The 2022 Fantasy Football Smackdown League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I love keeper leagues but if managers don't return year after year it just doesn't make sense. Just keeping it as a re-draft every year is probably the way to go. I'm good with the 4th
    Thx bud!

Comment

Hey! Sorry I'm enjoying a new promotion with damn near half the company leaving for jobs that offer 100% work from home options. I'm seeing emails come through for fantasy leagues so I have some catching up to do but with all that said, I'm in this year!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Hey! Sorry I'm enjoying a new promotion with damn near half the company leaving for jobs that offer 100% work from home options. I'm seeing emails come through for fantasy leagues so I have some catching up to do but with all that said, I'm in this year!
        Good to hear from you!!

Comment

DevilSpawn - What Happens In Vegas
          JvDub95 - Mean Machine
          Danzler88 - Kamaravirus (League Champ)

broncos SB2010 - Going Long
          CanDB - We The North
          BroncosDivision - Danish Bronco

beastlyskronk - Something or Another
          dipablo - Lock and Load
          taz1458 - Mile High Salute
          Thors Hammer - Legion of Doom
          Ringo56 - Miller Highlife

OK gang, we're now at 11, which means we just have to find one new manager. Again, if you know someone who would like to join us, preferably from BCMB, let me know.

Good stuff!!!

Comment

Well, I absolutely would love to keep playing but if you can't find another I'd be willing to step down and you could just play it as a 10 man. Looking like it's going to be hard to fill positions. Almost all the formal leagues need players too

Comment

Well, I absolutely would love to keep playing but if you can't find another I'd be willing to step down and you could just play it as a 10 man. Looking like it's going to be hard to fill positions. Almost all the formal leagues need players too
              I appreciate the gesture Jv, but we want you back. If for some reason it goes different this year, and no one else comes forward, I will get in touch with you. But each year FFers seem to show up with enthusiasm, about now. So I expect us to form a solid 12 team league once again.

But thanks just the same.

Comment

If anything I would step down. I’m not sure if the ship is going to block fantasy football sites or not, but if they do I’d only have access during port visits where I have cell service. As much as I’d like to keep my spot, I’d rather the league be filled with people actually able to play.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

If anything I would step down. I’m not sure if the ship is going to block fantasy football sites or not, but if they do I’d only have access during port visits where I have cell service. As much as I’d like to keep my spot, I’d rather the league be filled with people actually able to play.
                  If you feel like you are going to have difficulty playing, I don't want you to be disadvantaged. It's tough for me to hastily move on without you, and odds are we will fill our league, which means no one should have to leave. But it does bother me that any player we have has to play on a different playing field (ship) of any sort.

I do understand your situation and why you might sit out this year. If your gut feeling is that you should take this year off, I think we have to respect that.

Comment

So far the following bolded folks are fine with Sunday, September 4th for our draft. I believe they are good with starting somewhere between noon to 2 pm Central time, though that could be moved a little.

DevilSpawn - Turd Ferguson
                    JvDub95 - Mean Machine
                    Danzler88 - Super Kamario
                    CanDB - We The North
                    BroncosDivision - Danish Bronco (2021 League Champ)

dipablo - Judge Jeudy

Love to hear back from Devil, and Ringo!

Last edited by CanDB; 08-13-2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

While awaiting 3 folks to respond, I would like to suggest we plan to conduct our draft on Sunday, September 4th, at 2 pm Central Time (3 pm ET, 1 pm MT).

I will continue to monitor feedback in the meantime, hoping this works best for all.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        While awaiting 3 folks to respond, I would like to suggest we plan to conduct our draft on Sunday, September 4th, at 2 pm Central Time (3 pm ET, 1 pm MT).

I will continue to monitor feedback in the meantime, hoping this works best for all.
                        I'm good with this.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post

I'm good with this.

Comment

SPECIAL UPDATE: Glad to announce that mark222b has joined our league, which gets us back to 12 teams.

As for the Draft, I've heard back from all but Ringo, and the 11 of us are good to go, Sunday, September 4th at 2 pm CT / 1 pm MT. I would like to book that time/date asap.

Smackdown League (2022)

DevilSpawn - CeeDeez Nutz
                            JvDub95 - Mean Machine
                            Danzler88 - Super Kamario
                            CanDB - We The North
                            BroncosDivision - Danish Bronco (2021 League Champ)
                            dipablo - Judge Jeudy

mark222b - Squib Kick n Slobber Knockers

Love to hear back from Ringo!

(I'll post this in the league email list as well)
                            Last edited by CanDB; 08-16-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I know that random draft order will be set 30 min before the draft starts. We won't know where we draft until the room opens.

I'm always one who likes to know the position before we draft so I'm ok with CanDB manually setting the draft order. Whether it's pulling names out of a hat or bingo balls or whatever style of random picking

Comment

I know that random draft order will be set 30 min before the draft starts. We won't know where we draft until the room opens.

I'm always one who likes to know the position before we draft so I'm ok with CanDB manually setting the draft order. Whether it's pulling names out of a hat or bingo balls or whatever style of random picking
                                Hey Jv, per our discussion about setting draft order, have you ever let NFL.com randomize the draft order well in advance of the draft, instead of picking names from a hat, or waiting til 30 minutes ahead?

Comment

Working...
                                X