Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithbishop
    Torre said that Hideki Matsui will join the team Tuesday in New York.

Mariano Rivera will be rested until after the series with the red sox. He is slowly making progress, but Torre doesn't want to risk him. According to the Orioles announcers, Rivera threw very well today off flat ground. He is scheduled to throw again Tuesday and pitch a BP session Thursday. Torre wants Rivera to throw 2 BP sessions before letting him pitch in a game.
    congrats my friend Ny looks great.

As bad as yesterday was for Bronco fans, at least the Dodgers won
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• the Yankees are 30 games over .500!!! Magic # is 10.

Yankees 9 Orioles 6.

Player of the game:
      A-Rod: 3-5 2 R 2 RBI (107) HR (32). Not bad for his "worst season".

Other Heroes:
      RJ: Not a pretty line (6 IP 5 ER) but got the win (17-10)
      Jeter: 2-5 1 R.
      Abreu: 0-3 1 RBI 1 BB.
      JohnNY Damon: 1-3 1 R 1 RBI 2 BB.
      Jorge: 0-3 1 R 1 BB 1 HBP.
      Cano: 1-5 1 R 3 RBI. Double (34).
      Bernie: 1-4 1 R 1 RBI 1 BB.
      Aaron Guiel: 1-2 1 R 1 HBP.
      Melky: 1-4 1 R 1 RBI.
      Brian Bruney: 1 IP 0 H 0 BB 2 K 0.84 ERA.
      Mike Myers: 1/3 IP 0 H 0 BB 1 K.
      Kyle Farnsworth: 1 IP 1 H 2 K 0 BB 0 R. SV (4).

Bruney was released earlier this season by the D-Backs and has forced his way into a primary setup role. His fastball ranges from 95-98 MPH. He's only 24 and impresses me more each time I see him.

The lead over boston is 10.5 games.

IF Miguel Cairo was back in uniform for the 1st time in over a month.

The Yankees go back home tomorrow and, as Coolhand727 posted,

GOZIRRA returns!!!
      Last edited by keithbishop; 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Tonight was Torre's 1,068th win with the Yankees, moving him past Miller Huggins (Babe Ruth's manager) to 3rd on the Yankees all-time list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
          congrats my friend Ny looks great.

As bad as yesterday was for Bronco fans, at least the Dodgers won
          Thanks, Med.

Minnesota is about to pull within 1.5 games of Detroit in the AL Central. Do you think Detroit can hold their lead? I have doubts about the Tigers chances.

Chicago trails Detroit by 3 games.
          Last edited by keithbishop; 09-12-2006, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• It looks like Giambi will return to the lineup and play 1B tonight.

Comment

• 1st inning ....

1-2-3 14 pitch 1st for Moose in the top of the 1st.

Bottom of the 1st:
              Damon Singles/Steals 2B
              Jeter BB
              Abreu 3-Run BOMB. 3-0 Yankees
              A-Rod BB/Steals 2B
              Giambi FO
              Posada RBI Double. 4-0 Yankees
              Cano 1B.
              Matsui RBI 1B. 5-0 Yankees
              PITCHING CHANGE
              Melky 1B.
              Damon K.
              Jeter RBI BB. 6-0 Yankees
              Abreu 3-Run 2B. 9-0 Yankees
              A-Rod K.

If Abreu's 6 1st inning RBI aren't impressive enough, he made a sliding catch in the top of the 2nd to rob Ty Wigginton of a hit.

1-2-3 2nd for Moose.

Comment

• Magic # is 9 !!

Player of the Game--
                Bobby Abreu: 2-3 1 R 7 RBI (96) 2B (40) HR (11) Sac Fly. Abreu also flew out.... missing a Grand Slam by a couple of feet. 11 RBI would have been nice, but 7 works just fine.

Other Heroes--
                Moose: 6.1 IP 97 Pitches 0 R 5 H 0 BB 5 K. W (14-6).

JohnNY Damon: 1-4 1 R 1 SB(25) 1 BB.

Derek Jeter: 0-0 HBP 3 BB 3 R 1 RBI (92). His 21-game hitting streak is intact because he had no official AB's.

A-Rod 1-3 1 R 1 RBI 1 BB 1 SB (13).

Posada: 1-4 1 R 1 RBI 2B (22).

Cano: 1-4 1 R.

Melky: 1-4 2 R 1 BB. Melky was the only starter that played the entire game.

Giambi: 1-4 1 RBI (107) 1 2B (23).

Matsui: 4-4 1 BB. First game since May 11th.
                Last edited by keithbishop; 09-12-2006, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Yankees win 12-4....it was 12-0 until the 9th...they always blow the shutout

Whooo!!!

Magic # is 9!!!
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Well.............. the Yankees TV announcers said Jeter's hit streak was still alive because he didn't have an official AB, but the radio announcers say it ended when he was pulled from the game.

Torre told Jeter how sorry he was (the streak slipped his mind), but Jeter said " That's OK. I wouldn't have caught DiMaggio, anyways".

There's our leader.... there's our Captain.... humble to a fault.

Comment

• Top prospects Phil Hughes, J.B Cox and Tyler Clippard were in uniform with the Yankees today. None of them will be activated, but they are being allowed to get a feel for Yankee stadium, the pennant race, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                        Well.............. the Yankees TV announcers said Jeter's hit streak was still alive because he didn't have an official AB, but the radio announcers say it ended when he was pulled from the game.

Torre told Jeter how sorry he was (the streak slipped his mind), but Jeter said " That's OK. I wouldn't have caught DiMaggio, anyways".

There's our leader.... there's our Captain.... humble to a fault.

I thought they said since he didn't have an official at bat, it continued?
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
                          Heard the same thing.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Originally posted by RunYouOver
                            you are correct. he walked 3 times and got hit so he didnt have an official at bat so its intact

Comment

• I guess it is still going. Kaat said it was, but I wonder why Jeter and Torre made comments on it being over. This obviously isn't something that happens very often (3 BB and HBP in 4 plate appearances during a hitting streak).

That no one has even made it close to the record in years speaks volumes about Joe D.

Suzyn Waldman talked about Luis Castillo's (current Twins/ex-Marlins 2B) hitting streak a few years back. When his streak ended, he vented loudly about the pitches he was thrown in the game that ended it. Jeter certainly conducts himself in a more professional manner.
                              Last edited by keithbishop; 09-13-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• A sad farewell

My favorite announcer, Jim Kaat, is retiring after Friday's game.

I had a soft spot for Kaat, remembering him as a Yankee in my grade school days.
                                Kaat helped tutor Dave Righetti. Kaat had an excellent (and extremely long) playing career and was one of the best fielding pitchers of all time.

His analysis and stories during games are second to none. I like Ken Singleton, John Flaherty, Al Leiter and Paul O'Neill, but none of them can fill Jim "Kitty" Kaat's shoes.

Kaat was a rarity, a 4- decade player. His Major League debut was 8-2-1959. His last game was 7-1-1983.

For his career, he had:
                                4530.1 IP 283 W 237 L 18 SV and a 3.45 ERA. He was primarily a reliever from 1979-1983 (He started 14 games in 1980). He won Gold Gloves every season from 1962 through 1977.

Kaat's best season was 1966: 41 GS 25 W 13 L 19 CG 3 SHO 304.7 IP 55 BB 205 K 2.75 ERA.
                                Last edited by keithbishop; 09-13-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X