No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Number is now 22 with the Buchholz no-hitter.

Comment

• Joba's mowing em down in the Bronx. Bucholtz makes history in Beantown. Who are the other teams in our division again?

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Joba's mowing em down in the Bronx. Bucholtz makes history in Beantown. Who are the other teams in our division again?
        Maybe if they combined three teams and made the Baltimore Devil Jays they would have a chance at upsetting the Yanks or Sox!

Comment

• Congrats to Clay.

I was pissed y'all didn't trade him.

But a great start to his career.

Magic Number at 22 and Boston and the Yanks would both be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

Comment

• Kid's got a bright future.

AL East lead is still 5 though...and I believe we have either 3 or 4 more games against you this year.

GO YANKEES
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
              Kid's got a bright future.

AL East lead is still 5 though...and I believe we have either 3 or 4 more games against you this year.

GO YANKEES
              Yea we have 3 more so we will finish the season 2 behind Boston since they have such an easy schedule and will go undefeated the rest of the way except when they play us.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                Yea we have 3 more so we will finish the season 2 behind Boston since they have such an easy schedule and will go undefeated the rest of the way except when they play us.

That means we finish the season without losing another game.

Pardon me for thinking otherwise, but....
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                  That means we finish the season without losing another game.

Pardon me for thinking otherwise, but....
                  Yea I know. It kind of sucks how we can win the rest of the games this year and Still not win the division.

Comment

• Comment

• Great day today Boston fans.
                      Magic Number is 20 and Boston has a 6 game lead.

Comment

• Anyone see Daniel Cabrera pull a Joba Chamberlain last night? I'm getting very pissed at these hot-headed flame throwers deliberately throwing at the heads of Red Sox players. This is ridiculous!

I hope MLB sends a message and suspends Cabrera for at least one start.

In other news, let's hope Clemen's continues to heal and have his next start at Fenway.

Something tells me it won't be his last start at Fenway ever again. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in October.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                          Anyone see Daniel Cabrera pull a Joba Chamberlain last night? I'm getting very pissed at these hot-headed flame throwers deliberately throwing at the heads of Red Sox players. This is ridiculous!

I hope MLB sends a message and suspends Cabrera for at least one start.

In other news, let's hope Clemen's continues to heal and have his next start at Fenway.

Something tells me it won't be his last start at Fenway ever again. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in October.
                          "Pull a Joba Chamberlain" ? No. Cabrera hasn't gone 11 games without allowing a run.

Keep crying, but I bet you shed no tears when Yankees 1B Andy Phillips suffered a broken wrist after being hit by a pitch. Being within a foot of being HBP is worse than a season-ending injury.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                            "Pull a Joba Chamberlain" ? No. Cabrera hasn't gone 11 games without allowing a run.

Keep crying, but I bet you shed no tears when Yankees 1B Andy Phillips suffered a broken wrist after being hit by a pitch. Being within a foot of being HBP is worse than a season-ending injury.
                            I can't disagree more. Chamberlain and Cabrera were going after HEADS! They could kill someone or finish off their careers in one single pitch.

See Zimmer and Tony C.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                              I can't disagree more. Chamberlain and Cabrera were going after HEADS! They could kill someone or finish off their careers in one single pitch.

See Zimmer and Tony C.
                              Comparing Joba to Zimmer's situation? No. Zimmer was hit. Joba gets disciplined despite not receiving a warning in the game (explain that one, please) and you still gripe about him? Joba's pitches were nowhere near hitting anyone. Joba wasn't trying to kill anyone.

I knew you'd take that stance. A real injury is nothing, but get within a foot of my guy and...... whatever.

Were Cabrera's pitches (or pitch) close? Joba's weren't.

Was Joba's discipline not enough, or do you want him banned for life?
                              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                                Comparing Joba to Zimmer's situation? No. Zimmer was hit. Joba gets disciplined despite not receiving a warning in the game (explain that one, please) and you still gripe about him? Joba's pitches were nowhere near hitting anyone. Joba wasn't trying to kill anyone.

I knew you'd take that stance. A real injury is nothing, but get within a foot of my guy and...... whatever.

Were Cabrera's pitches (or pitch) close? Joba's weren't.

Was Joba's discipline not enough, or do you want him banned for life?
                                I'll paraphrase Terry Francona's comments after the game "If that young man was trying to get our attention he certainly suceeded."

Also, your favorite blabbermouth Curt Shilling said he's never saw any pitcher throw two consecutive pitches at another players head.

Crew chief Derryl Cousins said. "Those were two pretty nasty pitches the young man threw."

and Bob Watson cited Chamberlain for "inappropriate actions."

I take it you agree with Chamberlain that he just "slipped" with his grip on those two pitches, huh?

So much for the Yanks being a classy organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X