Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which programs are the best for making Sigs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which programs are the best for making Sigs???

Ive always used McSmashie for my sigs, hes got it down to a science. There are a few other sig makers here that I enjoy. What programs do you guys use when making them?? Thanks in advance for the help.
    sigpic

I know a lot of guys use PhotoShop. I use PS for my photography but have yet to delve into the graphic design type stuff. I will say this, I have PS CS4 which is a newer version of PS and I will probably never use all of it's abilities. It is an amazing program.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
      I know a lot of guys use PhotoShop. I use PS for my photography but have yet to delve into the graphic design type stuff. I will say this, I have PS CS4 which is a newer version of PS and I will probably never use all of it's abilities. It is an amazing program.
      Nice, Im definitley not big on this type of stuff either.

Im gonna download PS4 right now, thanks bud.
      sigpic

Comment

The two most popular programs are photoshop and gimp. Photoshop cost money and gimp is free.

Personally, I use photoshop cs4. Its great.

If you need help let me know.
        Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
          The two most popular programs are photoshop and gimp. Photoshop cost money and gimp is free.

Personally, I use photoshop cs4. Its great.

If you need help let me know.
          I have never understood how to "cut" the players out and post them to a new background.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            I have never understood how to "cut" the players out and post them to a new background.
            Theres like 10 ways to do that.

My favorite is to use the lasso tool freehand and trace out the images background and delete it little by little. also you could use the eraser tool.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post

My favorite is to use the lasso tool freehand and trace out the images background and delete it little by little. also you could use the eraser tool.
              I personally use the rigid lasso tool and go slowly

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post

I have tried both of those but could not get it to work. I think my problem is I use a laptop.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

Usually a draw an ellipse around the player and select inverse and delete everything. Then I use the lasso tool to select around them. It's time consuming but it will get you the best results.

If I find a quicker and easier way I will let you know.
                  Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

CS4 has a pretty awesome background eraser tool.

Comment

Polygonal lasso tool mixed is the most effective way to cut players out with the refine edges button.

At least for me.

Comment

Thank you all for your responces, I will try a couple different things.

sigpic

Comment

My way is probably the longest, i use the pen tool and make my way around the player. You have to zoom in like 300 or 400% and it takes about a billion click of the mouse but i like the outcome.

So did you end up getting PS?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                            My way is probably the longest, i use the pen tool and make my way around the player. You have to zoom in like 300 or 400% and it takes about a billion click of the mouse but i like the outcome.

So did you end up getting PS?
                            No not yet, I started to download it and something on my computer went nutty and didnt, I should though ya think??
                            sigpic

Comment

Might as well go with the best, although gimp is free and you can download it safe if ya know what i mean.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X