No announcement yet.

Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the NY Daily News, Miguel Cairo re-joined the team last night, but isn't ready for game action.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Magic Number : 13

Yankees 3 Orioles 2.

Player of the game:
      Chien-Ming Wang. W (17-5 3.60 ERA) 7.1 IP 1 ER 8 H 1 K 0 BB 85 pitches.

Other Heroes:

RSN favorite JohnNY Damon 2-4 1 R 1 RBI (76, surpassing the 75 he had in 2005)

Melky Cabrera: 0-2 1 RBI. His sac fly gave the Yankees a 2-0 lead.

Derek Jeter: 2-4 1 RBI.

Kevin Thompson 0-1 2 BB 1 R.

Nick Green 1-3 1 R. Green played great D at 3rd base.

RF Bobby Abreu didn't enter the game until the 8th inning. Damon was the DH today. A-Rod and Giambi DNP.

Comment

• Trenton lost tonight...unfortunate end to a good season
        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• KC just hit a three run homer in the Top of the 12th to take a 7-4 lead, and so I'm going to assume the Red sox lost, bringing the Yankee lead to 10 games over Boston, and 11.5 over Toronto.

Magic Number is now 12

Also: The Red Sox are now 7.5 out of the Wild Card.
          Last edited by RunYouOver; 09-09-2006, 08:11 PM.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
            KC just hit a three run homer in the Top of the 12th to take a 7-4 lead, and so I'm going to assume the Red sox lost, bringing the Yankee lead to 10 games over Boston, and 11.5 over Toronto.

Magic Number is now 12

Also: The Red Sox are now 7.5 out of the Wild Card.
            It got better..... MUCH better!!

Shealy doubled after the HR. Consecutive batters were HBP (AL leading 61 for boston pitchers )...................... and...................Andres Blanco doubled...... AND...... Manny booted the ball for an error, allowing Blanco to take 3rd as 3 runs scored.

Did I mention that David DeJesus and Mark Grudzielanek pulled off a Double Steal right before JEFF KEPPINGER's (Yeah, THE Jeff Keppinger ) 3- run shot??

KC wins not only this 3-game series, but the season series from boston. KC leads 5 games to 3 with 1 game left.

When I adopted the royals as my 2nd favorite team, I had no idea they could pull this off. KC goes for the sweep tomorrow. GO ROYALS!!!

The Yankees trail Detroit by 1/2 game for best record in the AL.

Comment

• Minor League playoffs

Staten Island won game 1 of their series 5-2 tonight, but Trenton was eliminated by Portland . Portland won 3 of 4 vs. Trenton. Tonight's game was won on a walkoff HR in the 10th inning.

Matsui went 1-3 with a Double and 2 BB in the 4-3 loss.

Congrats to Trenton for a strong season.

************************************************** *****************************

According to Suzyn Waldman on the Yankees WCBS postgame show, Torre said Giambi will miss Sunday and Monday's games vs. Baltimore after receiving another cortisone shot today.

Torre said that Matsui may be activated as soon as Sunday.

Comment

• http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...ext=.jsp&c_id= nyy

Matsui might play as soon as Monday
                By Mark Feinsand / MLB.com

BALTIMORE -- Hideki Matsui will rejoin the Yankees on Sunday and could be back in New York's lineup on Monday night.
                Matsui played his fourth and final game for Double-A Trenton on Saturday, as the Thunder fell to Portland, losing the first-round playoff series three games to one.

With Class A Staten Island left as the Yankees' only Minor League affiliate still in action, Joe Torre said Saturday that Matsui would rejoin the Yankees at Camden Yards sometimes Sunday, though he is not expected to be there in time for the game.

"Double-A is one thing, but Single-A is something else," said Torre, who discussed Matsui's status with general manager Brian Cashman. "He'll be here sometime tomorrow, so for sure, he'll be here for Monday's game."

In the four games with Trenton, Matsui went 3-for-11 (.273) with one double, one RBI, one run scored, six walks and two strikeouts.

Matsui hasn't played for the Yankees since May 11, when he fractured his left wrist while trying to make a sliding catch against the Red Sox. Matsui underwent surgery to repair his wrist, missing the past four months.

With Jason Giambi out until Tuesday after getting a second cortisone shot in his injured left wrist, Matsui could find himself starting Monday as the Yankees' designated hitter.

"I think we'd be tempted with Jason down for a couple of days," Torre said. "Why not give it a shot?"

Matsui had played in 518 consecutive games since joining the Yankees, bringing his total to 1,768 including his time in Japan. Matsui had never dealt with a major injury in his career, so no one knows how long it will take him to get his timing back when he returns.

"I don't think any of us know," Torre said. "He's never done this before, so he's liable to come in here, hit four line drives and be as ready as he can be."

Comment

• GOZIRRA returns!!! Love the news Bish. Keep up the great work! :clap:

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                    It got better..... MUCH better!!

Shealy doubled after the HR. Consecutive batters were HBP (AL leading 61 for boston pitchers )...................... and...................Andres Blanco doubled...... AND...... Manny booted the ball for an error, allowing Blanco to take 3rd as 3 runs scored.

Did I mention that David DeJesus and Mark Grudzielanek pulled off a Double Steal right before JEFF KEPPINGER's (Yeah, THE Jeff Keppinger ) 3- run shot??

KC wins not only this 3-game series, but the season series from boston. KC leads 5 games to 3 with 1 game left.

When I adopted the royals as my 2nd favorite team, I had no idea they could pull this off. KC goes for the sweep tomorrow. GO ROYALS!!!

The Yankees trail Detroit by 1/2 game for best record in the AL.

That's pathetic!

The Red Sox are now 59-65 against the AL this year.
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Assorted Yankee Stats:

The Yankees lead the league in Runs, with 791.

The Yankees are SECOND in the league in Hits, with 1392.

The Yankees lead the league in RBIs by 13 with 762.

The Yankees are TIED for the lead in batting avg at .285.

The Yankees LEAD the league in On Base percentage by .12 points at .364.

And, the Magic number is 12.
                      Last edited by RunYouOver; 09-10-2006, 08:43 AM.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Assorted Yankee Stats:

The Yankees lead the league in Runs, with 791.

The Yankees are SECOND in the league in Runs, with 1392.

The Yankees lead the league in RBIs by 13 with 762.

The Yankees are TIED for the lead in batting avg at .285.

The Yankees LEAD the league in On Base percentage by .12 points at .364.

And, the Magic number is 12.
                        I'm guessing the 2nd line is Hits.....

Good stuff. I wouldn't have guessed about the red sox AL record, either.
                        The Royals, by the way, are 15-9 in their last 24 games vs. teams with winning records. Buddy Bell is a very good manager. David Glass, however..... :idiot:

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                          I'm guessing the 2nd line is Hits.....

Good stuff. I wouldn't have guessed about the red sox AL record, either.
                          The Royals, by the way, are 15-9 in their last 24 games vs. teams with winning records. Buddy Bell is a very good manager. David Glass, however..... :idiot:

Looks to me like I wrote hits, not runs

Ok, Ok, my fault

Think there's ANY chance we see Hughes activated now that his season over?
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Think there's ANY chance we see Hughes activated now that his season over?
                            I'd like to see him brought up to watch the pennant drive unfold, but wouldn't pitch him under any circumstance. The Yankees' goal for him was 150 IP. Including his playoff start, he had 152 IP. He went far beyond any expectations I had for him this year.

Comment

• This doesn't make up for the Broncos dismal performance, but....

Yankees 9 Orioles 4. Our Magic # is 11.

Players of the game:
                              Jaret Wright : 6.1 IP 3 H 3 ER 2 BB 2 K 96 pitches. W (10-7)

Sal Fasano : 2-4 1 R 3 RBI HR (5th of the season....3-Run blast to dead CF)

Other Heroes:
                              JohnNY Damon: 1-4 2 R 1 BB. Damon has 106 Runs, 11 away from his 2005 total.

Melky Cabrera: 2-4 2 R 2 Doubles (22) 1 BB.

Derek Jeter : 2-4 1 R 4 RBI (91) Double (36) HR (13)

Bobby Abreu : 1-3 RBI (88) 1 BB (116)

Robbie Cano: 2-5 1 R Double (33)

Aaron Guiel : 1-3 1 R 1 BB

Nick Green : 1-4 1 R 1 RBI HR (2)

Brian Bruney: 14 pitches 4 outs. 0.93 ERA.

No Giambi, No A-Rod, No Posada...... NO PROBLEM!!!

Detroit trails 12-0 in the 8th...... meaning the team with the best record in the AL (barring a miracle) is..............................

THE NEW YORK YANKEES !!!!!

Comment

• Torre said that Hideki Matsui will join the team Tuesday in New York.

Mariano Rivera will be rested until after the series with the red sox. He is slowly making progress, but Torre doesn't want to risk him. According to the Orioles announcers, Rivera threw very well today off flat ground. He is scheduled to throw again Tuesday and pitch a BP session Thursday. Torre wants Rivera to throw 2 BP sessions before letting him pitch in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X