Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithbishop
    The phrase "owns" gets thrown around to a laughable extent, but Mike Mussina owns Varitek.

Varitek's career #'s vs. Moose: 52 AB 5 H 24 K (.096 batting avg,) . All 5 hits were singles.
    ESPN announcer Rick Sutcliffe asked Varitek before the game if he was tempted to get lost on the way to the stadium, knowing he'd be facing Moose .
    That was a good one KB and Sutcliffe.
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Good game last night offensive wise, means nothing if we don't win tonight. I think it's going to be a slugfest. Chien-Ming Wang will do o-k, but he could make a few mistakes. I'm looking at a 5 ER output from Wang tonight. If that's the case, let's hope our offense keeps it up.

Oh, and somebody test Andy Phillips's urine right now.

Comment

• As far as all the injuries are concerned, let them get them outta their system now while it's not too far into the season!

As far as the red sox series, I think if they don't take 3 outta 4 it's got to be a bit of a disappointment considering the fact that they won big last night and really made boston use their bullpen...I would expect the win tonight against the youngster, and probably making boston go deep into their bullpen again. From there, you gotta take one of the final two games.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• First two draft picks today for the Yankees were BOTH pitchers...

RHP Ian Kennedy, USC

Joba Chamberlin RHP, Nebraska....

Glad to hear TJ Beam pitched well in his AAA debut....
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• The Yankees third pick is Zachary Mcallister, RHP
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah!!!

35-22!!
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Melky Cabrera made the catch of the week tonight, robbing Manny of a game-tying HR. What a fantastic athlete..... he'll be in pinstripes for years.

Wang pitched very well (1 ER in 7 IP) after a stretch of poor starts.

Andy Phillips made some great plays as well.

5-pitch 9th for Mo!!!
                BERNIE WILLIAMS hit a clutch HR .... tying the game after a blast from Ortiz.

Terrence Long was DFA today ..... ex-Brave and D-Ray IF Nick Green was recalled from Columbus.

Durazo struck out as a PH in his Columbus debut.
                Last edited by keithbishop; 06-06-2006, 07:24 PM.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Yankees Minor League update....6/6

Here's my update of the Yankees farm system:

AAA: Won tonight 3-2 in 10 innings, Colter Bean got the win....look like he might need to be called back up again at some point. Also, since Kevin Reese was sent back down, he's been hitting very, very well including 4-5 tonight with a homer a double, and two singles. I think he should've been called up instead of Nick Green today.

Columbus is now 23-34

AA: Trenton also won tonight 3-2, the DH Ruiz is hitting real well, batting near .300...

Trenton's now 29-29 only 5.5 games back......

A Tampa: Lost 3-0...

A Charleston: Lost 3-2

6 Prospects to watch:

Colter Bean--AAA
                  TJ Beam--AAA
                  Kevin Reese--AAA
                  J Brent Cox--AA
                  Phillip Hughes--AA
                  Jose Tabata--A
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                    Here's my update of the Yankees farm system:

AAA: Won tonight 3-2 in 10 innings, Colter Bean got the win....look like he might need to be called back up again at some point. Also, since Kevin Reese was sent back down, he's been hitting very, very well including 4-5 tonight with a homer a double, and two singles. I think he should've been called up instead of Nick Green today.

Columbus is now 23-34

AA: Trenton also won tonight 3-2, the DH Ruiz is hitting real well, batting near .300...

Trenton's now 29-29 only 5.5 games back......

A Tampa: Lost 3-0...

A Charleston: Lost 3-2

6 Prospects to watch:

Colter Bean--AAA
                    TJ Beam--AAA
                    Kevin Reese--AAA
                    J Brent Cox--AA
                    Phillip Hughes--AA
                    Jose Tabata--A
                    2 minor points, my friend...... With Jeter hurt, the Yankees needed an extra IF for a couple of days. I prefer Kevin Thompson to Reese as the extra OF.

Colter Bean won't be given another shot by the Yankees. He simply doesn't have Major League stuff. Bean went unclaimed on waivers before the yankees demoted him to Columbus. I like him, but he's a AAAA player unless he gets a shot with a team that has a losing record..... less pressure for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                      2 minor points, my friend...... With Jeter hurt, the Yankees needed an extra IF for a couple of days. I prefer Kevin Thompson to Reese as the extra OF.

Colter Bean won't be given another shot by the Yankees. He simply doesn't have Major League stuff. Bean went unclaimed on waivers before the yankees demoted him to Columbus. I like him, but he's a AAAA player unless he gets a shot with a team that has a losing record..... less pressure for him.
                      Oh, I understand the first part..but they said on postgame that Jeter should be able to go tomorrow. I like Thompson because he's fast, but I think Kevin Reese is going to be the better hitter.

And yeah, Bean's kind of in between AAA and the MLB....he's good for AAA, decent at best for MLB, but I think the Yankees could always use another pitcher...maybe thta's why they drafted about 5 today
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Melky has the look of a complete player now. Not enough power, but all around he can be a solid contributer, which means we don't have to add another $100 contract for offense and concentrate on getting Dontrell Willis.

By the way, did Jeffery Meyer get drafted?

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                          Melky has the look of a complete player now. Not enough power, but all around he can be a solid contributer, which means we don't have to add another $100 contract for offense and concentrate on getting Dontrell Willis.

By the way, did Jeffery Meyer get drafted?
                          Not today, no.

Probably tomorrow.
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Rivera's save was #391 for his career....passing Dennis Eckersley for #4 all-time .
                            Last edited by keithbishop; 06-06-2006, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                              Oh, I understand the first part..but they said on postgame that Jeter should be able to go tomorrow. I like Thompson because he's fast, but I think Kevin Reese is going to be the better hitter.

And yeah, Bean's kind of in between AAA and the MLB....he's good for AAA, decent at best for MLB, but I think the Yankees could always use another pitcher...maybe thta's why they drafted about 5 today
                              I hope Jeter is back tomorrow, but this article from the Yankees official site quotes Torre as saying he won't even consider playing Jeter the next couple of days..... I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Reese and Thompson have fairly similar #'s.... Reese has a higher avg. and Thompson has far more steals. Reese has 2 more BB and 1 more HR, but has played in 122 more games. I would rank them evenly except for the fact that Thompson is 2 years younger. Reese is 28, a bit too old for a "prospect", IMO. I don't consider Thompson more than a borderline prospect. They'd both do well as a backup OF, but Thompson's speed would give him a slight edge in my book. Both are having a nice seasons.

I think Reese will be a 6-year minor league free agent after the season.
                              Last edited by keithbishop; 06-06-2006, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• No Yankee game vs. Sox tonight.....rescheduled to September as a day-night doubleheader.
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X