Why NOT spike it? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why NOT spike it? (Merged)

On the last pass to Walker it was a first down! With 14 seconds left why didn't we just spike the ball instead of the crazy fire drill ending? My heart can't take this!

Yes, the lack of a spike was silly... but I guess it worked out!

Comment

I was wondering the same thing... i was about to pee my pants when they snapped it with like 1 second left >_<

Comment

Who knows, and really, who cares.

We got the win and that's all that matters.
        sigpic

Comment

I think Shanny wanted to put Elam on the spot to be honest, Elam is a great pressure kicker. I think it was one of Shanny's mind games.

Comment

Honestly don't know why but I'm sort of happy we didn't because then the Bills would've called a timeout, Elam's head would be going absolutely bonkers because it's the game winning FG and he's missed 2 before that so not thinking and letting instinct kick in won us the game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by markman07 View Post
              On the last pass to Walker it was a first down! With 14 seconds left why didn't we just spike the ball instead of the crazy fire drill ending? My heart can't take this!
              After the Game on 850KOA Mike said he couldnt becuase it was 4th and 1. So even if it was not 4th and 1 Mike thought it was and didnt really have time to evaluate it.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I was saying Spike it like a thousand times and I saw them running the FG Unit out there and was like Please dont rush it. Then the Announcers said they didnt think we were going to get it off.

But what a crazy win.

Wow.

Comment

Maybe we weren't sure if we got the first?

Tha'ts the only viable one I can think of.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                    After the Game on 850KOA Mike said he couldnt becuase it was 4th and 1. So even if it was not 4th and 1 Mike thought it was and didnt really have time to evaluate it.
                    Okay that explains it...whew Im still buzzing from the win.

Comment

A finely oiled FG team

I was so sure a spike was next. How on earth did they do it in time and not have a penalty. Greatly organized players on the FG team to get it off. Great job!!! Though, please spike it next time is all I can say.
                      Last edited by BaileyBurns; 09-09-2007, 01:53 PM.

Comment

After thinking about it, i think it makes sense. If we spiked it the clock would stop, and then the Bills would probably call a time out to ice him. So he would keep thinking about it and especially after missing 2 already. But forcing him out there didn't give him the time ti think about it, all he had to do was get a kick off. At first I was confused but now I like the idea. It actually took pressure off Elam, it didn't add to it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree that shanny "riverboat gambler" didn't want to give Elam a chance to out think himself. The most intense game i've watched since the Elway days. That includes the Patriots/Broncos playoff game!!

Just........WOW!!!

Comment

maybe that's what elam needed-less thinking, more doing

if there are any athletes on this site, think about it-i know for me and many others, if you just go and do it quick without thinking, like you've done a million times, you do alot better than if you have a chance to think about the worst game in your career.
                            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16 View Post
                              Maybe we weren't sure if we got the first?

Tha'ts the only viable one I can think of.
                              My guess is that Cutler and the offense freaked out and so did the whole team.

So they switched out real fast.

I was hoping we wouldnt get a false start or anything causing the game to end right there.

But we won so I will take this win and run.

Comment

Working...
                              X