Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by LiquidBlue
    Ok, you're thinking about the future. Congratulations. Lets think about the present.

    But if you really want to think about the future, let's talk Papelbon and Pena.

    Well, I'm not worried about the present as the AL East will come to us shortly....Although I've already been suprised by their performance, I'm still not sure the Red Sox are going to stay strong this year...and the way Toronto's playing, they can't afford to slip up.

    I've got to give them credit though, they've played MUCH better than I thought they would, I just see them finishing around 86-90 wins, which I'm not sure will be enough to get by the Yankees and Blue Jays.

    I'll talk about the future though, and I know how good Papelbon and Pena are, so don't think I'm taking away from them.

    We've got, and don't forget, this is all what the Yankees have drafted and signed as undrafted free agents:

    MLB: Robinson Cano, 2B, he's 23 I think, and any other year would've been AL rookie of the Year, but Huston Street had an incredible year. Cano hit .296, with 70 something runs scored, 15 HRs about, I think 80 something RBIs.......not bad at all.

    SP Chien Mien Wang, not sure how old he is, but it's his second year, and I know he's young...still getting his stuff down, but I think he's 4-2 this year, and I believe he's pitching tonight.

    OF Melky Cabrera, he was called up briefly last year, hit over .380 in triple A this year before we called him up about a month ago. He's hitting about .315 for the Yankees so far, a very respectable average for about a month, has gotten used to playing right and left field, as opposed to just center, like he used to. He's very patient at the plate, and is a great contact hitter. I've seen him foul off 7+ pitches in an at bat twice this season already, and he's only 21

    OF Kevin Reese, just called up about a week ago, too early to tell, but he has two or three hits so far in about 9 at bats, so that's not bad, but it's too early to tell.

    RP Colter Bean, just called up two days ago, pitched very well in AAA.

    AAA: Hmmmm



    AA:

    Phillip Hughes, SP, this is a guy all the scouts love, he's only 19 years old, throws a few good pitches, and pitched very well in spring training with the Yankees. He's probably our top prospect right now.

    J Brent Cox, CL, was our top draft pick last year, pitched very well for Texas, and has an ERA under 2 so far for Trenton (AA)

    TJ Beam, RP, All I can say about him is how dominant he's been this year for AA. He's pitched nearly Fifty innings, and has an ERA of 0.26.

    A:

    OF Jose Tabata, he's only 17, but I think he's our second highest rated propsect behind Hughes. He's hitting over .350 with single A right now.


    I'm really excited about the Yankees future, Liquid Blue.......how about the Sox, besides Pena and Papelbon?
    Administrator

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
      Well, I'm not worried about the present as the AL East will come to us shortly....Although I've already been suprised by their performance, I'm still not sure the Red Sox are going to stay strong this year...and the way Toronto's playing, they can't afford to slip up.

      I've got to give them credit though, they've played MUCH better than I thought they would, I just see them finishing around 86-90 wins, which I'm not sure will be enough to get by the Yankees and Blue Jays.

      I'll talk about the future though, and I know how good Papelbon and Pena are, so don't think I'm taking away from them.

      We've got, and don't forget, this is all what the Yankees have drafted and signed as undrafted free agents:

      MLB: Robinson Cano, 2B, he's 23 I think, and any other year would've been AL rookie of the Year, but Huston Street had an incredible year. Cano hit .296, with 70 something runs scored, 15 HRs about, I think 80 something RBIs.......not bad at all.

      SP Chien Mien Wang, not sure how old he is, but it's his second year, and I know he's young...still getting his stuff down, but I think he's 4-2 this year, and I believe he's pitching tonight.

      OF Melky Cabrera, he was called up briefly last year, hit over .380 in triple A this year before we called him up about a month ago. He's hitting about .315 for the Yankees so far, a very respectable average for about a month, has gotten used to playing right and left field, as opposed to just center, like he used to. He's very patient at the plate, and is a great contact hitter. I've seen him foul off 7+ pitches in an at bat twice this season already, and he's only 21

      OF Kevin Reese, just called up about a week ago, too early to tell, but he has two or three hits so far in about 9 at bats, so that's not bad, but it's too early to tell.

      RP Colter Bean, just called up two days ago, pitched very well in AAA.

      AAA: Hmmmm



      AA:

      Phillip Hughes, SP, this is a guy all the scouts love, he's only 19 years old, throws a few good pitches, and pitched very well in spring training with the Yankees. He's probably our top prospect right now.

      J Brent Cox, CL, was our top draft pick last year, pitched very well for Texas, and has an ERA under 2 so far for Trenton (AA)

      TJ Beam, RP, All I can say about him is how dominant he's been this year for AA. He's pitched nearly Fifty innings, and has an ERA of 0.26.

      A:

      OF Jose Tabata, he's only 17, but I think he's our second highest rated propsect behind Hughes. He's hitting over .350 with single A right now.


      I'm really excited about the Yankees future, Liquid Blue.......how about the Sox, besides Pena and Papelbon?

      Yes, Cano is 23. Wang is 26. Melky is 21.
      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

      Comment


      • #93
        Well we've got the native Bostonian Manny Delcarmen, devastating curveball that will get you good, and I expect him to be pitching majors maybe even next year. He's already made some relief appearances and one start I believe.

        Lenny DiNardo, not much right now, but still developing, maybe a year or two to go. Weird way of throwing the ball almost side-armish that gets the first few batters.

        We had Hanley Ramirez, SS, a big prospect, great hitter, fast, good fielding, but traded away to the Marlins. Now he's doing some big things there starting I believe. Should have kept him as SS is a need of ours as of now.

        Craig Hansen. Good pitching prospect, don't have much analysis on him right now but I know he can throw hard.

        Adam Stern, OF, decent hitter, good glove.

        Those are just players that are in the minors that I think will come out.

        Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by LiquidBlue
          Well we've got the native Bostonian Manny Delcarmen, devastating curveball that will get you good, and I expect him to be pitching majors maybe even next year. He's already made some relief appearances and one start I believe.

          Lenny DiNardo, not much right now, but still developing, maybe a year or two to go. Weird way of throwing the ball almost side-armish that gets the first few batters.

          We had Hanley Ramirez, SS, a big prospect, great hitter, fast, good fielding, but traded away to the Marlins. Now he's doing some big things there starting I believe. Should have kept him as SS is a need of ours as of now.

          Craig Hansen. Good pitching prospect, don't have much analysis on him right now but I know he can throw hard.

          Adam Stern, OF, decent hitter, good glove.

          Those are just players that are in the minors that I think will come out.

          Yes, Hanley Ramirez is playing very, very well for the Marlins.

          Who'd you guys get in return for him? Beckett, right?
          Administrator

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            Yes, Hanley Ramirez is playing very, very well for the Marlins.

            Who'd you guys get in return for him? Beckett, right?
            And Lowell but I surely imagine we must have sent someone else for him? Can't figure who.

            But yes, he's playing amazingly well. I cannot believe we gave him up just like that. Surely they must have thought he had some future? I thought he did. We could really use him right now. Already 12 stolen bases. Coco Crisp had 20 2 seasons ago, and thats a whole season. Amazingly fast he is.
            Last edited by LiquidBlue; 05-22-2006, 03:03 PM.

            Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              And Lowell but I surely imagine we must have sent someone else for him? Can't figure who.
              Don't be so sure...the Marlins were trading anyone for a prospect

              At least they'll be amazing in like five years
              Administrator

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #97
                I also forgot about Dustan Mohr, of course great power there, almost like a young Mark McGwire.

                Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                -Kobe Bryant-

                Comment


                • #98
                  And so begins the Yankee-Red Sox game.


                  Also, begins Terrence Long's days with the Yankees.
                  Administrator

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Sheffield went 1 for 3, 1 single, 1 RBI (on a sac fly)...... word is that he may join the Yankees Tuesday.....

                    Pretty good night for Hughes: 6 IP 2 BB 5 H 5 K 3 ER. He retired the last 9 hitters he faced. He is in line for his 1st AA victory..... Thunder lead 7-4 and are threatening to score more in the 9th.
                    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by keithbishop
                      Sheffield went 1 for 3, 1 single, 1 RBI (on a sac fly)...... word is that he may join the Yankees Tuesday.....

                      Pretty good night for Hughes: 6 IP 2 BB 5 H 5 K 3 ER. He retired the last 9 hitters he faced. He is in line for his 1st AA victory..... Thunder lead 7-4 and are threatening to score more in the 9th.
                      Yeah, Hughes started off shaky but finished strong.

                      Sheffield started off strong and finshed decent.

                      Yankees didn't do to well tonight...oh well.

                      Colter Bean isn't doing that well right now
                      Administrator

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Wow. Just wow.

                        Right before A-Rod stepped up, I said.....I bet now, only because we're down 9-1, A-Rod will hit a homer, and I rolled my eyes.


                        That's a little rediculous.........

                        Now Posada hit a homer......
                        Administrator

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                          Yeah, Hughes started off shaky but finished strong.

                          Sheffield started off strong and finshed decent.

                          Yankees didn't do to well tonight...oh well.

                          Colter Bean isn't doing that well right now
                          According to the Thunder's radio announcer, the Yankees have announced that Sheffield will be activated for Tuesday's game vs. boston. Sheff said that he feels great after playing tonight.

                          Trenton won 7-4.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by keithbishop
                            According to the Thunder's radio announcer, the Yankees have announced that Sheffield will be activated for Tuesday's game vs. boston. Sheff said that he feels great after playing tonight.

                            Trenton won 7-4.
                            That's what they just said on the YES network....


                            Hey Keith.....how about a comeback??

                            We're always a little late when it comes to scoring runs against rivals.
                            Administrator

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Wow.

                              Keith Foulke sucks!
                              Administrator

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Damn.

                                Oh well.....Red Sox win 9-5.

                                Get 'em tomorrow Yankees!
                                Administrator

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X