Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
    I'll paraphrase Terry Francona's comments after the game "If that young man was trying to get our attention he certainly suceeded."

    Also, your favorite blabbermouth Curt Shilling said he's never saw any pitcher throw two consecutive pitches at another players head.

    Crew chief Derryl Cousins said. "Those were two pretty nasty pitches the young man threw."


    and Bob Watson cited Chamberlain for "inappropriate actions."

    I take it you agree with Chamberlain that he just "slipped" with his grip on those two pitches, huh?

    So much for the Yanks being a classy organization.
    Nope. I take it you didn't read my response after the reaction. Never said he "slipped", now, did I? Of course the pitcher will say something like that. When has one ever said "Yeah, I did it on purpose" ? Pedro?? Clemens?? Schilling??

    Chamberlain was disciplined. I'm taking it Cabrera wasn't. My question remains: Was Joba's discipline not enough, or do you want him banned for life?

    My take:

    He was tossed from the game. Understood.

    He was suspended and fined. No warning, no hit batter..... not understood, but accepted without complaint.


    Are you saying MLB DIDN'T handle the situation properly? If not, why compare the disciplined player (Chamberlain) to the undisciplined player (Cabrera). What exactly did Chamberlain "get away with"?? Nothing, of course. He was dealt with. You're still griping about Joba because.........

    Please don't use "Schilling" and "class" in the same post. I would have preferred it if Joba had just drillied Youkilis, though I wouldn't expect him to pull a "Schilling" by blaming the batter.

    Didn't Youkilis get hit by 2 pitchers the very next day ? Where was the discipline? I'd rather see some consitency. Joba was disciplined, so let the same happen to the others.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 09-08-2007, 11:25 AM.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

    Comment


    • I didn't see Joba's intent. 5-0 lead 9th inning.... perhaps he was sending a message (in the wrong way) for something?? Possibly. I can't rule that out.

      Cabrera's intent, however, was quite clear.

      I still don't see what there is to gripe about in Joba's situation after he was disciplined.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
        I didn't see Joba's intent. 5-0 lead 9th inning.... perhaps he was sending a message (in the wrong way) for something?? Possibly. I can't rule that out.

        Cabrera's intent, however, was quite clear.

        I still don't see what there is to gripe about in Joba's situation after he was disciplined.
        I'm griping because he threw at the head w/ a fastball two times in a row!

        I'm happy with the discipline he received. I never said I think he should be banned for life. That's just you putting words in other people's mouths again.

        However, the O's manager was quick to mention after the game that he's happy Pedroia wasn't hurt. I don't recall ever hearing that from Torre.

        Anyway, I understand you're in KC and have tickets to the game. I'm sure you're having a great weekend and hope the game turns out exactly as you hope.


        Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
          I'm griping because he threw at the head w/ a fastball two times in a row!

          I'm happy with the discipline he received. I never said I think he should be banned for life. That's just you putting words in other people's mouths again.

          However, the O's manager was quick to mention after the game that he's happy Pedroia wasn't hurt. I don't recall ever hearing that from Torre.

          Anyway, I understand you're in KC and have tickets to the game. I'm sure you're having a great weekend and hope the game turns out exactly as you hope.
          KB putting words in someone's mouth!

          Say it isn't so!


          Comment


          • Speaking of putting words in your mouth...what was that you said about Matsusaka being an absolutely terrible signing?

            About him throwing too much this year and in the past?

            And about his arm falling off?

            That move might go down as worse than the Pavano signing if he keeps this up...I really don't think his arm's going to last much longer.
            Administrator

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
              Speaking of putting words in your mouth...what was that you said about Matsusaka being an absolutely terrible signing?

              About him throwing too much this year and in the past?

              And about his arm falling off?

              That move might go down as worse than the Pavano signing if he keeps this up...I really don't think his arm's going to last much longer.
              He just needs six days rest at this point in the season.

              Anyhoots, Buchholz will be our 4th starter in the postseason. Dice-K will be in the Pen.

              That's how I see it.


              Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                He just needs six days rest at this point in the season.

                Anyhoots, Buchholz will be our 4th starter in the postseason. Dice-K will be in the Pen.

                That's how I see it.
                That would be the smartest move for the Sox in my opinion.

                So of course I'm hoping they keep him in the rotation, which they probably will
                Administrator

                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                  I'm griping because he threw at the head w/ a fastball two times in a row!

                  I'm happy with the discipline he received. I never said I think he should be banned for life. That's just you putting words in other people's mouths again.

                  However, the O's manager was quick to mention after the game that he's happy Pedroia wasn't hurt. I don't recall ever hearing that from Torre.

                  Anyway, I understand you're in KC and have tickets to the game. I'm sure you're having a great weekend and hope the game turns out exactly as you hope.
                  I'm the VENTRILOQUIST, after all! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

                  Had the situations been the same (they weren't), perhaps Torre would have said something. I re-watched both incidents today and saw 1..... yes, 1.... close pitch: the one from Cabrera. Cabrera's intent was obvious. What was Joba's intent? You can guess, but you can't know .... the same applies to me. It appears that Joba went about sending a message the wrong way. The VERY close pitch thrown behind Pedroia, OTOH, looks like an attempt to injure. The aftermath of the incidents were just a bit different, weren't they? We both saw Cabrera AND Joba after the incidents.... Joba wanted to hurt someone? No. Cabrera did. The 2 are not the same. Cabrera looks like he'll hit someone from boston the next chance he gets, didn't he?

                  Thank you for the last paragraph. My son and nephews are making signs now. The weekend (Michigan) isn't (Wolverines) quite (suck) going perfectly. We're going early tomorrow to get in as soon as the gates are opened. Great seats behind home plate.... something Jerry won't ever forget.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                  R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                    KB putting words in someone's mouth!

                    Say it isn't so!
                    Yeah. I only put words in YOUR mouth, Bailey. Tell PCE to back the hell off.... and don't worry, you're still my dummy.
                    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                    Comment


                    • @ this thread finally getting some action.

                      I dont think Joba would try to hit Youk. If he wanted to hit Youk I'm certain that he could. He has good location. But I dont think the ball slipped away from him twice. Its hard to believe he would do that. But I dont think he tried to hit him in the head. It was a 1-1 count. Why would he pick the middle of the count to do that in? But for as many times as Boston players hit us we could hit them for the next 5 years and still not be equal.

                      But no harm was done to any Boston players so I dont get what the big deal is about??

                      Youk got what he deserved.

                      People get what they deserve.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                        Yeah. I only put words in YOUR mouth, Bailey. Tell PCE to back the hell off.... and don't worry, you're still my dummy.
                        K, just making sure!


                        Comment


                        • Oh, and now that it's football season, KB and JC4MVP yall rock!

                          And PCE is a LOOOOOSEEEEER!!!


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                            Oh, and now that it's football season, KB and JC4MVP yall rock!

                            And PCE is a LOOOOOSEEEEER!!!


                            Yea isnt that wierd? We will actually be on the same side now.

                            Comment


                            • From 7 runs down to 7 runs up in the blink of an eye.

                              Scoreboard watching must have been very painful for the Yanks last night.


                              Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post


                                Yea isnt that wierd? We will actually be on the same side now.

                                Very cool, though.
                                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X