No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing comeback for boston today. Baltimore blew a 5-0 lead in the 9th.... 2 errors, including a missed catch by closer Chris Ray that would have given Baltimore a 5-4 win.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Baltimore sucks...way to pull out a win though Sox, nice game
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

• The Yankees lost the first game of their doubleheader against Chicago and are now 17-20.

The beloved Red Sox are playing at an amazing .684 clip and are 26-12.

Let's do some math.

It's unlikely the Sox will continue winning at this pace but I don't see them playing less than .600 ball the rest of the way. Their just too complete. If they play .600 the rest of the way their final regular season record would be 101-61.

In order for the Yanks to tie Boston they would have to play .672 ball the rest of the way. That's very unlikely with their inconsistent SP, hitting and crappy bullpen.

The Yanks are already fighting for a Wildcard spot and may not be good enough to get that.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater
          The Yankees lost the first game of their doubleheader against Chicago and are now 17-20.

The beloved Red Sox are playing at an amazing .684 clip and are 26-12.

Let's do some math.

It's unlikely the Sox will continue winning at this pace but I don't see them playing less than .600 ball the rest of the way. Their just too complete. If they play .600 the rest of the way their final regular season record would be 101-61.

In order for the Yanks to tie Boston they would have to play .672 ball the rest of the way. That's very unlikely with their inconsistent SP, hitting and crappy bullpen.

The Yanks are already fighting for a Wildcard spot and may not be good enough to get that.

Kick 'em when they're down in April/May, but we've seen this before.

You're being foolish if you think the division race is over with 125 games left to play.

It's insane to say a 5.5 game wild card deficit can't be made up in 4.5 MONTHS.

Our rotation has yet to make ONE turn, but that will change soon. If the Yankees have a poor season, I can live with it, but your arrogance is stunning. I would NEVER call a division race before September..... too many things can happen.

Pretend that it's impossible for boston to run into injuries/ineffectiveness....... then think about 2006.

July 16th: .600
          August 16th: .580
          September 16th: .534
          Sept. 31st: .531

OR........ you can think about 2005.

On May 13th, the Yankees were 17-19. the red sox were the defending world champions. On June 13th, the Yankees were 30-32.

Comment

• Hes right PCE. Were only half way through May and to call it over now is just foolish.
            Boston deserves some props for a quick start. With one of the strongest every day line-ups in baseball, and a few starters that havnt done enough (Clemens included) to even be judged YET its far to soon to throw the towel in on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsesense
              Hes right PCE. Were only half way through May and to call it over now is just foolish.
              Boston deserves some props for a quick start. With one of the strongest every day line-ups in baseball, and a few starters that havnt done enough (Clemens included) to even be judged YET its far to soon to throw the towel in on them.
              I'm just saying it's unlikely. Didn't you see the recent poll on nypost.com?

They asked New York readers what the addition of Clemens will mean to the Yanks. Various answers included

1. Win the WS
              2. Go to the WS
              3. Win the ALDS
              4. Go to the ALDS
              5. Win nothing

58% of the respondents replied with Win Nothing.

I guess I'm not the only one who feels it's unlikely the Yanks can't overcome.

BTW, can you guess what my response was?

Comment

• I guess I'm not the only one who feels it's unlikely the Yanks can't overcome.

BTW, can you guess what my response was? [/QUOTE]

I think there are plenty of teams out there you can forget about, but this Yankee team isnt one of them. Too deep.. That being said I woulda felt the same before they re-signed Clemens.
                Im sure you helped pad that 58% figure..

BTW, I like your Moss sig.. :thumb:
                I hope he sucks and causes locker-room cancer and the Pats finish dead last with a 0-16 record but thats for another topic..

Comment

They asked New York readers what the addition of Clemens will mean to the Yanks. Various answers included

1. Win the WS
                  2. Go to the WS
                  3. Win the ALDS
                  4. Go to the ALDS
                  5. Win nothing

I knew you were trying to help, but you didn't have to go ahead and say we'd win the ws.

Anyway, I'd say about 50% of Yankee fans (And about 45% of Patriots fans) are bandwagon fans/fair-weather-fans.

At 17-20, they're easily ready to jump off the bandwagon, or be quick to criticize.

While I'm willing to sacrifice this year for the next 5, I wouldn't rule out the division or even the world series going to the Yankees until they're this far back in July.

In other words, let's see how these next 30-45 days play out, and then, I too will say the Yankees don't have a shot.

But for the Yankees so far, in my opinion, the biggest problem has been this offense, believe it or not.

The pitching in the past week has been more than acceptable. The offense is TOO streaky.

3 guys this year have stood out on O.

Of those three, 2 of them have been consistently productive the whole season.

The three are A-Rod, Posada, and Jeter.

The two are Posada and Jeter.

If Posada doesn't lead the league in doubles, he's got to be in the top 3, not to mention this aging catcher is, I believe, leading the AL in batting.

Jeter's batting over .370, and has only not recorded a hit in TWO games this year.

If they rest of the O can be a little more consistent, the Yankees will be dangerous.
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

1. Win the WS
                    2. Go to the WS
                    3. Win the ALDS
                    4. Go to the ALDS
                    5. Win nothing

The NY Post blows (read it here 1st). Mets fans weren't allowed to vote, right??

Giving up in May is ridiculous.

You're FAR too smart to view Clemens as any kind of saviour..... as am I. That being said, you're also far too smart to say Clemens can't be a strong #4 starter.

" I'm not the only one who feels it's unlikely the Yanks can't overcome. "

Sure..... I agree it is unlikely the Yankees CAN'T overcome. When the dust settles, I believe they'll be in the playoffs.

(I know what you meant, but had to give you crap about that line ).

Besides....I should get a pass tonight. Just got home from the emergency room..... passed a kidney stone (lucky me, it was my 2nd). No..... it wasn't fun.
                    Last edited by keithbishop; 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                      The NY Post blows (read it here 1st). Mets fans weren't allowed to vote, right??

Giving up in May is ridiculous.

You're FAR too smart to view Clemens as any kind of saviour..... as am I. That being said, you're also far too smart to say Clemens can't be a strong #4 starter.

" I'm not the only one who feels it's unlikely the Yanks can't overcome. "

Sure..... I agree it is unlikely the Yankees CAN'T overcome. When the dust settles, I believe they'll be in the playoffs.

(I know what you meant, but had to give you crap about that line ).

Besides....I should get a pass tonight. Just got home from the emergency room..... passed a kidney stone (lucky me, it was my 2nd). No..... it wasn't fun.

Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Andruw Jones got the PLATINUM sombrero today. 5 strikeouts!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                          Andruw Jones got the PLATINUM sombrero today. 5 strikeouts!!!

Amazing. boston is cruising.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                            Amazing. boston is cruising.
                            The Hideki Okajima story is almost too good to be true at this point.

After a lackluster Spring Training, he threw his first MLB pitch for a HR but he's been lights out since. He hasn't given up a run since opening day, has appeared in 20 games, pitched 21 innings, has only 4 BB and 20 SO's and a 0.42 ERA.

He's becoming one of the best set-up men in baseball and will likely play a key role in the series against NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
                              Andruw Jones got the PLATINUM sombrero today. 5 strikeouts!!!
                              I thought only Rob Deer, Jose Hernandez and Dave Kingman had the capability to strikeout 5 times in a game
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• What an impressive pitching performance last night in Double AA Trenton! This guy is gonna be a difference-maker when the parent club feels he's ready to join the bigs.

That's right. I'm talking about the Red Sox' prized prospect Clay Buchholz. Clay worked six innings on seven hits, two runs, no walks and seven strikeouts. His fastball topped out at 95 mph and he displayed his dazzling "Josh Beckettesque" curveball.

Scouts that attended the game were far more impressed with Buchholz than his opponent Roger Clemens. As one American League scout said following the game, “I would have more confidence in this kid (Buchholz) starting a major league game tomorrow than the other guy (Clemens)...”

Comment

Working...
                                X