No announcement yet.

Red Sox Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last nights ump was squeezin both pitchers. I thought the game was called fair. The base running blunder by Ortiz turned out to be big, and Veriteks homer was about 3 innings too late. I still see the Sox winning in 7, even though NOBODY had the Indians/Rockies in the WS in april except maybe snapping turtle (congrtas btw), and a poor Browns fan or two..

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't really have a problem with the umps last night. I had more of a problem with our offense's sudden inability to hit the ball out of the outfield.

Comment

• This series is going 7 games. Bank on it..

Comment

• Go get 'em tonight Wake!

I'm not happy with the fact that he's starting but it's not his fault his manager is an idiot! Go out there and prove me wrong Wake!

Comment

• I'm only going to blame half of this on Francona. The other half goes to our terrible, no-good, choking offense. These last 3 games have been a joke.

Unfortunately though, Wake proved me right. Francona is an idiot who has no idea how to manage a pitching staff. First, he switches Dice-K and Schilling in the order, despite them having success throughout the season and in the first round with Dice-K ahead of Schilling. Then he inexplicably puts GAGne out there in the 11th inning of game 2. Then facing a possible 3-1 deficit, he pitches Wake, who is coming off injury, over Beckett who is pure money in the playoffs. Now, assuming Cleveland hangs on, we are in deep doo-doo.

Comment

• Thanks for coming Boston, see you next year.
              sigpic

Comment

• Cleveland in 5? Maybe.
                sigpic

Comment

• Just wondering if sox fans are going to defend Manny's bush league celebration of a meaningless HR. Did he think it was a walkoff shot? BOO!!!!!!

In better news, Game 5 should be outstanding.
                  My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Calm down guys.
                    Its still far from over.

I'm sure you were mad being down 3-0 vs the Yankees too.
                    If you were even a fan back then.

And yea Josh could start on short rest but you act like he is an automatic W.
                    IF he is an automatic W then the series is obviously going back to Boston.

But suppose he had a bad start on game 4? Then he isn't going in game 5 and you lose. Then there is no Game 7. Just like Lou taking Z out early because he was saving him for game 4. There was no game 4.

The worst move Francona made was switching Curt with Dice IMO.
                    oh well.
                    The fans dont manage the Team.
                    Terry knows how to manage a team down 3-0 or 3-1.

But maybe the Indians are a good team? Ever think of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                      Just wondering if sox fans are going to defend Manny's bush league celebration of a meaningless HR. Did he think it was a walkoff shot? BOO!!!!!!

Manny's in a world of his own. Everyone knows that.

That's why pitchers don't retaliate against him. Manny doesn't know any better.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                        Calm down guys.
                        Its still far from over.

I'm sure you were mad being down 3-0 vs the Yankees too.
                        If you were even a fan back then.

And yea Josh could start on short rest but you act like he is an automatic W.
                        IF he is an automatic W then the series is obviously going back to Boston.

But suppose he had a bad start on game 4? Then he isn't going in game 5 and you lose. Then there is no Game 7. Just like Lou taking Z out early because he was saving him for game 4. There was no game 4.

The worst move Francona made was switching Curt with Dice IMO.
                        oh well.
                        The fans dont manage the Team.
                        Terry knows how to manage a team down 3-0 or 3-1.

But maybe the Indians are a good team? Ever think of that?
                        Beckett has proved in the past that he can pitch well on short rest. You should know that being a Yankees fan! I can guarantee you that Beckett wouldn't have given up close to 7 runs last night. Francona has just made bad move after bad move in this series. As for the Indians, yes they are a good team but our 1-2, and 6-9 hitters have made their pitchers look alot better than they really are. People can bring up the 04 ALCS but this just doesn't look like the same type of team we had back then. The 04 team was always upbeat, crazy, and never lost hope. This team, other than Manny and Papi, really doesn't seem to have the same emotion and swagger as the 04 team had. (and yes Jay, contrary to your belief, I was still a Sox fan back then) Now I haven't lost all hope, I think they can come back in this series, it just doesn't look like they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                          Manny's in a world of his own. Everyone knows that.

That's why pitchers don't retaliate against him. Manny doesn't know any better.
                          Of course he knows better.

"Manny being Manny" and "Manny's in a world of his own" are euphemisms for Manny doesn't have an ounce of class. Other players get attacked, Manny gets a pass. Unbelievable.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop View Post
                            Of course he knows better.

"Manny being Manny" and "Manny's in a world of his own" are euphemisms for Manny doesn't have an ounce of class. Other players get attacked, Manny gets a pass. Unbelievable.
                            Keith, most opposing players don't seem to have a problem with it, I not sure why you do. I think you're just mad because people pick on you boy A-Rod and not Manny. I think Manny does what he does just to try to be funny. He doesn't mean any harm by any of the stuff he does. I mean seriously, what's the worst thing he's done? Go into the wall between innings? Celebrate a HR? None of that actually affects the game like when A-Rod slaps balls out of people's hands and tries to distract infielders while running the bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                              Keith, most opposing players don't seem to have a problem with it, I not sure why you do. I think you're just mad because people pick on you boy A-Rod and not Manny. I think Manny does what he does just to try to be funny. He doesn't mean any harm by any of the stuff he does. I mean seriously, what's the worst thing he's done? Go into the wall between innings? Celebrate a HR? None of that actually affects the game like when A-Rod slaps balls out of people's hands and tries to distract infielders while running the bases.
                              I totally agree. And KB saying Manny doesn't have an ounce of class is way over the top.

You saw that every time Manny gets on base in the ALCS he is joking around and talking with the Cleveland infielders. If Manny truly didn't have an "ounce of class" then the Indians wouldn't be having fun with him.

A-Rod doesn't joke around with opposing players because nobody likes him and he has zero personality.

Manny is a likable guy and that pisses the hell out of KB.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                                I totally agree. And KB saying Manny doesn't have an ounce of class is way over the top.

You saw that every time Manny gets on base in the ALCS he is joking around and talking with the Cleveland infielders. If Manny truly didn't have an "ounce of class" then the Indians wouldn't be having fun with him.

A-Rod doesn't joke around with opposing players because nobody likes him and he has zero personality.

Manny is a likable guy and that pisses the hell out of KB.
                                Manny is far from my favorite
                                but I cant stand
                                Arod for a sense that he wants $33 million. What $25 million is not enough for your 1 HR in the Playoffs in 58 AB.. Jim Leyriz (sp) was more clutch that Arod ever was.. Maybe he should get some lessons from Scott Brosious on how not to choke in the playoffs. ARod the Dan Marino of baseball players.
                                NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Working...
                                X