No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schill rebounded with a strong performance and Papelbon was lights out once again.

Red Sox pitching has been looking fairly decent thus far.

Meanwhile, the Yankees pitching has been woeful. Can you say "Transition Year?"

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• didnt schill say that this was his last year about a year or so ago? or did he say next year would e his last?

GO SOX!!!!

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
        Schill rebounded with a strong performance and Papelbon was lights out once again.

You're right. I concede the division race .... to Toronto.

Talking smack in April..... when will sox fans learn??
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Schill rebounded with a strong performance and Papelbon was lights out once again.

If our horrendous pitching after the first five games leaves us at 2-3, and your decent pitching thus far leaves you at 3-3, I wouldn't take that as a positive if I were you.

Our pitching, though clearly not dominant, is NOT going to stay this bad, and yours is certainly not going to be much better than it is now.

Considering you're leading us by half a game, I'm thrilled.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop

But kb - they have - Its the ONLY time they CAN talk smack

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
              If our horrendous pitching after the first five games leaves us at 2-3, and your decent pitching thus far leaves you at 3-3, I wouldn't take that as a positive if I were you.

Our pitching, though clearly not dominant, is NOT going to stay this bad, and yours is certainly not going to be much better than it is now.

Considering you're leading us by half a game, I'm thrilled.
              Boston has been on the road so far and NY has played at home.

I wouldn't be too thrilled. The Yanks will be playing plenty of 10-9 games if this keeps up.

Comment

I wouldn't be too thrilled. The Yanks will be playing plenty of 10-9 games if this keeps up.

You should know better than anyone that early winning streaks in the beginning of the season can turn into late losing streaks at the end - I think I'll wait until after the all star break before counting any chickens

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop

Your pitching has been subpar as of late, of course that is helped along very well by injuries in your rotation. Our pitching hasn't exactly been much, maybe average at best overall, and Schilling has been on and off so far so we will see.

Now that I have spoken logically... You guys suck and we are going to win the World Series.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Last year in July when the Sox had around a 5 game lead, Sox fans were telling me how it's their year and there isn't anyway the Yankees can come back.

I simply told them to put their money where there mouth was, and some listened. Those who did made me happy

For some reason, us missing our ace, and the fact that a) Pettitte was recovering from an injury b) Mussina may not have been ready yet, c) It was Igawa's first start, and d) the fact that the Bosox are only up half a game on the Yankees (No one's worried about Toronto or *gasp* tampa bay)...

I'm pretty much completely unworried about how the season will play out.

Would I have preferred to see better pitching thus far? Of course.

Do I think it'll continue the whole season? No way.
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
                      You should know better than anyone that early winning streaks in the beginning of the season can turn into late losing streaks at the end - I think I'll wait until after the all star break before counting any chickens
                      I didn't count any chickens. I simply said the Yankees pitching staff has been woeful and that's an accurate statement.

Comment

I didn't count any chickens. I simply said the Yankees pitching staff has been woeful and that's an accurate statement.

But, if you'd look a little closer, you would be terrified.

The starting pitching may suck, but as you know NONE of them have gone more than 5 innings.

And the bullpen's ERA? It's somewhere around 1.something.

The Bullpen was one of our biggest problems last year...this year, not so much.

Obviously, we don't have the best starting pitching. BUT, we are missing our true ace. Pettitte needs more innings after recovering, and Kei Igawa is clearly no Daisuke, but he's only had one start, give him some time, I'm sure he'll do better. Pavano had just made his first start in years, and who knows about Mussina.

And if all other options fail...we'll bring in some of the top prospects in the minors--our pitching prospects.

You don't need to hear about our offense...it's the only reason we've won two games, but our bullpen's fantastic (Mo has had 18 consecutive scoreless innings going back to last season...hasn't allowed a run since last august), and once the starting pitching turns around....watch out PCE.

I've got to hand it to Papelbon, he was really frustrating to watch yesterday. If he can keep that up---nah I won't think about it.
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I've got to hand it to Papelbon, he was really frustrating to watch yesterday. If he can keep that up---nah I won't think about it.

He did a good job, he was screaming 'goodjob!' to varitek, good pair both of them are. Then again, they were playing the rangers...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgFanatic

He did a good job, he was screaming 'goodjob!' to varitek, good pair both of them are. Then again, they were playing the rangers...

Who they almost got SWEPT by!
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Who they almost got SWEPT by!

The Red Sox made the Royals $55 million dollar man look like their $103 million dollar man...sad
                              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• So why is Schilling graded after 2 starts while Pettitte, for example, is graded after 1??

The Yankees will be fine. Don't read my SWB Yankees notes, sox fans..... scary stuff.
                                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Working...
                                X