Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Of The Best Damn Games I've Senn EVER Period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess you agree with everything else

I'm in NY watching the game on SopCast, so maybe that explains Crowder, but I definitely thought I saw Foxy playing.

- Ian
    I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
    Official Member of Team:
    Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      A seriously fantastic win, an amazing/entertaining game to watch. This is why I love the Broncos, it's funny, always as if Shannahan does it on purpose. The Broncos won their first opening game in the last three years, here's to 15 more, just like that.

- Ian

Pluses this game:
      Travis Henry (though we knew that already)
      Daniel Graham (ditto)
      Brandon Marshall (doing what we expected him to do, even when he's blocking, we have such a great player on our hands)
      Selvin Young (playing like a vet, thinking like a vet)
      Javon Walker (he's stepped into Rod Smith's shoes very nicely)
      Offensive Line (battered and bruised, they held their own)
      Cecil Sapp (someone was blocking for Travis Henry, I assume)
      Jay Cutler (though he looked shook at sometimes, he was damn near perfect when he needed to be)
      Brandon Stokley (I picked him up in at least two of my fantasy leagues)
      Defensive Line/Defense as a whole
      Simeon Rice (wow, I love this guy already, I really thought he had lost a step, can't wait to see him for the rest of the season)
      DJ Williams (what a great idea, pushing him over)
      Nate Webster (given the limelight, he shined all over us)
      Champ Bailey/'Dre Bly (Lee Evans, 5 yards, really? We're THAT good?)
      John Lynch (I know I heard Lynch a lot that game, but a lot of the times I was happy about it)
      Sam Adams (Same as Simeon Rice, this guy's got at least 3 or 4 years left in him for sure)
      Elvis Dummervil (Thanks for not being a one season wonder)
      Jim Bates (Thank God, the preseason wasn't what we should have expected. I'm not ready to call him a genius yet, but I'm pacing the cage waiting to say it)
      Mike Shannahan (after this many seasons, he's still got at least One Super Bowl season left in him)

Minuses this game:
      Jason Elam (I debated, because he came through when it counted, but you know what? We shouldn't have been there in the first place, he barely made one of his kicks, and he missed two that 5 years ago we wouldn't even have been worried about)
      Domenik Hixon (Sure you gave that dude a heart attack, but he got just as good of a lick in as you did. You need to do better, I know it's Special Teams as a whole, but on Punt Returns you're the man, you're the Quarter Back)
      Champ Bailey (a foot between what happened and Lee Evans going for an 80 yard touch down. Why wasn't that your first INT of the season? You got beat, bad)
      Jay Cutler (rookie mistakes, that's what they're called in your first season. In your second season, that's not what they're called. Though overall I'm proud he's doing so well so early)
      Ian Gold (where the hell were you?)
      Todd Saurbren (really? you don't want to put it through the goal posts on kick offs? The guy that they cut could...)
      Nick Ferguson (They didn't draft a Safety for a reason, let's see more of a reason why)
      Dominique Foxworth (You're a number 3, you're capable of starting on any other team that doesn't have the two best Corner Backs in the NFL. Couldn't you be a head hunter on Special Teams? Seriously, f- someone up)
      Jarvis Moss/Tim Crowder (You have two of the best players currently in the NFL on the side of you, it's your time to shine. Where were you guys?)
      Amon Gordon (There's got to be a reason you're starting)

Overall though, having conversations so far, I am so happy with the Broncos. We are capable of beating absolutely any/everyone. The cards are all in our favor and we just won one that I wasn't expecting us to win. Not that the Bills were a better team, but normally and according to the last two seasons, we're not ready by the first game to compete. Generally, teams hold nothing back, and we're the deer in the head lights. Not today though, this game is the closest the Bills will get to being a Super Bowl team this year.

- Ian

I seriously disagree with a couple of your minuses:

Jay Cutler: Sure he had some shaky moments, he's young and learning, get used to it, Elway made lots of mistakes too. But geez, the guy threw for 304 yards, so I would call that a good day.....

Jason Elam: Two missed FG's---first one, bad snap, off to the right, next one, off to the left, looks to me like he may have tried to adjust too much for the last snap. But again, he just won the game for us on a VERY last second FG, and was only given 10 seconds to do it, which would probably be a record if they kept a stat on it. I have never seen a team get a FG off with only ten seconds to do it, AMAZING!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
        I seriously disagree with a couple of your minuses:

Jay Cutler: Sure he had some shaky moments, he's young and learning, get used to it, Elway made lots of mistakes too. But geez, the guy threw for 304 yards, so I would call that a good day.....

Jason Elam: Two missed FG's---first one, bad snap, off to the right, next one, off to the left, looks to me like he may have tried to adjust too much for the last snap. But again, he just won the game for us on a VERY last second FG, and was only given 10 seconds to do it, which would probably be a record if they kept a stat on it. I have never seen a team get a FG off with only ten seconds to do it, AMAZING!!
        I had Jay Cutler as a plus as well, but like I said, QB's they only get two or three seasons in this league, before they get the bump. (See our own Patrick Ramsey). That means Jay Cutler is a couple games away from being half way through his try out period. In no way do I expect him to be a bad player, in fact, I expect him to be one of the Greatest Quarterbacks of all time. Comparing him to John Elway is not fair, because as he said, he's not John Elway. I think it's more fair to compare him to Peyton Manning, because John Elway never had these types of expectations on his shoulders. 300 yards is great, it's also the absolute least a QB can throw for in order to be considered a great game. I'm not one to be happy with absolute minimums, he's not an absolute minimum QB.

As for Jason Elam, as I clearly stated, he came off with an incredible kick, but he had two that went wide right and wide left. The problem I had is that he also had one that barely went in, it was a "dinger". He's in what, his 15th year? That's stuff you would expect from a 5th or 6th year Kicker. He's quite possibly the greatest Kicker of all time, act like it. The greatest Kicker of all time goes five for five, not three for five. Going a bit deeper into what I said, had he made either one of those missed kicks, we would have already had the lead and it would have been the Bills biting their nails at the end instead of us.

- Ian

- Ian
        I am Ian from BroncoTalk.net
        Official Member of Team:
        Champ Bailey and Lance Ball.

Comment

I agree completly!!!

Def. one of the best endings I have ever seen! I am still so darn excited!! I swear I was sitting on the edge of my seat..could not sit still for the life of me.. just waiting..screaming at my t.v for them to hike it.. and then Jumping around like a mad person just thrilled!!!!!

I lost my voice just a little

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
            Wow is all I can say I know we looked a little shaky early but we ended the game like the Colts seem to. The only game that can compare is the game against NE in the Divisional playoffs but wow I just can't even speak right now share your thoughts....
            I totally agree!! Great Win... "Never let'em see ya sweat"...

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
              I agree completly!!!

Def. one of the best endings I have ever seen! I am still so darn excited!! I swear I was sitting on the edge of my seat..could not sit still for the life of me.. just waiting..screaming at my t.v for them to hike it.. and then Jumping around like a mad person just thrilled!!!!!

I lost my voice just a little
              Oh my Gosh...same here!! My husband, son and I were like screaming
              and yelling hurry up... It was crazy!! Monday's are not fun at
              work... if my Broncos don't win...(especially living in Cowboy Country)..
              What a great start to the season!! out!

Comment

Ian, I thought Gordon did OK...I LOVED the hit he laid on Marshawn over on the right side of the D, right out of bounds after Bly slowed him down..Awesome! If you watch that play, Gordon chased Lynch down all the way across the field...I think the run D did just fine today (DT's holding up the line, so apparently we'll NEVER see Gordon or Adams with impressive stats, while the LB's make the tackles)

Comment

Great game IMHO also. Shanny sure knows how to raise the 911 call volume in Colorado with that ultra-balls-to-the-wall FG call at the end.
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                    Calm down there Captain Scrooge.

Cant we be happy for 2 days over a great win??

I agree that we didnt clinch the playoffs with this win but it was still an amazing game.

I'm glad I taped it on My DVR so I can go back and watch it.

Wow. Now all the times people called me it feels a little bit better now.

Great win and wow.
                    LMAO @ Captain Scrooge, lol. Yeah it was a good win, I agree but to say we look like the Colts. We will continue to get better I believe that. The competition coming up over the next couple of weeks should help this Offense/Team build some more confidence.
                    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                      LMAO @ Captain Scrooge, lol. Yeah it was a good win, I agree but to say we look like the Colts. We will continue to get better I believe that. The competition coming up over the next couple of weeks should help this Offense/Team build some more confidence.
                      yea just messing with you buddy.

The next few weeks will either help our confidence or shatter them.
                      But I hope it helps.

The win vs the Bills was good but by Tuesday I start thinking about the next game. I'm only happy with a win for about 2 days then its time to move on. And yea we look nowhere as good as the Colts. They are in midseason form already. I cant wait for that week 4 showdown. But I hope we score more points. We can move the ball but cant punch it in.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud View Post
                        It was a good win. But simmer down. These next few games should be w's I think we will really see whwre we stand during week 5
                        Never take a win for granted! The Bills played us tough. So no win is guaranteed!

----------------------------------------------
                        I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Working...
                        X