No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats tonight, Sox. This was the only game I rooted heavily for a Sox player.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
      Congrats tonight, Sox. This was the only game I rooted heavily for a Sox player.

Aww you done crossed the line with me now - shame on you :nono: (I have no idea who you were rooting for and why but STILL)

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
        Aww you done crossed the line with me now - shame on you :nono: (I have no idea who you were rooting for and why but STILL)
        Jon Lester making his first major league start since he was diagnosed with cancer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest
          Jon Lester making his first major league start since he was diagnosed with cancer.

Well I will have to give him a pass on this one - but he is still a raiders fan

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
            Congrats tonight, Sox. This was the only game I rooted heavily for a Sox player.
            Same here. Good job, Lester!!
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Clutch win Boston! Dice-K was beastly tonight!

Comment

• Manny has homered TWICE tonight! Dude has been on FIRE since the all star break! I'm glad to see him back on track!

Comment

• Well, here we are - trade deadline deal.

The Sox are still actively pursuing Jermaine Dye who would provide excellent right-handed power and provide insurance for injuries. The Sox have to make this deal.

There's also reports the Rangers are talking to Gagne about an extension. Sorry Bombers.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Yes, Jermaine Dye would be an excellent acquisition! Pair that with Schilling's eminent return, and I think we will be well on our way to finishing up with the best record in the AL.

Comment

• ESPNEWS just reported that the Red Sox are close to a deal to get Eric Gagne!!! (if he OK's deal) :shake: :shake: :shake: He has always been one of my favorite players! They say pitching wins championships and with Schill coming back and Gagne coming in, our pitching will be SICK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                        Well, here we are - trade deadline deal.

The Sox are still actively pursuing Jermaine Dye who would provide excellent right-handed power and provide insurance for injuries. The Sox have to make this deal.

There's also reports the Rangers are talking to Gagne about an extension. Sorry Bombers.
                        Nothing to be sorry for. Texas insisted on either Joba Chamberlain or Melky Cabrera for Gagne. Though that [email protected]# Steve Phillips said he'd have traded Melky for 2 months of Gagne..... I say it's just another example of why the Mets fired him.

That being said, boston made a good deal for Gagne, who will be an upgrade for an already strong back of the pen.
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post

That being said, boston made a good deal for Gagne, who will be an upgrade for an already strong back of the pen.
                          I liked lefty Kason Gabbard but you have to give something to get something.

The acquisition of Gagne probably means the Sox know that Donnely and Timlin are probably done for the year or they don't expect much given their injuries.

Gagne provides excellent insurance in case Pap or Okie gets hurt.

Comment

The acquisition of Gagne probably means the Sox know that Donnely and Timlin are probably done for the year or they don't expect much given their injuries.

This also means that we can slowly work Schilling back. Just let him go 6 innings then let Okie, Gagne, and Paps take the last 3 innings. I am very excited about the rest of this season!

Comment

i'm really surprised they gave up gabbard for a guy who just recently missed over a season of baseball, but gagne has huge upside and he's closer to his hometown of montreal!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Just read that Donelly is scheduled to have Tommy John and won't be ready till sometime in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X