My Royal Drawing (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Royal Drawing (Updated)

I'm terrible at drawing faces, so I left it blank. It's kinda fuzzy since it's a cell phone pic but it will definitely be worked on. I want it to be perfect so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think:salute!:

Originally posted by darth-hideous
    Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
    Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

I am not an artist but I think it looks good. Keep up the great work!:salute!:

Comment

The face looks nothing like his........

j/k, pretty good! :salute!:
      sigpic

Comment

I think its great, only thing i can throw in is the face mask needs some work on the NE corner, or upper right looking at it....Keep up the good work.....
        Heres some of my work...

Champ Bringing in a ball

A picture of me and my belated brother....BRONCOS FOR LIFE D$

My personal fav... THE MAN
        sigpic

Comment

i think its really good. like said above, the facemask and helment could use a lil work.
          but great job keep it up:salute!:
          "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
          R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

hahaha great job! actually would look somewhat real if colored well and everything facial was added
            A Proud Avalanche fan and Bronco fan...hell Colorado fan!

By the way I'll PM whenever I want you ****ing arrogant ****, theres not much you can do other than ignore it. And Nice play for sympathy with the dead parents card, I really dont care if they're rotting in hell or not.--SuperBolts08 (an unsolicited PM to a Bronco fan)

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
              I'm terrible at drawing faces, so I left it blank. It's kinda fuzzy since it's a cell phone pic but it will definitely be worked on. I want it to be perfect so suggestions are greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think:salute!:

Ok.. I think you are doing a GREAT job as a beginning artist... and truly recommend you keeping up the good work. So I'm going to give you some advice, but I want you to know that I'm not putting down ANYTHING that you have done at all, and only offering up my words of advice to help you out.

Its very common for beginning graphite artists to keep everything within a single 'shade' of greys. As a result, the drawing loses a bit of 'drama' that graphite (any black/white medium.. such as charcoal or photography) needs in order to enhance the interest.

Identify some of the darker area's of the jersey, within the deeper recesses of the wrinkiles.. around the collar.. under the arms (like you did to the right of the drawing) and get darker.. that will build not ONLY the dark areas, but will enhance the white and lighter areas as well simply by contrast. The darker the blacks, the whiter the whit looks.. as well as the lighter greys and so on.

As a result of this, your facemask is REALLy standing out because its so dark in comparison to everything else around it.

Now... using your darker shades... think to yourself that you are intentionally EXAGGERATING the shades of the dark areas.... if they feel they are just a BIT too dark when you do it, then you probably have it about right.

since there is a bit of "wash" over certain areas... the arm on the left (Royal's right arm) looks short and out of proportion. Its probably bent, right? But it doesn't look it because of the light shading throughout the arm.

Also.. I'm going ot assume that one of the shoulders is closer to us (the viewer) than the other.. right? so one should be much darker, and the other lighter to give that sense of depth. The shoulder on "our" right looks to be further away... darken it and that side of the wrinkles and underarm..shoulder..side of neck and helmet...collar...etc.

FACES: I know they are intimidating. But remember... a face is just planes of lights and darks like any round, flat, and wrinkled object that you draw. You can shade wrinkles.. you can shade a face. Try turning the pick you are copying, and your drawing, upside down and then shade what you see. I bet you will be amazed at how good you do once your mind can't really try to distinguish what you are drawing, and just folllows the shades as your eye sees it.

:Thumb: Great work. Keep it up and keep working on wht you got going

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                I am not an artist but I think it looks good. Keep up the great work!:salute!:
                Thanks, It looks a lot better in person and I wish my scanner hadn't broken or else it would've been easier to see.

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                The face looks nothing like his........

j/k, pretty good! :salute!:
                Ha ha ha thank you...

Originally posted by IPICKEDYOUOFF View Post
                I think its great, only thing i can throw in is the face mask needs some work on the NE corner, or upper right looking at it....Keep up the good work.....
                Heres some of my work...
                Thank you. I'm glad i'm getting some feedback cause I really want to make it better. I like your stuff too, great job!:salute!:

Originally posted by CJ_5256 View Post
                i think its really good. like said above, the facemask and helment could use a lil work.
                but great job keep it up:salute!:
                Yeah I was thinking about using a visor because I'm not YET good at faces so we'll see how that goes.

Originally posted by Go Avalanche View Post
                hahaha great job! actually would look somewhat real if colored well and everything facial was added
                I agree. I wish I knew how to add color yet keep it looking realistic with all the detail.
                Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.

Comment

looks good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    since there is a bit of "wash" over certain areas... the arm on the left (Royal's right arm) looks short and out of proportion. Its probably bent, right? But it doesn't look it because of the light shading throughout the arm.

Also.. I'm going to assume that one of the shoulders is closer to us (the viewer) than the other.. right? so one should be much darker, and the other lighter to give that sense of depth. The shoulder on "our" right looks to be further away... darken it and that side of the wrinkles and underarm..shoulder..side of neck and helmet...collar...etc.

FACES: I know they are intimidating. But remember... a face is just planes of lights and darks like any round, flat, and wrinkled object that you draw. You can shade wrinkles.. you can shade a face. Try turning the pick you are copying, and your drawing, upside down and then shade what you see. I bet you will be amazed at how good you do once your mind can't really try to distinguish what you are drawing, and just folllows the shades as your eye sees it.

:Thumb: Great work. Keep it up and keep working on wht you got going
                    You are right on both accounts. My trouble is distinguishing an arm that is bent to an arm that looks just shorter with my drawings. For me I can tell it's bent because I drew it and because (of course ha) I looked at the picture. But when other people barely can see the difference, that's when I realize I have a problem and need some improving to do. I really appreciate your help and I will try to improve upon it and probably PM you the result or bump this thread with the fixed one within.

CP to you all who took the time to either help me with some tips or just those who took the time to open the thread to begin with.:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                      You are right on both accounts. My trouble is distinguishing an arm that is bent to an arm that looks just shorter with my drawings. For me I can tell it's bent because I drew it and because (of course ha) I looked at the picture. But when other people barely can see the difference, that's when I realize I have a problem and need some improving to do. I really appreciate your help and I will try to improve upon it and probably PM you the result or bump this thread with the fixed one within.

CP to you all who took the time to either help me with some tips or just those who took the time to open the thread to begin with.:salute!:
                      Just hold your arm up... and look at how the light hits it and how a shadow 'SHOULD' be... sometimes you can't see it with your eye due to the shade of the skin or whatever... so you have to intentionally exaggerate and put shadows where you believe they "should" be... or exaggerate the ones you know are there.

Comment

9/10 things you have suggested have been a problem for me so I will put these tips to good use. I definitely need to try the face thing because that's probably my weakest point.

Comment

Yeah, see now when you compare it to that, my weaknesses REALLY stand out. Will definitely strive for improvement.

Comment

:salute!: to all of them! I can't draw to save my life.
                            BRONCOPOWER

Comment

Originally posted by broncofreak5624 View Post
                              :salute!: to all of them! I can't draw to save my life.
                              It sucks, I cant draw either.

But That drawing is really great.

I know a kid that can draw just about anything, too bad he waste it on drawing sexual images.

Comment

Working...
                              X