Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithbishop
    Rasner has been moved to the BP. A #5 starter won't be needed until April 21st or so or so. Karstens and/or Wang will be ready by then. Looks like Karstens will pitch a rehab game Saturday, but the team is being extra cautious with Wang.

Congrats to A-Rod for becoming the 1st Yankee to hit 5 HR in 6 games to start a season .

From what I've heard, the last Yankee to homer in 4 of his first 5 games won the triple crown that year. (Mickey Mantle)

Not sure if that's right or not....but, he's got an outside shot.

Certainly the favorite for both RBI and HR, but for average, he may not even have the third best average on the team (Cano and Jeter should do better...possibly Damon, too)

He's got SOME chance, but we'll see.

Andy Pettitte pitches today against Boof Bonser and the Twins at 8 PM.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
      From what I've heard, the last Yankee to homer in 4 of his first 5 games won the triple crown that year. (Mickey Mantle)

Not sure if that's right or not....but, he's got an outside shot.

Certainly the favorite for both RBI and HR, but for average, he may not even have the third best average on the team (Cano and Jeter should do better...possibly Damon, too)

He's got SOME chance, but we'll see.

Andy Pettitte pitches today against Boof Bonser and the Twins at 8 PM.

Boof Bonser...sounds like a Three Stooges castaway...
      Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by SmithOverTO
        Boof Bonser...sounds like a Three Stooges castaway...
        I believe Boof Bosner is Betty Boop's barber's big brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
          I believe Boof Bosner was Betty Boop's big brother.
          Betty Boop:

Boof Bonser:

Damn....
          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

• Ho-hum....

Yankees 7 Twins 0 bottom 5th.

2-run HR by A-Rod

3-run HR by Damon
            My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• More "dreadful" pitching

Pettitte: 6 scoreless innings 4 H 1 BB 3 K

Comment

• It's unbelievable what A-Rod's doing right now...

Just for the record, he's on pace for 345 RBIs on the season

AND 138 HRs.

And this isn't through 2 or 3 games...it's through 7

7-1 Yanks top 8th...
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• I can't find where I said it, but I said this was going to be his career year. 155 more games to go, but I'm right so far.

Comment

• A-Rod is playing lights out!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he will break Hanks homerun record BEFORE Bonds does.....
                    My 3 favorite teams:
                    1.The Denver Broncos
                    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                      I can't find where I said it, but I said this was going to be his career year. 155 more games to go, but I'm right so far.
                      It seems like a lot of people were saying that but it sure is awesome that they are right. I'm loving what he is doing so far. Hopefully he keeps this up and gets the stats that RYO posted

and LOL Broncophan. That would be classic.

Comment

• He'll open his stupid egotistical mouth and ruin it for those of us who really dont care for him - i know hes a Yankee but.............................uuuugggggggghhhhhh hh

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
                          He'll open his stupid egotistical mouth and ruin it for those of us who really dont care for him - i know hes a Yankee but.............................uuuugggggggghhhhhh hh

No he won't...... he's boring the reporters with his comments..... he's taking credit for NOTHING. I've listened to several of his recent interviews..... he's very soft spoken and just wants to talk about winning, not stats.

Keep in mind that this is after a start better than ANY YANKEE IN HISTORY. Cut the guy some slack. Yes, he is one of ours..... keep reminding yourself of that fact, babe .

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                            No he won't...... he's boring the reporters with his comments..... he's taking credit for NOTHING. I've listened to several of his recent interviews..... he's very soft spoken and just wants to talk about winning, not stats.

Keep in mind that this is after a start better than ANY YANKEE IN HISTORY. Cut the guy some slack. Yes, he is one of ours..... keep reminding yourself of that fact, babe .

I try but I must only catch the bad stuff - last thing I heard him comment about was is walk ogg GS - he's like "yeah it usually comes down to me one way or another" - spare me

But as long as he is producing I will TOLERATE him - the minute he sucks I will be the first to help him on the train out of the bronx

Comment

• Originally posted by orangenblue420
                              I try but I must only catch the bad stuff - last thing I heard him comment about was is walk ogg GS - he's like "yeah it usually comes down to me one way or another" - spare me

But as long as he is producing I will TOLERATE him - the minute he sucks I will be the first to help him on the train out of the bronx
                              Keep waiting
                              It must be hard to root for every player huh???

your a girl I'm shocked you dont just think hes hott and Love A-rod

Comment

• Yankees play tonight at 8.

Mike Mussina takes the mound looking for revenge from his first start of the season...
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X