Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Empire Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by keithbishop
    LOL. Too bad moral victories don't count in the standings. That being said, isn't a 5-out save when the closer enters with 2 runners on more difficult than coming into a bases empty situation and earning a ....... Game Finished?? ..... I guess. The sox made it a tough game..... great rivalry.

    It must have been a treat when the CF from your favorite sox team led off the game with a HR!!!

    Let's see........... A-Rod CAN'T deliver big hits??
    The red sox OWN Rivera??
    2 myths that don't hold up under closer inspection.

    Great job by Jaret Wright!! I'm still wondering why he wasn't left in for the 6th.
    Another Save for THE GREATEST RELIEVER OF ALL TIME.

    Nice job by the sox hitters to be patient enough to draw all those walks (that wasn't meant to be sarcastic...... I tend to credit the hitter for working a walk unless the pitcher is nowhere near the strike zone).
    Manny and Ortiz generally make teams pay for walking the hiters that come up before them.
    A. I could be wrong but didn't we score a run on Rivera?
    B. Did you see Paps own Jeter and Sheffield?
    C. I never said A-Rod couldn't deliver big hits?? Although I do wonder about his sexual preferance and what he likes to drink...
    D. I never said we own Rivera?? I'm confused I'm sorry.

    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
      A. I could be wrong but didn't we score a run on Rivera?
      B. Did you see Paps own Jeter and Sheffield?
      C. I never said A-Rod couldn't deliver big hits?? Although I do wonder about his sexual preferance and what he likes to drink...
      D. I never said we own Rivera?? I'm confused I'm sorry.
      A) Not an earned one off of him, no.

      B) Papelbon's good....one at bat doesn't qualify as "owning" them though.

      C) I'm not even going to ask why you're questioning A-Rod's sexual preferance.....

      D) Of course you didn't....no one "owns" Rivera....
      Administrator

      sigpic

      Comment


      • By the way....Jeter's batting .352...and he's two hits away from 2000....
        Administrator

        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
          A) Not an earned one off of him, no.

          B) Papelbon's good....one at bat doesn't qualify as "owning" them though.

          C) I'm not even going to ask why you're questioning A-Rod's sexual preferance.....

          D) Of course you didn't....no one "owns" Rivera....

          A. Well we still scored the run while he was pitching, whether it was earned or not.
          B. It can qualify as owning them because they looked plain silly.
          C. Uhh have you seen the way he looks at Jeter and Johnny? Plus those lips. Lip gloss is it?
          D. Umm...last year we did yes.

          Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
          -Kobe Bryant-

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
            A. Well we still scored the run while he was pitching, whether it was earned or not.
            B. It can qualify as owning them because they looked plain silly.
            C. Uhh have you seen the way he looks at Jeter and Johnny? Plus those lips. Lip gloss is it?
            D. Umm...last year we did yes.
            A) Fine.

            B) 0-1 isn't a case of the pitcher owning the hitter.

            C) Go ahead and think what you want about A-Rod....why people pay attention to things like that is beyond me.....

            D) Over the course of his career, there's been no one better at the closer job than Rivera. He's also 12 saves away from 400 career....
            Administrator

            sigpic

            Comment


            • By the way, Lowell is batting .333, 6 homers and still leads the AL in doubles. Wily Mo is batting .327 with 4 homers. Youk is batting .311 and the little dude has 4 homers. And Beckett is batting a whopping .500 with a homer . And is that Papi already over the 40 RBI mark?

              Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
              RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
              Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
              -Kobe Bryant-

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                A. I could be wrong but didn't we score a run on Rivera?
                B. Did you see Paps own Jeter and Sheffield?
                C. I never said A-Rod couldn't deliver big hits?? Although I do wonder about his sexual preferance and what he likes to drink...
                D. I never said we own Rivera?? I'm confused I'm sorry.
                I never claimed you said any of those things.
                Did you see JARET WRIGHT own Manny and Ortiz ??

                I went as far as to credit the red sox hitters at the bottom of my post....... I despise the red sox, but I certainly respect them.
                Don't hold your breath waiting for me to pick apart a red sox victory as I praise the Yankees in a loss.

                Perhaps you haven't seen A-Rod's wife......... she is breathtaking. Questioning a player's sexual preference?? That's weak..... very, very weak.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by keithbishop
                  I never claimed you said any of those things.
                  Did you see JARET WRIGHT own Manny and Ortiz ??

                  I went as far as to credit the red sox hitters at the bottom of my post....... I despise the red sox, but I certainly respect them.
                  Don't hold your breath waiting for me to pick apart a red sox victory as I praise the Yankees in a loss.

                  Perhaps you haven't seen A-Rod's wife......... she is breathtaking. Questioning a player's sexual preference?? That's weak..... very, very weak.
                  Ever seen brokeback mountain? I guess you haven't. The two dudes were married to women and meeting each other and keeping it under the radar.

                  Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                  RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                  Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                  -Kobe Bryant-

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                    My presumption is that Wright was taken out for one of two reasons.

                    A) He's still coming off an injury, and they want to work him back slowly.

                    B) He got hit with a comebacker off the chest by the first batter of the game...it was cold, maybe it started to stiffen up.
                    Torre said Wright is hurt (groin injury).... that's why he didn't pitch the 6th. Posada was hurt as well and is questionable for tomorrow.
                    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                    R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                      Ever seen brokeback mountain? I guess you haven't. The two dudes were married to women and meeting each other and keeping it under the radar.
                      Thanks for the recommendation, but I'll stick to John Wayne and Clint Eastwood Westerns.

                      This is getting weaker by the moment. I've been very respectful when posting in the red sox nation thread, but "do what you gotta do" .

                      Good luck trying to pull my chain, Blue............. :wave: ...... it won't work, but knock yourself out..............
                      Last edited by keithbishop; 05-23-2006, 08:14 PM.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                      Comment


                      • According to the WCBS post-game show, the Yankees will bring up another pitcher tomorrow................please let it be Ramiro Mendoza!!!!
                        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                        R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                          Ever seen brokeback mountain? I guess you haven't. The two dudes were married to women and meeting each other and keeping it under the radar.
                          As good as it may have been, I'd prefer not to watch movies about gay cowboys.
                          Administrator

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by keithbishop
                            According to the WCBS post-game show, the Yankees will bring up another pitcher tomorrow................please let it be Ramiro Mendoza!!!!
                            Are you sure you want Mendoza. The last time I saw him he sucked real bad
                            NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                            Comment


                            • For all you Yankee fans, I hope RJ drills Ramirez in the ribs tonight after his display of showboating last night that jerk.
                              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                                For all you Yankee fans, I hope RJ drills Ramirez in the ribs tonight after his display of showboating last night that jerk.
                                What did Manny do? I just had the audio on. Was it a fielding showboat?

                                Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                                -Kobe Bryant-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X