No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go dice-k!!! i hope he torches the yankees!
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by antiwup
      go dice-k!!! i hope he torches the yankees!
      He'll go 18-0 vs. the Yankees this season..... you heard it here 1st.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgFanatic
        Where have all the sox fans gone?
        Where has all the bashing from Yankee fans over the "lack" of our closer gone?

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
          Where has all the bashing from Yankee fans over the "lack" of our closer gone?
          You still don't have a closer!!!!!! Better??

Outside of health concerns, I didn't understand the move of Papelbon to the rotation, at least until another closer was added.

I'm not sure what happened to those health concerns , but wish Papelbon a complete season. I'd rather see the Yankees beat a fully-staffed red sox team.

Comment

• I read that Delcarmen and Hansen were sent to AAA. Any thoughts, PCE??

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
              I read that Delcarmen and Hansen were sent to AAA. Any thoughts, PCE??
              My thoughts are Hansen is overrated and deserved the demotion. Delcarmen is not too bad and should be back rather soon when someone like Kyle Snder stinks up the joint, which I think will be very soon.

I think the Boston Media is overrating this pitching staff. I think their starters are pretty good but do have questions.

Shilling- good but is 40, as you know KB you can lose it at this age, just look at Randy Johnson.

Beckett- Extremely overrated. Until he proves he can at least get his curve over or changeup then the Al will tatoo him for the dingers. A 5.00 ERA is not good for anyone.

Matsusaka- The jury is out on someone who has pitched ZERO Ml innings. He is very talented and should do well but I think there will be a learning curve. I predict 15 or so wins. (he could be Hideki Irabu another Japanese pitcher extremly overhyped and what happened to him)

Wakefield- is also 40. Expect 12-13 wins and 12 losses

5th starter (Snyder/Tavarez) both suck. When Lester comes back this should improve greatly. I hope he gets back very soon as he will be needed IMHO.

The Bullpen

Papelbon is awesome if he is healthy.

JC Romeo i would not trust with a 10 foot pole. Was dreadful last year

Timilin- see above on age in injury. Was good 1st half last year and awful 2nd half.

Donnelly- I think can do very well but is also getting on in years. Probably the 2nd best in the bullpen IMHO

Pinero- Until proven otherwise has trended upwards in the last 3 years in his ERA and is coming off of arm surgery. Has talent but so does Beckett and how did that help him last year.

The other Japanse guy I have no opinion on.

Thier lineup is excellent from 1-5. (Lugo, Youkilis, Manny, Ortiz and Drew)

But Varitek is a catcher who is beatup and never a great hitter anyways

Lowell same think. Horrid 2nd half last year

Crisp to me is not that great anyways. The reason why the Sox got JD drew was to cover for their major screw up of losing Johnny Damon.

Pedrioa has not impressed me at all. I would have kept Loretta who was great last year as well.

I see this team winning about 92-94 games. The Yanks are very good and Toronto is not bad as well.

Remember I live in Boston where ""our team is great and everyone else well you know .........

I still see Det, Chicago WSox and the Yanks as slightly better than the Red Sox as of now.

I just wish they could have traded for another closer and then you put Papelbon (to me their most talent pitcher) in the rotation and the dynamic changes as well.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                My thoughts are Hansen is overrated and deserved the demotion. Delcarmen is not too bad and should be back rather soon when someone like Kyle Snder stinks up the joint, which I think will be very soon.

I think the Boston Media is overrating this pitching staff. I think their starters are pretty good but do have questions.

Shilling- good but is 40, as you know KB you can lose it at this age, just look at Randy Johnson.

Beckett- Extremely overrated. Until he proves he can at least get his curve over or changeup then the Al will tatoo him for the dingers. A 5.00 ERA is not good for anyone.

Matsusaka- The jury is out on someone who has pitched ZERO Ml innings. He is very talented and should do well but I think there will be a learning curve. I predict 15 or so wins. (he could be Hideki Irabu another Japanese pitcher extremly overhyped and what happened to him)

Wakefield- is also 40. Expect 12-13 wins and 12 losses

5th starter (Snyder/Tavarez) both suck. When Lester comes back this should improve greatly. I hope he gets back very soon as he will be needed IMHO.

The Bullpen

Papelbon is awesome if he is healthy.

JC Romeo i would not trust with a 10 foot pole. Was dreadful last year

Timilin- see above on age in injury. Was good 1st half last year and awful 2nd half.

Donnelly- I think can do very well but is also getting on in years. Probably the 2nd best in the bullpen IMHO

Pinero- Until proven otherwise has trended upwards in the last 3 years in his ERA and is coming off of arm surgery. Has talent but so does Beckett and how did that help him last year.

The other Japanse guy I have no opinion on.

Thier lineup is excellent from 1-5. (Lugo, Youkilis, Manny, Ortiz and Drew)

But Varitek is a catcher who is beatup and never a great hitter anyways

Lowell same think. Horrid 2nd half last year

Crisp to me is not that great anyways. The reason why the Sox got JD drew was to cover for their major screw up of losing Johnny Damon.

Pedrioa has not impressed me at all. I would have kept Loretta who was great last year as well.

I see this team winning about 92-94 games. The Yanks are very good and Toronto is not bad as well.

Remember I live in Boston where ""our team is great and everyone else well you know .........

I still see Det, Chicago WSox and the Yanks as slightly better than the Red Sox as of now.

I just wish they could have traded for another closer and then you put Papelbon (to me their most talent pitcher) in the rotation and the dynamic changes as well.

You're going to be kicked out of RSN for a level assessment like that, Med.

Great post.

Hansen and Delcarmen are VERY young, so time is on their side.

The BP is still a huge question mark. I like Donnelly (one of the most underrated moves of the offseason, IMO). The rest (other than Papelbon, of course)..... tough call. IMO, Hansen AND Delcarmen will get their shot at some point.

I expect it to be a tight race this season. Injuries and ineffectiveness always come into play. I'm one of the rare breed that would prefer a Yankees/sox tie for 1st headed into the last week of the season to the sox losing 100 games. If both teams are good , the rivalry only gets stronger.

I like both rotations (though both have question marks).

Schilling can't pitch well forever, but will start out strong. Like Mussina, will be more prone to injury at this point of his career.

Beckett-- Tough to tell. The hype is the same this season as last. He had to be the biggest disappointment among 2006 AL pitchers.

Matsuzaka-- I think he'll do well, but completely ignore the "better than Pedro in his prime" nonsense. He will have to make adjustments.

Wakefield-- Innings eater if healthy. Every team needs innings eaters..... and he'll have his share of good games.

#5 -- Lester will get his shot.

Yankees:
                Wang-- One of the game's best. Not a strikeout artist, but ground outs count the same as K's. I'm looking for him to return in Mid-April instead of Late April, though hamstring injuries can be difficult (so far, so good).

Pettitte-- I'm glad he's back. Tough competitor and innings eater. I would never hesitate to hand him the ball in October.

Moose-- Fun to watch. Appears to have 30 different pitches with all the variations he uses on his curve, etc. Health is a concern at this stage.

Pavano-- 1 win will be more than he had in 2006. I have no idea what to expect.

Igawa-- I like what I've seen, but he scares me a bit. His changeup is his K pitch. I've seen him freeze the likes of Ryan Howard with his high changeup, but worry that, if the hitter is looking for the pitch, it will end up 500 feet from home plate. A work in progress..... Posada likes what he sees. As the #5 starter, he doesn't have to be great. He'll get some wins with our offense, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Keep an eye out for:
                AAA SP Tyler Clippard --Most Major League ready of our pitching prospects. Reminds me of a young Brad Radke (though Clippard throws a bit harder). Doesn't get the recognition he deserves, IMO.

AAA SP Ross Ohlendorf -- Shouldn't take much AAA prep time.

AAA SP Phil Hughes-- Needs at least 1/2 a season in AAA, but look out..... Hughes is the Yankees best pitching prospect since Pettitte and has "Ace" written all over him.

All 3 turned heads earlier in ST..... Torre, Guidry and co. loved what they saw.

I'll listen to Scranton's games when those 3 start.

Comment

• Hate to bump this lousy thread, as it seems all the fans have deserted the disaster of a team the red sox......

But the red sox and their "ace" lost to the Roayls 7-1 today, and schilling got bounced around. Against the royals.

Good luck with the rest of the season sox.
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
                      Hate to bump this lousy thread, as it seems all the fans have deserted the disaster of a team the red sox......

But the red sox and their "ace" lost to the Roayls 7-1 today, and schilling got bounced around. Against the royals.

Good luck with the rest of the season sox.

be nice RYO. :nono:

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                        be nice RYO. :nono:

Sorry Med
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
                          Sorry Med
                          thats okay Med is just bitter because his Hurricanes got elimnated from playoff consideration tonight. they really sucked this year, injuries or not they underacheived big time.

Comment

• Might this cheer you up, Med?? Potential red sox pitcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6zsub-neU

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                              Might this cheer you up, Med?? Potential red sox pitcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6zsub-neU
                              my 5 year old is better than that stiff

Comment

• The Royals just about had last night's game won...... then Odalis Perez threw the 1st pitch.

I didn't get to see all of the game, but the red sox (with 1 exception) looked great last night, unfortunately. 3 errors by Lowell....

Matsuzaka vs. Greinke today...... wonder if the game will get any hype.
                                Last edited by keithbishop; 04-05-2007, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X