5. Posada
    6. Cano
    7. Phillips
    8. Williams
    9. Long/other DH
    GO POSADA! GO DOWN YANKEES!!!

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Cairo's in for Jeter.....

Lineup will probably be:

1. Damon CF
      2. Cabrera LF
      3. Giambi DH
      4. Rodriguez 3B
      5. Posada C
      6. Cano 2B
      7. Phillips 1B
      8. Cairo SS
      9. Williams RF
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Who's this "A-Rod" you refer to? Is he the AL Player of the month for May??

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• What a night for the Yankees.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            What a night for the Yankees.
            I will die of laughter if we come back.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              I will die of laughter if we come back.
              Me too!
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Theeeeeeee Yankees win!!!
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• No need to say TOO much about a great game, but all 9 Yankee starters had at least 1 hit and scored at least 1 run. Moose is 8-1. Rivera is healthy.

The run Melky scored in the 1st was among the strangest plays I've ever seen, though the reversal of the umpire's decision in the 3rd inning was also very strange.

The Curtain Call Andy Phillips got sent chills down my spine twice..... when it happened and the 1st time they showed the replay. Giambi tried to knock the upper deck down with his blast.

TJ Beam made his AAA debut: 2 IP 4 K 0 BB 0 H

Moose has went at least 6 innings in all 13 of his starts.

The Yankees have 10 or more hits in 12 straight games, a franchise record.

Jeter should be able to play Tuesday, but Torre won't risk it if he has any questions.

Shawn Chacon said that Ron Guidry told him he will start for the Yankees Friday, though Torre hasn't officially announced it yet.

Comment

• Toronto lost, falling 3 games behind the 1st place Yankees.

Big test for Chien-Ming Wang Tuesday.............

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                      No need to say TOO much about a great game, but all 9 Yankee starters had at least 1 hit and scored at least 1 run. Moose is 8-1. Rivera is healthy.

The run Melky scored in the 1st was among the strangest plays I've ever seen, though the reversal of the umpire's decision in the 3rd inning was also very strange.

The Curtain Call Andy Phillips got sent chills down my spine twice..... when it happened and the 1st time they showed the replay. Giambi tried to knock the upper deck down with his blast.

TJ Beam made his AAA debut: 2 IP 4 K 0 BB 0 H

Moose has went at least 6 innings in all 13 of his starts.

The Yankees have 10 or more hits in 12 straight games, a franchise record.

Jeter should be able to play Tuesday, but Torre won't risk it if he has any questions.

Shawn Chacon said that Ron Guidry told him he will start for the Yankees Friday, though Torre hasn't officially announced it yet.
                      congrats on the win KB. BTW how do the Yanks pound such a good picher in Beckett. I am wondering.
                      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                        GO POSADA! GO DOWN YANKEES!!!
                        Liquid I would not be so cocky about the Sox. They did not look very good tonight What is up with Beckett and Varitek sucked as well.

Lets get em tomorrow, but with Pauly (want a cracker LOL) piching I am not so confident
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                          congrats on the win KB. BTW how do the Yanks pound such a good picher in Beckett. I am wondering.
                          Thanks , Medford.... classy as usual!!

I need to look up some stats, but Toronto pounded him last week as well. He was still hitting up to 98 MPH with his fastball, but he had no control. Even at 98 MPH, a poorly located pitch can travel a long way. Beckett has been good in home games, but, if I remember correctly, has really struggled on the road. He's also allowing a lot of HR's this year..... more already this season than he allowed in 2005.

I'd also factor in that Yankee hitters have been extremely hot recently. Even with the injuries, the Yankees lead the league in runs scored. Young players like Melky Cabrera and Andy Phillips have really stepped up.

Comment

Liquid I would not be so cocky about the Sox. They did not look very good tonight What is up with Beckett and Varitek sucked as well.

Lets get em tomorrow, but with Pauly (want a cracker LOL) piching I am not so confident

The phrase "owns" gets thrown around to a laughable extent, but Mike Mussina owns Varitek.

Varitek's career #'s vs. Moose: 52 AB 5 H 24 K (.096 batting avg,) . All 5 hits were singles.
                            ESPN announcer Rick Sutcliffe asked Varitek before the game if he was tempted to get lost on the way to the stadium, knowing he'd be facing Moose .

Comment

I don't understand these #'s coming from a pitcher with Beckett's talent, but........

Home: 3-0 2.16 ERA
                              Road: 4-3 7.00 ERA

All 16 HR's allowed have been in road games

Day: 1.29 ERA
                              Night: 6.27 ERA

April: 4.50 ERA
                              May: 4.42 ERA
                              June: 47.25 ERA (Tonight was his only June start... I just like that ERA).

I thought he had pitched better than that, but he's obviously the beneficiary of some great run support.
                              Last edited by keithbishop; 06-05-2006, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Derek Jeter may miss a few more games.

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...180525&id=2076

According to AAA IF Nick Green's agent, he will be called up today. Green played for the Braves in 2004 and the D-Rays in 2005.

I don't mind a few days off for Jeter. Torre will think safety first with the Yankees' captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X