Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Baseball Now!!!!

Who wants to go to the game on 4/4 against the D-Rays. 5 dollar tier reserved seats!!!!!!?!?!?!? Who's coming with me people?!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
      Sean Henn may have a chance over Villone after all. Villone's velocity has dropped after a good start.

And Henn's pitching well so far today....

1-1 in the sixth.....
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
        And Henn's pitching well so far today....

1-1 in the sixth.....
        It would be nice to see Henn get the #2 LHRP job. There isn't exactly an over-abundance of hard-throwing LHRP's.

Wang's hamstring injury doesn't appear to be serious. No guarantees, but resting him for a couple of days should do the trick.

Pettitte is feeling much better. He'll get 1 more spring training start, then pitch game 1 (April 2 ) or game 2 (April 4) of the regular season.

I'm thrilled to have so much pitching depth. Jeff Karstens and Darrell Rasner are ready to step into the rotation now. The AAA rotation is the best I've ever seen.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
          Who wants to go to the game on 4/4 against the D-Rays. 5 dollar tier reserved seats!!!!!!?!?!?!? Who's coming with me people?!
          Thats pretty cheap, but i live in the \/\/est Coast.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgFanatic
            Pick me up on your way, Dude. I'll split the driving the rest of the way.
            Last edited by keithbishop; 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• 8 ST games left

Torre said Pettitte needs 1 more start, which he'll get by Friday 3-30. The Yankees are being extra cautious, as should be the case.

Torre said Wang's "injury" was a cramp. Nothing to it.

I was glad to see Abreu playing RF in his 2nd game back.

RP TJ Beam was sent to minor league camp. Some tough decisions will have to be made to pare the ST roster down from 44 to the regular season roster of 25.

Taking a stab at the roster.............

SP--
              Wang/Pettitte/Moose/Pavano/Igawa

RHRP--
              Mo/Krazy Kyle Farnsworth/Proctor/Vizcaino/Jeff Karstens

LHRP--
              Myers/Henn

C--
              Posada/Raul Chavez

1B--
              Mientkiewicz/Josh Phelps

Other IF--
              Cano/Jeter/A-Rod/Cairo

OF--
              Abreu/Damon/Matsui/Melky

DH--
              Giambi
              Last edited by keithbishop; 03-24-2007, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Yankees lose Wang

The Yankees have lost Wang until probably close to the end of April......

Looks like Pettitte may start the season on opening day if he's ready.

Otherwise it could be today's starter, Mussina, but he's getting roughed up pretty badly to start the game.

Top 1st, 3-0 Blue Jays with one on and one out.
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• So much for Wang's "cramp" . It's a grade-1 hamstring tear (grade 1 is the least serious). Wang will begin the season on the 15 day DL.

That's a shame, but these things happen.

Jeff Karstens has earned a shot at a rotation spot and MAY get his chance....BUT.... with an off day day 2 of the regular season (April 3rd), a 5th starter won't be needed until April 11th. If Wang's DL designation is retroactive to today, he will be eligible to return April 8th..... that's only a possibility, of course. It may be mid-to-late April before he returns.

The strong teams win...... and the weak teams make excuses. Bring the regular season on!!
                  Last edited by keithbishop; 03-24-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Today's cuts

C Raul Chavez
                    IF Angel Chavez
                    IF Andy Cannizaro
                    OF Bronson Sardinha
                    LHRP Ben Kozlowski

Sardinha will be a Yankee at some point this season.
                    My prediction about Chavez being the backup C sucked.
                    My preference (not prediction) from day 1 has been Wil Nieves, so Todd Pratt gets the job, right??

AAA Closer Jose Veras will miss 2-3 months after bone spur surgery. There will be no lack of replacement options:

Prospects J B Cox, TJ Beam, and Chris Britton (assuming he doesn't make the Yankees roster) will be the top 3. I THINK Sean Henn will make the Yankees roster, but, if not, he'd be the top LH.

Carl Pavano to start game 1????? Unreal.

Look for Moose to start game 2 (he'll get 1 more ST start Thursday) and Pettitte to start game 3. Karstens will be the #5 starter (and long reliever) until Wang returns, but the #5 will only be needed twice by April 22nd due to off days. Wang will be back right around then.
                    Last edited by keithbishop; 03-24-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Nothing confirmed, but..................

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...l=1&thispage=1

BY ED PRICE
                      Star-Ledger Staff TAMPA, Fla. -- The Yankees have told at least one other team they intend to keep Josh Phelps as the right-handed half of their first-base platoon.

Phelps and Andy Phillips came to camp competing for a roster spot. Both went 0-for-1 yesterday, leaving Phelps with a .444 spring average (eight RBI in 27 at-bats) and Phillips with a .267 mark.

Because Phillips is out of minor-league options, the Yankees would have to put him through waivers before sending him down, and there is some belief another team would claim him.

Comment

• Wang had a nice throwing session today.

He WILL open the season on the DL, but don't rule out the possibility of a MID-April return instead of LATE-April.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                          Yes, it is pretty cheap. Normally they are 20 dollar seats, but the yanks have a promotion every year called 'five dollar days' where tier reserved and tier box (reserved are 20, box are 45 or so, together they make up the entire upper deck of yankee stadium). There are about 10 $5 days during the year, and most every weekday afternoon game falls into this category!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Not a great day for the Yankees. Jeff Karstens, likely to be the #5 starter until Wang returns, left the game with elbow stiffness after 2 innings. He felt the stiffness during warmups, but said nothing to Pitching Coach Ron Gudry.

Darrell Rasner, who, like Karstens, received valuable experience with the Yankees in late August/September of 2006, likely makes the roster with this injury.

I preferred Rasner to Karstens last season. They're similar pitchers, but Rasner seemed to have better location. Rasner is out of minor league options, so there may be a bit of a silver lining here. I'd be very surprised if Rasner passed through waivers without being claimed. Rasner is having a tremendous ST : 1.50 ERA in 12 IP.

I got to watch CF prospect Austin Jackson for the first time. As advertised, he can fly around the basepaths. I look forward to seeing what he can do in High-A Tampa.

Comment

• 6 ST games left. The games on Tuesday and Friday will be on ESPN.

Andy Pettitte will throw bullpen sessions on Monday and Wednesday, then start Friday's game, leaving him in line to start game 2 of the regular season April 3 or game 3 April 4. I'm guessing Pavano will start game 1, Moose game 2, Pettitte game 3, and Igawa game 4. The #5 starter (Rasner??) will only be needed 3 times in April: the 11th, 22nd, and 27th. That being said, I look for Wang to be back by the 27th, which would likely make Igawa the #5 starter.

Announcements on roster spots should start coming in as early as tomorrow.

As I said before ST started, our bullpen will be great. The top 4 RH's:
                              Mo, Farnsworth, Proctor, and Vizcaino, are looking great. Bruney has looked very impressive, but I don't know if he makes the cut...... that likely depends on Karstens' status.

LH's: Myers is in. I'm pulling for Henn, but, since he has minor league options left, won't rule out Villone's chances. Villone signed a minor league deal, so Henn would save some $$. I've seen differing amounts listed for Villone if he makes the roster, between $2.5 and $3.5 mil. $2.5 mil. sounds more accurate, but I'll be able to find out for sure if he makes the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                                6 ST games left. The games on Tuesday and Friday will be on ESPN.

Andy Pettitte will throw bullpen sessions on Monday and Wednesday, then start Friday's game, leaving him in line to start game 2 of the regular season April 3 or game 3 April 4. I'm guessing Pavano will start game 1, Moose game 2, Pettitte game 3, and Igawa game 4. The #5 starter (Rasner??) will only be needed 3 times in April: the 11th, 22nd, and 27th. That being said, I look for Wang to be back by the 27th, which would likely make Igawa the #5 starter.

Announcements on roster spots should start coming in as early as tomorrow.

As I said before ST started, our bullpen will be great. The top 4 RH's:
                                Mo, Farnsworth, Proctor, and Vizcaino, are looking great. Bruney has looked very impressive, but I don't know if he makes the cut...... that likely depends on Karstens' status.

LH's: Myers is in. I'm pulling for Henn, but, since he has minor league options left, won't rule out Villone's chances. Villone signed a minor league deal, so Henn would save some $$. I've seen differing amounts listed for Villone if he makes the roster, between $2.5 and $3.5 mil. $2.5 mil. sounds more accurate, but I'll be able to find out for sure if he makes the team.

Yep, the bullpen will be good.

I read somewhere the other day, actually I think it was today that "With all the problems the Yankees have been having with keeping starters healthy, no one's mentioning how terrible their bullpen is."

Get a clue
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X