Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see a CHI/NYY WS
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Go Twins Go!

Comment

• Going to be a interesting series between the Yanks, and Tribe. Can't wait to see Judge against the Indians pitching staff.

Comment

• Bye bye Joe Girardi. Thank you for #27 but now you have got to go.

Quick hook on CC who was cruising and on 77 pitches. 77!

Then you don't challenge the third out that lead to the grand slam.

Good bye!

Comment

• No two ways about it. The Yankees were the better team. Congrats

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              Bye bye Joe Girardi. Thank you for #27 but now you have got to go.

Quick hook on CC who was cruising and on 77 pitches. 77!

Then you don't challenge the third out that lead to the grand slam.

Good bye!
              That was the only time I've ever seen a manager single-handedly cost his team the game. I disagree with throwing Chapman out there for 2 innings tonight, but if it works out and they move to the ALCS, maybe I can forgive him. Winning cures everything, but as we head to the 9th I'm pretty concerned about getting these last 3 outs without giving up a run.

Go Yankees
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Well I'll be darned. We did it. I didn't see this coming. I'm a bit shocked but STOKED!

And RYO, I do forgive Joe. His team didn't quit on him or the series. He managed, they played, we won.

On to Houston!

Comment

Well I'll be darned. We did it. I didn't see this coming. I'm a bit shocked but STOKED!

And RYO, I do forgive Joe. His team didn't quit on him or the series. He managed, they played, we won.

On to Houston!
                  And we're tied, with the momentum. Huge comeback win tonight!
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
                    And we're tied, with the momentum. Huge comeback win tonight!
                    I just came back from the game. Man that place was ROCKING after Judge and Sanchez' hits. When it was 4-0, I had more confidence in them than I did last week. What a game!

Comment

• 1 more game to go. It's going to be tough and I wouldn't be shocked if Houston wins the next two.

But screw that! LET'S GO YANKEES!!

Comment

• I'm so proud of my Baby Bombers. We had a great season and we'll be a threat for years to come.

Congrats to the Houston Astros!

Comment

I'm so proud of my Baby Bombers. We had a great season and we'll be a threat for years to come.

Congrats to the Houston Astros!
                          They didnt seem to have much life or fight to them last night. Not cause they didnt care but cause they just seems exhausted. While they may have enjoyed playing games with their backs to the wall, you can only do it so much before it wears you down. And it seemed that was the case last night.

A really fun year. Surpassed everyone's expectations in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

A World Series appearance is definitely possible next season, but I'm circling 2019. They should be loaded then after hopefully acquiring a few guys in the 2018/2019 free agent class.
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Joe Girardi will not be back next season as manager of the New York Yankees, the team announced Thursday.

Girardi just completed the final season of a four-year, $16 million contract. Sources told ESPN's Buster Olney that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman recommended to owner Hal Steinbrenner that the team change managers.

In an email to local media outlets, Girardi said: "With a heavy heart, I come to you because the Yankees have decided not to bring me back." He went on to thank the Steinbrenner family and Cashman.
                            You can read the rest here: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...w-york-yankees

I have positive feelings about him as the Yankees manager. He did better than I expected this year despite almost ruining it in Game 2 vs. Cleveland. He gave us a World Series title but he also missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. As a Yankee that's unacceptable even in the ultra competitive AL East, but I didn't see it as all his fault during those years. They never finished below .519 and they were in the hunt for a majority of his tenure. He wasn't perfect but he wasn't bad at all.

All in all, he'll be a beloved Yankee forever and will get the loudest cheers when he returns to the Stadium. It was time for a change but with that I'll say, thank you Joe Girardi!

Comment

You can read the rest here: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...w-york-yankees

I have positive feelings about him as the Yankees manager. He did better than I expected this year despite almost ruining it in Game 2 vs. Cleveland. He gave us a World Series title but he also missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. As a Yankee that's unacceptable even in the ultra competitive AL East, but I didn't see it as all his fault during those years. They never finished below .519 and they were in the hunt for a majority of his tenure. He wasn't perfect but he wasn't bad at all.

All in all, he'll be a beloved Yankee forever and will get the loudest cheers when he returns to the Stadium. It was time for a change but with that I'll say, thank you Joe Girardi!
                              I find it very peculiar that out of all of the years that were better suited to replace him they chose now to. But then when he over achieves and upsets a 102 win team that is the hottest in baseball and takes another 102 win team the distance in 7 games that's when they decide to call it quits.

I realize the leash had been short on him for some time. Just very odd to choose his over achievement year to pull the plug.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Shohei Ohtani turns down Yankees.

Shohei Ohtani turns down Yankees.

- By Post Sports Desk

Aaron Boone won’t get to manage Shohei Ohtani.

The two-way Japanese star gave the Yankees the impression the biggest stage in sports on the East Coast wasn’t his preference.

Sunday night at Stamford’s Heights and Lights holiday festival, Brian Cashman dropped the bombshell news that the Yankees didn’t make it past the preliminary round of talks with the two-way Japanese star.
                                Read the rest below.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/03/shohei...-down-yankees/

Comment

Working...
                                X