• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
    Damn.

Oh well.....Red Sox win 9-5.

Get 'em tomorrow Yankees!
    Better than 9-1, but we still sucked tonight. Maybe they heard that Sheff is coming back before the bottom of the 9th .
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
      Better than 9-1, but we still sucked tonight. Maybe they heard that Sheff is coming back before the bottom of the 9th .

Yeah, I'm still happy though...I really like our farm system right now.....
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Wow.

Keith Foulke sucks!
        Just figure this out? Oh well I suppose this is why we have Papelbon.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
          Just figure this out? Oh well I suppose this is why we have Papelbon.
          Yeah, without Papelbon, every close game is in question.
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Jaret Wright vs. Tim Wakefield tonight.....

KB, do you know anything about Tabata's injury that's kept him out of the last few games?
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, without Papelbon, every close game is in question.
              Especially when Foulke pitches, he sucks

Bring up Craig Hansen

The Yanks need a medical staff to handle all the bad luck they have had lately.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Jaret Wright vs. Tim Wakefield tonight.....

KB, do you know anything about Tabata's injury that's kept him out of the last few games?
                They have a 7-day DL in the minors. I understand that he looked great in BP yesterday and is ready to be activated in the next few days. He was put on the DL (back sprain) as a precautionary measure only..... he COULD have played through it, but it wasn't worth risking further injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                  Especially when Foulke pitches, he sucks

Bring up Craig Hansen

The Yanks need a medical staff to handle all the bad luck they have had lately.
                  We'll trade you Eddie Guardado for Lester...straight up! Then you can have two old, busted up closers...

Comment

• Sheffield has officially been activated . Colter Bean was designated for assignment.

Comment

• Derek Jeter is officially four hits away from 2000.
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Ballgame over, Yankees win....THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!
                        Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• Geh. At least we had more hits, had a more efficient closer, and Robinson Cano had no hits.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Geh. At least we had more hits, had a more efficient closer, and Robinson Cano had no hits.
                            Papelbon did well, too.

And for ONCE, A-rod came through when needed, he had a great game.

See what a difference Sheffield makes.
                            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Geh. At least we had more hits, had a more efficient closer, and Robinson Cano had no hits.
                              LOL. Too bad moral victories don't count in the standings. That being said, isn't a 5-out save when the closer enters with 2 runners on more difficult than coming into a bases empty situation and earning a ....... Game Finished?? ..... I guess. The sox made it a tough game..... great rivalry.

It must have been a treat when the CF from your favorite sox team led off the game with a HR!!!

Let's see........... A-Rod CAN'T deliver big hits??
                              The red sox OWN Rivera??
                              2 myths that don't hold up under closer inspection.

Great job by Jaret Wright!! I'm still wondering why he wasn't left in for the 6th.
                              Another Save for THE GREATEST RELIEVER OF ALL TIME.

Nice job by the sox hitters to be patient enough to draw all those walks (that wasn't meant to be sarcastic...... I tend to credit the hitter for working a walk unless the pitcher is nowhere near the strike zone).
                              Manny and Ortiz generally make teams pay for walking the hiters that come up before them.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithbishop
                                LOL. Too bad moral victories don't count in the standings. That being said, isn't a 5-out save when the closer enters with 2 runners on more difficult than coming into a bases empty situation and earning a ....... Game Finished?? ..... I guess. The sox made it a tough game..... great rivalry.

It must have been a treat when the CF from your favorite sox team led off the game with a HR!!!

Let's see........... A-Rod CAN'T deliver big hits??
                                The red sox OWN Rivera??
                                2 myths that don't hold up under closer inspection.

Great job by Jaret Wright!! I'm still wondering why he wasn't left in for the 6th.
                                Another Save for THE GREATEST RELIEVER OF ALL TIME.

Nice job by the sox hitters to be patient enough to draw all those walks (that wasn't meant to be sarcastic...... I tend to credit the hitter for working a walk unless the pitcher is nowhere near the strike zone).
                                Manny and Ortiz generally make teams pay for walking the hiters that come up before them.

My presumption is that Wright was taken out for one of two reasons.

A) He's still coming off an injury, and they want to work him back slowly.

B) He got hit with a comebacker off the chest by the first batter of the game...it was cold, maybe it started to stiffen up.
                                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X