No announcement yet.

Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mussina vs. Elarton tonight...no excuses if the Yankees lose....as a matter of fact, by the end of this series, KC should have a 16 game losing streak.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      "Reds pitcher Paul Wilson charged the mound after being hit by a pitch, and Farnsworth trotted towards Wilson and violently body slammed him to the ground."
      I wasn't judging him by the pictures. I was judging him by what I've seen. He's charged the plate before. He's crazy.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
      RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
      Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
      -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
        Farnsworth has temper problems. I'm suprised he never tried to bean Manny or Papi.
        Julian Tavarez has temper problems..... ask any Cardinals fan.
        Farnsworth doesn't have a reputation for hitting batters. The other picture, for instance, followed a Tigers batter being hit by a Royals pitcher.
        I'm stunned that Paul Wilson, a PITCHER, had anything to say to incite Farnsworth. Baseball gets labeled a wimpy sport at times....... but Kyle Farnsworth is an exception. When a fight is started in baseball, are you saying that you would prefer Farnsworth to do nothing??

So you're SURPRISED he DIDN'T hit Manny or Ortiz?? Who has Farnsworth beaned this year, by the way?? I'm eagerly awaiting your response on this one..... it should be a fun answer.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

I wasn't judging him by the pictures. I was judging him by what I've seen. He's charged the plate before. He's crazy.
          He has a short fuse...... and I'd pay to see a batter look at him as they stood at the plate admiring their HR shot, but I'd define crazy as someone like the red sox Julian Tavarez or ex-Yankee Kevin Brown, both of whom broke their hands punching a dugout wall . I'm glad the Yankees have an enforcer.... and I would think every team should have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
            Julian Tavarez has temper problems..... ask any Cardinals fan.
            Farnsworth doesn't have a reputation for hitting batters. The other picture, for instance, followed a Tigers batter being hit by a Royals pitcher.
            I'm stunned that Paul Wilson, a PITCHER, had anything to say to incite Farnsworth. Baseball gets labeled a wimpy sport at times....... but Kyle Farnsworth is an exception. When a fight is started in baseball, are you saying that you would prefer Farnsworth to do nothing??

So you're SURPRISED he DIDN'T hit Manny or Ortiz?? Who has Farnsworth beaned this year, by the way?? I'm eagerly awaiting your response on this one..... it should be a fun answer.
            Did I ever say I liked/wanted Tavarez on the team?

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Did I ever say I liked/wanted Tavarez on the team?
              I found it extremely interesting that you mentioned Farnsworth beaning batters. I KNEW he had no such reputation, but decided to look his stats up for verification.

According to ESPN.Com, (Miscellaneous pitching statistics):
              Keith Foulke, who NO ONE would say has a reputation for being a headhunter, has hit 31 batters in 491.1 innings since 2000.

Kyle Farnsworth, in 568 career innings, has hit 14 batters.

Foulke isn't a headhunter, nor is Farnsworth. Farnsworth can fight..... and enjoys doing so, but are you truly SURPRISED that a pitcher who has hit 14 batters in 568 innings DIDN'T hit Manny or Ortiz?? In the NFL or NHL players that can fight are applauded...... in baseball, they're crazy?? OK, if you say so .

Before I forget, Farnsworth hasn't hit a batter in 2006. He hit 3 in 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                I found it extremely interesting that you mentioned Farnsworth beaning batters. I KNEW he had no such reputation, but decided to look his stats up for verification.

According to ESPN.Com, (Miscellaneous pitching statistics):
                Keith Foulke, who NO ONE would say has a reputation for being a headhunter, has hit 31 batters in 491.1 innings since 2000.

Kyle Farnsworth, in 568 career innings, has hit 14 batters.

Foulke isn't a headhunter, nor is Farnsworth. Farnsworth can fight..... and enjoys doing so, but are you truly SURPRISED that a pitcher who has hit 14 batters in 568 innings DIDN'T hit Manny or Ortiz?? In the NFL or NHL players that can fight are applauded...... in baseball, they're crazy?? OK, if you say so .

Before I forget, Farnsworth hasn't hit a batter in 2006. He hit 3 in 2005.
                You can not tell me none of Farnsworth's were intentional. Perhaps a few of Foulke's were intentional, as he is known to let a few slip, especially since 04.

And yes, I am suprised, I figured if anyone was going to get Manny back for what he did it would be him.

In hockey, sometimes it is for respect or dignity, others it is that they are crazy, Farnsworth however, is flat out crazy. Respect my opinion or not, I believe he is.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• I can oficially say I submitted my 25 votes for the MLB All-Star game.

Here was who I voted for:

AL;

C: Posada 9 times, Victor Martinez 10 times, Joe Mauer 6 times
                  1B: Travis Hafner 25 times
                  2B: Robinson Cano 25 times
                  SS: Derek Jeter 25 times
                  3B: Alex Rodriguez 25 times
                  OF: Casey Blake 24 Times, Melky Cabrera (as a write in ) 24 times, Johnny gomes 17 times, Manny 5 times, Grady Sizemore 5 times

NL;

C: Michael Barrett 25 times
                  1B: Pujols 24 Times, Prince Fielder 1 time
                  2B: D. Uggla, 25 Times
                  SS: Hanley Ramirez 25 times
                  3B: David Wright 25 times
                  OF: Carlos Beltran 25 times, Bobby Abreu 25 times, Jason Bay 25 times

Done with my voting.....maybe Melky will crack 1,000 votes!!!
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

You can not tell me none of Farnsworth's were intentional. Perhaps a few of Foulke's were intentional, as he is known to let a few slip, especially since 04.

And yes, I am suprised, I figured if anyone was going to get Manny back for what he did it would be him.

In hockey, sometimes it is for respect or dignity, others it is that they are crazy, Farnsworth however, is flat out crazy. Respect my opinion or not, I believe he is.
                    Did you read the part where I said NO ONE would call Foulke a headhunter?

It's certainly possible that ANY pitcher can intentionally hit a batter, but 14 in 568 innings = a headhunter?? LOL. Once again.... 0 this year. Zero.... None.... Nada.... Zilch. Argue that stat..... I can't wait. Call him crazy, but EXPECT him to bean someone after AVERAGING 2 hit batters a year?? You can do better than that. Kyle Farnsworth is NOT a dirty player. Argue that point if you will..... and please show how his HBP #'s would make you think he would throw at a batter intentionally.

Comment

• Yanks are still ina rain delay waiting to play the bottom of the ninth, royals up 7-5, with Stinett, Damon, and then Jeter due up. It's been at least an hour now , but they will be finishing this game when you consider that they let the royals bat in the top of the inning while it was also pouring.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Yanks are still ina rain delay waiting to play the bottom of the ninth, royals up 7-5, with Stinett, Damon, and then Jeter due up. It's been at least an hour now , but they will be finishing this game when you consider that they let the royals bat in the top of the inning while it was also pouring.
                        NJ do not give up remember this is the Royals we are talking about anything is possible.
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• I've been waiting for a while...then again, it was pouring for a while...I know it's bottom 9, but we've got to pull this out.....NO LOSING TO 10-35 teams....
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• They are pulling off the tarp!!!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

They are pulling off the tarp!!!
                              Jeez this needs to get started.....
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• zzzzzzzzzzzzz <insert sleeping smiley>

Comment

Working...
                                X