The Official LA Dodger Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official LA Dodger Thread

We have an evil empire thread and Red Sox Nation Thread how about a Dodger thread.

To start they have been playing great winning 13 of 16 and have hit the crap out of the ball. I just hope it continues.

Now to list my all time favorite Dodgers'

1B Steve Garvey and Bill Buckner before his ankle was shattered
    2B Davy Lopes
    SS Alfredo Griffin and Bill Russell
    3B Ron Cey
    LF Pedro Guerrero
    CF Kirk Gibson and JD Drew
    RF Mike Marshall
    C Mike Scoicia and Paul LoDuca (never should have been traded IMHO)

SP Orel Hershiser
    SP Fernando Valenzuela
    SP Bob Welch
    SP Chan Ho Park (yes he was actually good when here )
    SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
    RP Jay Howell
    RP Terry Forester
    RP Charlie Hough

and to manage Tommy Lasorda

This was a fun list to do
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
    We have an evil empire thread and Red Sox Nation Thread how about a Dodger thread.

To start they have been playing great winning 13 of 16 and have hit the crap out of the ball. I just hope it continues.

2B Davy Lopes
    3B Ron Cey
    LF Pedro Guerrero
    RF Mike Marshall

SP Orel Hershiser
    SP Fernando Valenzuela
    SP Bob Welch
    SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
    RP Jay Howell
    RP Terry Forester
    RP Charlie Hough

Great players....especially the relief pitchers and air-tight infield defense. Fernando Valenzuela was amazing !!
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

2B Davy Lopes
      3B Ron Cey
      LF Pedro Guerrero
      RF Mike Marshall

SP Orel Hershiser
      SP Fernando Valenzuela
      SP Bob Welch
      SP Tim Belcher

RP Eric Gagne
      RP Jay Howell
      RP Terry Forester
      RP Charlie Hough

Come on Med. There's no need for a Dodger thread. I mean ESPNEWS doesn't even show the Dodger highlights but about half the time. Besides, I was starting to think MLB only had two teams. And we've already got threads for those teams.

I've only been a Dodger fan since '91 so all those guys like Gibson and Fernando and Ron Cey are kinda before "my time".

1B Eric Karros
      2B Delino DeShields & Eric Young
      SS Rafael Furcal (Sad, but we haven't had anyone good there since I became a fan)
      3B Adrian Beltre
      LF Mondesi (Although he should probably be in right...god he had a cannon)
      CF Brett Butler
      RF Darryl Strawberry (The reason I became a Dodger fan)
      C Paul LoDuca (Piazza is close but both should have never have been traded)

P Chan Ho Park (He was good while a Dodger)
      P Kevin Brown (I loved his red-ass attitude)
      P Ramon Martinez
      P Eric Gagne

Comment

Well since the thread's been made I'll throw in my 2 cents on the alltime team, both players I saw and, in a few noted cases, the legends Daddy and others told me about:

1B - Garvey
        2B - Lopes (obviously the alltime would be Jackie though)
        SS - Izturis (Vin Scully said he is the best fielding shortstop they've ever had)
        3B - Cey
        LF - Baker
        CF - Willie Davis (although obviously Duke Snyder would be king in an alltime team)
        RF - Gibson (he gave me my greatest thrill in sports on a cool night in 1988 so he has to be on here somewhere)
        C - Piazza (although Campy would probably nip him in an alltime list)
        SP - Sutton
        SP - Fernando
        SP - Welch (I don't think he was one of the best but he was fun)
        SP - Koufax (never saw him but Dad says he was the best ever for a relatively short period of time
        SP - Drysdale (see note on Sandy and add the words "second best")
        RP - Gagne
        RP - Steve Howe
        RP - Charlie Hough (remember this is a favorites list - seeing him "close" games with that knuckler was hilarious)

Comment

I have to say, this is the best thread on Broncomania.

Just letting you guys know I'm going to see them play tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon. They're coming to Montre...uh, I mean DC. It's pretty much my only opportunity unless I want to drive 4+ hours. So I just want to apologize ahead of time for ending their hot streak. It seems like every time I catch them they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete

Just letting you guys know I'm going to see them play tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon. They're coming to Montre...uh, I mean DC. It's pretty much my only opportunity unless I want to drive 4+ hours. So I just want to apologize ahead of time for ending their hot streak. It seems like every time I catch them they lose.
            Well, since they're a streaky team, maybe they'll turn it around and win for you!

I actually have been as streaky as them this year (meaning how they play when I go) - at the beginning of the year they lost every time I went and won when I gave the tix away. The last two homestands, however, they've won every time I've went! Of course they won every game on this homestand so that helped I guess!

So In-Com, are you going to be wearing a Dodger jersey? They sometimes show Dodger fans on the telecast from away games and I figure that won't be that many there so you might get shown if you do.

Comment

Good luck at the game and they are going to continue to win against the hapless Sens. Nomar is en fuego

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                Well, since they're a streaky team, maybe they'll turn it around and win for you!

I actually have been as streaky as them this year (meaning how they play when I go) - at the beginning of the year they lost every time I went and won when I gave the tix away. The last two homestands, however, they've won every time I've went! Of course they won every game on this homestand so that helped I guess!

So In-Com, are you going to be wearing a Dodger jersey? They sometimes show Dodger fans on the telecast from away games and I figure that won't be that many there so you might get shown if you do.
                I don't have a jersey. I've got about 8 Dodger shirts and about that many hats, but I've never invested in a jersey. It seems like we have alot of turnover and I haven't really been confident in spending that much on a jersey when I don't know how long someone will be around. But I've got two of those T-shirts with the name and number on the back though. One's Milton Bradley (can't wear that one) and the other's Gagne which I plan on wearing tomorrow. I was planning on buying a J.D. Drew one, but put it off and never got around to it.

Comment

It seems like we have alot of turnover and I haven't really been confident in spending that much on a jersey when I don't know how long someone will be around.
                  I feel the same way, especially with those prices! That's why when I bought mine years ago (it was the year they went back to the scripted "Los Angeles" on their gray away jerseys) I purposely didn't get anything on the back. The only time I would get a player's name on the back would be if I got a guy who was an alltime great or something (like my Rod Smith jersey).

As for tomorrow, if you wear your Dodger hat you may get on. Stand up and scream like crazy when Nomar or Drew belt one out and I'll look for you!

Comment

I feel the same way, especially with those prices! That's why when I bought mine years ago (it was the year they went back to the scripted "Los Angeles" on their gray away jerseys) I purposely didn't get anything on the back. The only time I would get a player's name on the back would be if I got a guy who was an alltime great or something (like my Rod Smith jersey).

As for tomorrow, if you wear your Dodger hat you may get on. Stand up and scream like crazy when Nomar or Drew belt one out and I'll look for you!
                    I will look for you on ESPNews as I do not get the games.

As long as they win. I will wear my Dodger had as a Tribute. (I have no jerseys I only have a Dodger T shirt which is cool)

Comment

I'll probably be wearing my "blue Boston hat" as one of my friends calls it. But it looks goofy if I wear it normal so it'll be turned around backwards.

I will look for you on ESPNews as I do not get the games.

As long as they win. I will wear my Dodger had as a Tribute. (I have no jerseys I only have a Dodger T shirt which is cool)
                      ESPNEWS They seem to only show Dodger highlights about half the time. I get up a half hour early every morning to see some highlights, but it's about 50/50. Unless they're playing the Cards or Giants or Mets. I've pretty much given up on Sportcenter because they don't show the box score.

Comment

I'll probably be wearing my "blue Boston hat" as one of my friends calls it. But it looks goofy if I wear it normal so it'll be turned around backwards.

ESPNEWS They seem to only show Dodger highlights about half the time. I get up a half hour early every morning to see some highlights, but it's about 50/50. Unless they're playing the Cards or Giants or Mets. I've pretty much given up on Sportcenter because they don't show the box score.
                        Make sure you wear your blue Boston hat.

I hope to see you on FSN Prime ticket. I have the LA station that shows the highlights after the game at 1 am. That is why I forgot to list it earlier.

Comment

Make sure you wear your blue Boston hat.

I hope to see you on FSN Prime ticket. I have the LA station that shows the highlights after the game at 1 am. That is why I forgot to list it earlier.
                          He told me that today but he knows it's a Dodger hat. You'd be surprised how many people don't. They'll say something like "Nice hat man. GO SAWKS!" When I tell them it's a Dodger hat they can't believe it. I'd say I've gotten atleast a half dozen compliments like that. You'd think if they were Red Sox fans they'd know it wasn't a Red Sox hat.

I dropped my sports package once the Sopranos came on so I don't have that channel anymore. But in 2-3 weeks I'll pick it up again. Mainly for FSN Rocky Mntn though. Broncos first, Dodgers second. That's how I roll.

Comment

Mainly for FSN Rocky Mntn though. Broncos first, Dodgers second. That's how I roll.
                            OK I know this is the Dodger thread but I have to whine a little - I don't have DirecTV at my new place so I can't get FSN Rocky Mountain like I did last year. This football season I'm MAJOR going to miss it!

Comment

The Sox have the Curse of the Bambino, the Cubs have their goat, and now we have The Curse of In-com! Did we get smoked tonight or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X