No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the latest spring training updates from the Red Sox and Yankees camps:

Update from Camp Cool

Manny Ramirez introduced himself to Japanese hurlers Hideki Okajima and Daisuke Matsuzaka by giving them the customary Japanese bow. Everybody laughed and had a great time.

Update from Camp Casualty

Bobby Abreau, Carl Pavano, Brian Bruney and Humberto Sanchez are already banged and battered. Carl Pavano admitted he didn't try hard enough to return from the DL. George Steinbrener was heard muttering that his team did not have the mental or physical toughness to compete against those cool cats up in Boston.

More updates as they become available....

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
      Here's the latest spring training updates from the Red Sox and Yankees camps:

Update from Camp Cool

Manny Ramirez introduced himself to Japanese hurlers Hideki Okajima and Daisuke Matsuzaka by giving them the customary Japanese bow. Everybody laughed and had a great time.

Bobby Abreau, Carl Pavano, Brian Bruney and Humberto Sanchez are already banged and battered. Carl Pavano admitted he didn't try hard enough to return from the DL. George Steinbrener was heard muttering that his team did not have the mental or physical toughness to compete against those cool cats up in Boston.

More updates as they become available....

Don't forget that Yogi Berra arrived in Yankees camp today. Torre was furious that Berra (who he DESPISES) was brought in..... and resigned. News conference at Noon ET tomorrow to announce Berra as the Yankees new manager. Word is that, in order to save $$, Berra will fire the entire coaching staff and do everything but the duties of the Pitching coach. Steinbrenner will assume those duties.

The Yankees did a good job of covering this up, but Brian Cashman was fired in July of 2005. A look-alike has been serving as GM since then.

It gets worse by the day.

Bad news.... Pavano is fine. Threw a side session today.... will throw a BP session Thursday and start Sunday's game. Bruney will be ready to go by Thursday at the latest. Sanchez will be shut down for a couple of days (though tests came out fine today). Abreu will be out 2-3 weeks, but ready well before the regular season opener.

If you need my help, I can report the red sox injuries, which I was aware of last week, but haven't seen reported here (remember that Abreu is the Yankees only serious injury.... so fair is fair, right?? ). Strange..... it's almost like you're holding out on us.

Craig Hansen (back injury)..... Adam Bernero..... there have been others (Mike Timlin, etc.) any of these names ring a bell?? I'm always willing to help if needed.
      Last edited by keithbishop; 02-27-2007, 07:05 PM.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:

Pedro Martinez and the red sox could not agree to a deal and he will play with the mets this year.

Oh wait....
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
          BREAKING NEWS:

Pedro Martinez and the red sox could not agree to a deal and he will play with the mets this year.

Oh wait....
          That one was just stupid.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Carl Pavano admitted he didn't try hard enough to return from the DL.
            Props on breaking that story

Yankees fans have only known that for 18 months (though his elbow surgery in 2006 was legit.... that's the type of injury that tends to prevent pitchers from doing their job). Pavano tanked it in 2005 and 2006. The fact that he admitted to it is OK, if no big deal.... admitting to it changes nothing.

Now if only Manny would admit to tanking it in late 2006 ("Ow.... my knee" ), we'd have a story, but that was just "Manny being Manny".

Comment

• No spin update:

Humberto Sanchez' injury is more serious than Torre and co. originally thought (though still nothing major). Instead of being shut down for 2-4 days, it will be 10 days.

Sanchez, of course, had as much of a shot of making the Yankees opening day roster as Adam Bernero had of making the red sox opening day roster: none.

Sanchez could have a chance of being a mid-season or September call-up. At the very least, he needs 1/2 of a season at AAA Scranton.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                No spin update:

Humberto Sanchez' injury is more serious than Torre and co. originally thought (though still nothing major). Instead of being shut down for 2-4 days, it will be 10 days.

Sanchez, of course, had as much of a shot of making the Yankees opening day roster as Adam Bernero had of making the red sox opening day roster: none.

Sanchez could have a chance of being a mid-season or September call-up. At the very least, he needs 1/2 of a season at AAA Scranton.
                Why is this "Yankee Talk" in our beloved Red Sox thread?

Breaking news: Torre had Abreau and Sanchez race around the receptionist desk at Tampa General Hospital. Abreau limped one way and Sanchez hobbled the other way. The Yankees players walked out to the main entrance laughing. It was just a prank.

Comment

Why is this "Yankee Talk" in our beloved Red Sox thread?

Breaking news: Torre had Abreau and Sanchez race around the receptionist desk at Tampa General Hospital. Abreau limped one way and Sanchez hobbled the other way. The Yankees players walked out to the main entrance laughing. It was just a prank.

Well..... you know..... since you ....AHEM..... forgot to mention any red sox injuries and all. Sorry if accuracy in reporting throws this thread out of alignment.

Comment

• Schilling talks about the Yankees AGAIN

http://yankees.lohudblogs.com/

Schilling yaps more about the Yankees
                    February 28

"The ever crafty Curt Schilling seems to have come up with a new strategy to try and get the Red Sox to extend his contract.

He keeps talking about how he doesn’t want to play for the Yankees. This, he knows, will be interpreted as he actually does want to play in New York.

Check out these quotes from the huge clown Schilling in the Boston Globe:

“I’m probably one of the worst hated opposing players for their fans. I doubt they’d want me there. It’s got nothing to do with Brian Cashman. I love that guy. And I love Mr. Steinbrenner. But if I went to the Yankees, it would be me walking out of Boston and putting my finger up to the fans.

“I won’t do it. And the dollar value will not tip the scales. If they gave me $25 million to pitch one season in Yankee Stadium, I’d still say no.”

I certainly can’t speak for Brian Cashman. But somehow I don’t think the Yankees would find the idea of signing Schilling appealing for 25 cents. Perhaps he needs to start bringing up the Mets. He’d be a youngster on the staff there."

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
                    Geez, Curt. Put a sock in it will you . Yes, pun intended....sue me .

I have a request for Theo: WILL YOU PLEASE RE-SIGN THAT IDIOT SO HE'LL SHUT UP ABOUT THE YANKEES??

Comment

• Matsuzaka looked terrific against the hard hitting Boston College team today.

"I am not 100 percent satisfied with how I pitched," Matsuzaka said, "but, considering the time of the season, it is OK."

Matsuzaka gave up 0 runs on 1 hit in two innings pitched. He threw 25 pitches, 19 for strikes and looked far more effective than Phillip Hughes who was a little wild in his debut.

More to follow....

Comment

Matsuzaka looked terrific against the hard hitting Boston College team today.

"I am not 100 percent satisfied with how I pitched," Matsuzaka said, "but, considering the time of the season, it is OK."

Matsuzaka gave up 0 runs on 1 hit in two innings pitched. He threw 25 pitches, 19 for strikes and looked far more effective than Phillip Hughes who was a little wild in his debut.

More to follow....
                        NO WAY!!!!

boston College has more offensive talent than the last 3 World Series teams combined.

Update.... I hear the 20-year old Hughes was over-throwing a bit, affecting his location.

He ended his appearance by striking out AL MVP Justin Morneau, but that's child's play. I could strike out Morneau.

Torre said it appeared Hughes had some butterflies..... odd for someone of Hughes' vast experience (He made his AA debut last year....probably behind schedule, anyways). I think his career is over, personally.

Would you be willing to trade Matt Clement for Hughes, $$, and a few more prospects??
                        Last edited by keithbishop; 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Curt Shilling now has his own blog. It's a pretty good read and he's even answering some of the comments. I posted comment # 141 in his 2007 Spring Training blog entry. It will be interesting if he comments on it because I stated my concern with the Red Sox closer situation and their auditioning of potential closers American Idol style.
                          Last edited by PatsCrowEater; 03-08-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• I just heard on the local Sportsradion weei that the Red Sox are going to put Papelbon back into the closers role for the Sox :dance:

this is great news as Sox fans knew how the old bullpen by committe worked out in 2003

RED SOX UPDATE: The Red Sox are expected to announce that Jonathan Papelbon will be named the team's closer after today's game, according to broadcast reports. --Developing

http://www.boston.com/
                            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                              I just heard on the local Sportsradion weei that the Red Sox are going to put Papelbon back into the closers role for the Sox :dance:

this is great news as Sox fans knew how the old bullpen by committe worked out in 2003

RED SOX UPDATE: The Red Sox are expected to announce that Jonathan Papelbon will be named the team's closer after today's game, according to broadcast reports. --Developing

Beat me too it.

I was going to post:

BREAKING NEWS: Papelbon NOT good enough to start, demoted to bullpen.
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco

It must be true. Assistant Manager Curt Schilling already confirmed it on his daily blog.

http://38pitches.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X