X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Southstander
    King of Anvilania
    • Jun 2005

snake once again your lack of reading skills reaches a new low. In my post I was talking about MY view on the game not YOURS!!! I was not in any way trying to rebuff your post.

NOW I AM TALKING ABOUT YOUR POST

You are correct, about the Ump being part of the problem. Another part of our problem on Wednesday is the fact the the 7, 8, 9 slot where held did not get a hit. You can not have three batters in a row that do not get a hit. It makes it much harder to win. Jacoby also did not get a hit that was four outs in a row each time Lowell got to the plate.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• #1snake_fan
      Banned User
      • Dec 2008

i agree i don't really care of Jacoby Ellsbury i mean he's got good speed but his offense is something to be desired.

he did alright in the 2007 ALCS and World Series but other then that he's really done nothing.

i wonder if Boston made the right move in trading CoCo

i know it's early in the year buti already don't like what i see from Ellsbury

46 < 10

Comment

• Apoc13
        Cautiously optimistic
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
        i agree i don't really care of Jacoby Ellsbury i mean he's got good speed but his offense is something to be desired.

he did alright in the 2007 ALCS and World Series but other then that he's really done nothing.

i wonder if Boston made the right move in trading CoCo

i know it's early in the year buti already don't like what i see from Ellsbury

46 < 10
        ellsbury, last year in his rookie season, batted .280, stole 50 bases, scored 100 runs, was the first rookie outfielder in history to play as many games as he did and not commit an error all season and finished 3rd in the rookie of the year voting....what is it you're expecting of the kid?

Comment

• #1snake_fan
          Banned User
          • Dec 2008

ohh gee i don't know maybe for him to hit the DAMN BALL

i know it's only april but still i mean come on kid there were runners on and he would strike out or ground out into a double play i'm just saying what happened to the kid that batted .415 in the playoffs ? (2007)

Comment

• Apoc13
            Cautiously optimistic
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
            ohh gee i don't know maybe for him to hit the DAMN BALL

i know it's only april but still i mean come on kid there were runners on and he would strike out or ground out into a double play i'm just saying what happened to the kid that batted .415 in the playoffs ? (2007)
            dude....they've played 3 games...pedroia is batting .167...should we cut him too?

Comment

• Apoc13
              Cautiously optimistic
              • Jul 2008

Cashman Convinced Hal On Teixeira

Kat O'Brien of Newsday writes today about the Yankees' pursuit of Mark Teixeira. In talking to Brian Cashman, O'Brien learned that the GM's persistence finally led to the go-ahead from Hal Steinbrenner; for much of the offseason, Tex wasn't an option. At the time of Cashman's December meeting with Teixeira and Scott Boras, the Yankees were not expecting to sign the slugger. According to Cashman:

"When I met with him, I was doing it more to get leverage on CC. We weren't playing possum on purpose. We were actually out of it."

Cashman was able to convince Hal with this pitch regarding the Red Sox:

"I know you're not interested, but they're going to get this guy. He's going to fall in their lap, and he's so perfect for us."

Comment

• #1snake_fan
                Banned User
                • Dec 2008

when the Hell did i say that they should CUT Jacoby Ellsbury ? cause i didn't so don't put words in my mouth all isaid was that i wonder if they made the right trade

a trade isn't cutting him now is it ????? NO it isn't

and again thanks for the reminder that they have only played three games i thought this weekend was the All-Star game

all i said was that i'm not found of Jacoby if you are then fine what do i care

and we don't have a good back up like Crisp anymore now we have Baldelli who can't play as much as Crisp did

Comment

• Southstander
                  King of Anvilania
                  • Jun 2005

once again snake why are you so negitive and argumentive. Reguardless if Ells was traded or cut he would be off the team. I think A13 point was that why do you want him gone so soon into the season?

sigpic

Comment

• Ohio Broncos
                    First, Last and Only
                    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                    once again snake why are you so negitive and argumentive. Reguardless if Ells was traded or cut he would be off the team. I think A13 point was that why do you want him gone so soon into the season?
                    Man, you and snake sure do argue a lot. I thought you only went back and forth in the wrestling thread.

Anyway, I'm watching the Sox-Angels game and I saw their new unis. They look pretty sharp. What do you think of them?
                    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

• #1snake_fan
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2008

I never said i want to get rid of ellsbury

all i said was i'm not a fan of his ... Big deal

i'm not impressed with him like i am with pedroia or youkilis or papelbon or beckett or lester or everyone else

Comment

• Southstander
                        King of Anvilania
                        • Jun 2005

Snake it sure sounded like you wanted to trade him.

a trade isn't cutting him now is it ????? NO it isn't

Sounds like you wanted him gone.

sigpic

Comment

• #1snake_fan
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2008

all i was saying is that when Jacoby Ellsbury gets into a slump it hurts the SOX bad cause he's our lead off hitter

my comment was ment as who is going to back up Jacoby when he's not playing well I.E. Now

Well obvisiously that's Rocco Baldelli's Job now

My point is Coco and Jacoby made the perfect 1-2 Punch cause they both have speed and make good contact but most importantly they STEAL bases

Baldelli can't play every day or every other day because of his condition (i feel bad for him) but why didn't Boston trade Him ?

there are other teams in MLB that i'm sure could use him

THAT'S MY POINT who's going to help when Ellsbury isn't

Maybe Ellsbury should go back to being our # 9 hitter and pedroia our lead off

Comment

• Southstander
                            King of Anvilania
                            • Jun 2005

LA Angels 6, Boston 3

Boston AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
                            Ellsbury, CF 4 2 2 0 0 1 1 .235
                            Pedroia, 2B 3 1 1 0 1 0 0 .200
                            Ortiz, DH 3 0 0 1 0 2 2 .167
                            Youkilis, 1B 4 0 2 1 0 1 1 .625
                            Drew, RF 4 0 0 0 0 2 2 .091
                            Bay, LF 2 0 0 0 2 1 0 .250
                            Lowell, 3B 4 0 1 0 0 1 3 .200
                            Lowrie, SS 4 0 0 0 0 1 3 .067
                            Kottaras, G, C 3 0 1 0 0 1 0 .333
                            Totals 31 3 7 2 3 10 12

BATTING
                            2B: Pedroia (2, Jepsen).
                            TB: Ellsbury 2; Pedroia 2; Youkilis 2; Lowell; Kottaras, G.
                            RBI: Ortiz (1), Youkilis (2).
                            2-out RBI: Youkilis.
                            Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Lowrie; Youkilis; Drew.
                            SF: Ortiz.
                            GIDP: Ellsbury; Lowell.
                            Team RISP: 1-for-6.
                            Team LOB: 5.

BASERUNNING
                            SB: Pedroia (1, 2nd base off Weaver/Mathis), Ellsbury (2, 2nd base off Weaver/Mathis).

FIELDING
                            DP: (Pedroia-Lowrie-Youkilis).

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
                            Wakefield (L, 0-1) 6.0 6 3 3 5 4 0 4.50
                            Masterson 1.0 4 3 3 1 0 0 13.50
                            Lopez, J 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 4.50

sigpic

Comment

• Southstander
                              King of Anvilania
                              • Jun 2005

Today is Trot Nixon and Jason Varitek's Birthday.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

snake say what you will about Jacoby, he got more hits in today's game then Pedroia, Ortiz, Bay, and Lowrie combined.

sigpic

Comment

• Apoc13
                                Cautiously optimistic
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                                don;t bother

Comment

Working...
                                X