X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
    Beat me too it.

I was going to post:

BREAKING NEWS: Papelbon NOT good enough to start, demoted to bullpen.

Do you think Rivera could start?

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue

At this age, not a chance.

Besides, he's always been a far better fit in the bullpen then he would've as a starter.

Aside from the fact that I was making a joke (God forbid someone makes a joke about the Red Sox ) Papelbon was deemed by many to be a temporary closer and that the success he had there will be even greater once he becomes a starter.

That's alright though LB, I can see why that bothered you.
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue

You're wayyy too young to know it, but Rivera began his career as a starter.

And I think the better question is (well, it's been answered) but did anyone ever think that Joel Piniero could close?!?!?!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN

And I think the better question is (well, it's been answered) but did anyone ever think that Joel Piniero could close?!?!?!
          Joel Pinero um........................no. I was handing the division to the yanks with Pinero/Tavarez or a very old Timlin closing.

now I think its really up for grabs IF Papelbon is healthy.,

I as a Sox fan am stil worried about Josh Beckett. He has great stuff but needs to throw his curve over or it will be a 5.00 ERA again with 35 Hrs given up.

The rotation still concerns me with 2 starters over 40. Schilling is good but old and Wake had injuries last year.
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
            Joel Pinero um........................no. I was handing the division to the yanks with Pinero/Tavarez or a very old Timlin closing.

now I think its really up for grabs IF Papelbon is healthy.,

I as a Sox fan am stil worried about Josh Beckett. He has great stuff but needs to throw his curve over or it will be a 5.00 ERA again with 35 Hrs given up.

The rotation still concerns me with 2 starters over 40. Schilling is good but old and Wake had injuries last year.
            Most people are expecting Jon Lester to return in June. I don't think it will take nearly that long. I wouldn't be surprised to see him return in early May and eventually take over the 4th starter spot over Wakefield by July.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN

Yes, indeedy.... I remember that. I think the Yankees made the right move by shifting him to the bullpen.

I thought closer was too important of a position to tinker with.... and felt Papelbon should have remained there. I understood, however, the team's concern with his shoulder.

Pinerarezlin wasn't fooling anyone.... bad idea. To their credit, the sox did attempt to land a closer through trades and FA, but it was a barren market.

Octavio Dotel picked the Royals over boston because he liked KC's chances for a title . Honestly, I have no idea why he picked KC..... I was 95% sure he would sign with boston.

The trade market is a seller's market...... I blame the Mets . I don't really blame the Mets, but there have been a lot of ridiculous trade requests made by the sellers since the Zambrano for Kazmir fiasco. . I'm not making this up...... KC asked for Phil Hughes in exchange for OF Reggie Sanders last summer . I can only imagine the nonsense boston encountered trying to trade for a closer.

Perhaps Hansen will be ready to close by 2008.
              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Haha...did you Yank fans rate this thread?
                Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                  Haha...did you Yank fans rate this thread?
                  No, but we make it worth reading. (Only playing, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                    No, but we make it worth reading. (Only playing, of course).

You can say that again...I had a great anti-Boston smack and I forgot it.
                    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Come on guys, don't let the Sox fall of the first page of threads!

Comment

• Hate to bump this lousy thread, but I had to for this:

A boston writer completely made fun of Schilling and his 38 pitches blog.

Pretty funny read...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...uest_blogs_in/
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Hate to bump this lousy thread, but I had to for this:

A boston writer completely made fun of Schilling and his 38 pitches blog.

Pretty funny read...

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...uest_blogs_in/
                          So Dan Shaughnessy isn't a fan of Schilling??

It doesn't matter..... it isn't like Schilling will fall apart if a writer can't stand him, but it's an entertaining feud.

Comment

• Where have all the sox fans gone?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                              Where have all the sox fans gone?

Back to their hiding places!
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Back to their hiding places!
                                Why would we go to our hiding places with Dice-K Mania going on and all?

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                                -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Working...
                                X