1 ml per win. You add that with the tremendous amount of revenue generated by selling Red Sox merchandise in Japan and this deal actually looks considerably less risky than you have portrayed it to be.

                        Go Sox!!


                        Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                        Comment


                        • Well the money for negotiating doesnt count on the payroll so its not that bad. Ill take matsuka over a lefthanded fly ball pitcher in fenway.

                          Plus papelbon is going to win 20 games


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                            Well the money for negotiating doesnt count on the payroll so its not that bad. Ill take matsuka over a lefthanded fly ball pitcher in fenway.

                            Plus papelbon is going to win 20 games

                            Next year?!!!

                            I say he wins 14.


                            I'm going to hold you to that 20.


                            And by the way, don't think that negotiating money doesn't matter just because it's not on the payroll. They have a lot less money to work with now.......
                            Administrator

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • you and i both know money isnt an option to NY or boston

                              i amend my statement to if healthy papelbon will win 20 games


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                                you and i both know money isnt an option to NY or boston

                                i amend my statement to if healthy papelbon will win 20 games

                                It's not a huge problem....but spending THAT much money takes a little chunk (A little one at least) out of your spending cap. And JD DREW?!!

                                Jeez, they're going to spend more money on JD DREW than they would've on Damon.

                                In the words of Michael Kay "That will be the biggest bust in Red Sox history."



                                And I amend my statement to if healthy, Papelbon will win 16.
                                Administrator

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X