Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And word is, Helton will be dealt at the end of Spring Training for Lester and Lowell.
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

    Comment


    • Originally posted by keithbishop
      If you're familiar at all with the red sox roster, you'd realize that they haven't developed anyone that's been on the team for even 3 full major league seasons.

      Position players:
      Pedroia and Youkilis are the only 2 developed by boston.

      Pitchers:
      Papelbon, Hansen, Delcarmen, and Lester.

      None of them have much big league experience. All the other red sox came from other organizations via trade or free agency.

      Meanwhile, Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, and Jorge Posada were developed by the Yankees. Rivera came up for good in 1995, Jeter in 1996, and Posada in 1997.

      Please explain the vast discrepancy in team loyalty to the players they developed. I can't wait for your explanation........................ :wave:
      My explanation is the same as why the Yankees only have three homegrown players - it's hard to win a Championship with too many inexperienced players. That's why the Yankees and Red Sox have traded off their prospects for guys like Beckett and Abreau.

      But I find it interesting that you feel the Yankees have more loyalty when there's only three againg players remaining and two of them don't have contracts for next year.


      Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SmithOverTO
        And word is, Helton will be dealt at the end of Spring Training for Lester and Lowell.
        If the Sox weren't willing to trade Lowell along with either Hansen or Delcarmen why would they trade Lester and Lowell.

        Forget about it. You can keep your rapidly declining superstar.


        Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
          My explanation is the same as why the Yankees only have three homegrown players - it's hard to win a Championship with too many inexperienced players. That's why the Yankees and Red Sox have traded off their prospects for guys like Beckett and Abreau.

          But I find it interesting that you feel the Yankees have more loyalty when there's only three againg players remaining and two of them don't have contracts for next year.
          Where do you get this stuff?? Only 3 players developed by the team with at least 10 years service time as opposed to 0 players developed by your team with as many as 3 years service time is approximately the same?? Give me a break, PCE.

          Let me make sure I have this right. You're saying that:

          1.Rivera is aging (37)......

          2.Posada is aging (35).......

          3.Jeter is aging (32..... 32??? Are you serious??? That's a joke, PCE. Hell, Manny Ramirez is 2 years older than Jeter and I'd think it was ridiculous if you called him "aging").........

          yet.........

          it was wrong for the Yankees not to bring back the 38-year old Williams..... the same Williams with bad knees and shoulders??

          How about a little consistency?? Try it..... it works.

          Rivera and Posada each have a minimum of 2 seasons left to play..... more likely 3.

          Jeter has, continued good health permitting, of course, 7..... 8 ...... maybe more seasons left.

          Since you've completely forgotten about last Spring Training's "controversies"....
          Mike Mussina and Gary Sheffield had options that it didn't look like the Yankees would pick up. Mussina wouldn't say a lot about his contract. Sheff, of course, had tons to say about his.

          The end result: Sheff's option was picked up and he was traded to Detroit. Moose signed a 2-year extension AFTER the Yankees declined to pick up his option and BEFORE the start of the Free Agency period.

          Tell you what..... I'll bet you that both Rivera and Posada return to the Yankees for the 2008 season. The wager...... the loser has to use a sig picture made to the specifications of the winner's wish (you'd get a big Yankees sig or I'd get a big red sox sig) throughout 2008--the year, not merely the baseball season--. Said sig would have to be carried without any negative quotes/pics etc. about the Yankees/red sox in the losers sig or avatar. The loser also gets to adopt a "favorite player" of the winners choice for a full year.

          It would make sense to cancel the bet if either player received a career-ending injury, but I won't insist on it. Should I lose the bet, I'll keep my end of the bargain.... you don't have to worry about that. The question is..... are you up to it???
          Last edited by keithbishop; 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM.
          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




          R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by keithbishop

            Tell you what..... I'll bet you that both Rivera and Posada return to the Yankees for the 2008 season. The wager...... the loser has to use a sig picture made to the specifications of the winner's wish (you'd get a big Yankees sig or I'd get a big red sox sig) throughout 2008--the year, not merely the baseball season--. Said sig would have to be carried without any negative quotes/pics etc. about the Yankees/red sox in the losers sig or avatar. The loser also gets to adopt a "favorite player" of the winners choice for a full year.

            It would make sense to cancel the bet if either player received a career-ending injury, but I won't insist on it. Should I lose the bet, I'll keep my end of the bargain.... you don't have to worry about that. The question is..... are you up to it???
            I'm not sure about the bet. Let me ask my agent.


            Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
              Hey Stanley, do you think I should take KB's bet?
              Yes. Take it. The Yanks will probably sign Rivera but Posada has a lot of miles on his old body. Cashman wants to get younger. This is Posada's last year. he might even retire.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mr. Roper
                Yes. Take it. The Yanks will probably sign Rivera but Posada has a lot of miles on his old body. Cashman wants to get younger. This is Posada's last year. he might even retire.
                Thanks Mr. Roper! I think you'r right on the money on this one.

                OK KB, you're on. Remember, this bet is about both players returning next year so injuries and retirements are included as well.


                Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                  Thanks Mr. Roper! I think you'r right on the money on this one.

                  OK KB, you're on. Remember, this bet is about both players returning next year so injuries and retirements are included as well.
                  Not a problem.

                  You got some bad advice, though. Posada is coming off a magnificent season (so is Mo, of course). He reported to 2006 ST in great shape (same thing this season) and, after working with Tony Pena, had the best year of his career throwing out runners. Both players are looking at 2 or 3 more years.









                  Just to clarify.....

                  What you fail to understand is that the Yankees are ALWAYS controversial, be it through legit stories (Mussina calling out Pavano) or through pure media hype (A-Rod and Jeter are merely "good friends"). Moose apologizing to Pavano should have been a story, but it was quickly buried. See how this works?? Negativity sells.

                  I remember Reggie's "I'm the straw that stirs the drink"..... all the George vs. Billy stuff..... Reggie and Billy fighting in the dugout..... and backup Catcher/pinch hitter Cliff Johnson body-slamming closer Goose Gossage in the locker room, dislocating Gossage's throwing shoulder . Those were big-time CONTROVERSIAL stories. This year's stuff is about the same as last year's.... and the year before.... and the year before......

                  Most of the stuff you're trying to make a big deal out of is laughable. I wasn't trying to dig up dirt on boston. What am I, a politician?? No. The fact remains that my team has finished ahead of your team for 11 out of the past 12 seasons. Combine that with boston's 3rd place finish last season, and all that remains is:

                  A. "We were better than the Orioles and D-Rays!!!"

                  or

                  B. "A-Rod and Jeter aren't best friends!!!"


                  Dig up your dirt.... I'll continue to tell the real story and show the big picture.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                  R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by keithbishop


                    Dig up your dirt.... I'll continue to tell the real story and show the big picture.
                    Now how much fun would a Yankees/Red Sox rivalry be if we spent all of our time playing nice in the sandbox.

                    BTW, isn't it time that Jeter display some of his captain leadership and admit it's time that he play third base and A-Rod move to short?

                    Why is he being so selfish?


                    Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                      Now how much fun would a Yankees/Red Sox rivalry be if we spent all of our time playing nice in the sandbox.

                      BTW, isn't it time that Jeter display some of his captain leadership and admit it's time that he play third base and A-Rod move to short?

                      Why is he being so selfish?
                      NO!!!!! That would suck. I love the sound of smack in the air this time of year, don't you??

                      Hey..... I've got some dirt for you involving A-Rod and Jeter. Jeter first...... he crushed the fake news story of the big feud, then........ (quoting Peter Abraham's blog):

                      After we got done asking Derek Jeter about A-Rod, he stood up.

                      “How come nobody asked me about the new hats?” he said.

                      OK, so what about the hats?

                      “They’re terrible!”

                      Then he jogged off.


                      Tomorrow's headline:

                      JETER NO LONGER WANTS TO WEAR YANKEES GEAR!!! TRADE FORTHCOMING????



                      A-Rod:


                      A-Rod has dropped 12 pounds and looked far more limber in the field.


                      Tomorrow's headline:

                      A-Rod loses 12 pounds. Moving to SS to facilitate Jeter trade??


                      Happy to be of service.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                      Comment


                      • I'm going to the Spring Training game March 23rd! Autograph frenzy.
                        Last edited by LiquidBlue; 02-21-2007, 10:02 AM.

                        Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                        -Kobe Bryant-

                        Comment


                        • I know the reaction is only going to be "It's just Manny being Manny.... he's so silly.", but it's keeping me entertained.

                          http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...t_nj_car_show/

                          Can you imagine the headlines if this were A-Rod instead of Manny??

                          Just glad to see all is well for TEAM UNITY (plus Manny). :clap: :clap:

                          Nothing to report from Team Chaos, I'm afraid. Everyone's in camp busting their ass. I'll make up some dirt on Team Chaos for you guys later today if nothing else pops up.











                          Edit :

                          Back to Team Chaos, there was :

                          1. Sheff Rips Joe Torre ,
                          but all Torre did was thank Sheff for his time in New York and wish him luck with the Tigers. BO-RING, Joe :nono: .... WE NEED CHAOS.... stop being classy, damn it!!! Sheff's not one to bash..... his..... former...... never mind.... I guess that isn't news after all.

                          and

                          2. (I'm not making either story up, by the way....and this one is hilarious)
                          Bubba Crosby Rips Yankees
                          Apparently a lack of playing time prevented Bubba from being a star with the Yankees. Yeah, he should have been handed the CF job instead of signing Damon. Torre wasn't even asked to comment on that one.

                          Sorry, guys..... I'll try to come up with something better.
                          Last edited by keithbishop; 02-22-2007, 03:53 AM.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by keithbishop
                            I know the reaction is only going to be "It's just Manny being Manny.... he's so silly.", but it's keeping me entertained.

                            http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...t_nj_car_show/.
                            Manny's agent has adamantly denied he will be at the auction. He's tending to his sick mommy. He's such a good boy.

                            Originally posted by keithbishop
                            Sheff Rips Joe Torre ,
                            but all Torre did was thank Sheff for his time in New York and wish him luck with the Tigers. BO-RING, Joe :nono: .... WE NEED CHAOS.... stop being classy, damn it!!! Sheff's not one to bash..... his..... former...... never mind.... I guess that isn't news after all.
                            You forgot to mention that he also took a swipe at his former teammates for lack of effort and intensity in last year's series against Detriot.


                            Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
                              Manny's agent has adamantly denied he will be at the auction. He's tending to his sick mommy. He's such a good boy.

                              You forgot to mention that he also took a swipe at his former teammates for lack of effort and intensity in last year's series against Detriot.
                              Odd that Manny's agent didn't say why Manny was scheduled to be there to begin with. Like I said, just Manny being Manny.... no big deal.

                              Ahhh.... Sheff. He forgot to mention that he SUCKED in the series vs. Detroit. It's so strange to see Sheff take shots at his former team . Torre showed nothing but class in his response to Sheff.... but that doesn't make a good story.


                              Double standard check:

                              With everything said about Mariano Rivera still fresh in my mind, what's your take on this (From Peter Abraham's blog):

                              "Huge clown Red Sox right-hander Curt Schilling told a Boston radio station this morning that he plans to file for free agency after the season. Theo Epstein has decided not to offer him a contract extension until after the season.

                              Schilling said he was disappointed and planned to test the market for the first time in his career. "


                              Also keep Schilling's recent comments about using other teams to drive up boston's price, etc. I don't really care, but just wanted to see if this qualifies as controversy like Mo's "story".
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                              R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                              Comment


                              • http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/

                                NO!!!!!!!!!
                                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X