Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugly, And Sometimes Pathetic, But A Start

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    [QUOTE=MindField;1928445]

    It's good to win when you aren't playing well...it allows you to grow and still have a shot at the Playoffs.

    But make no mistake about it, we were more lucky than good today, and we will have to get better, or we will be pulling another of Shanahan's MO by starting 6-2 or whatever, andfading down the stretch.

    QUOTE]


    Still trying to figure out which game you were watching.

    What exactly do they have to do to impress you? Cutler throws for over 300 yards, Henry runs for over 150, Walker Caches for over a 100, Lynch and Williams had amazing sacks, the D was getting all sorts of pressure on the Q.B. and with the exception of one sorry as drive where M. Lynch ran down the field (which never happened again), the team played well all around.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
      You say to-mah-to, I say to-may-to. You say pessimist, I say realist.



      15 points - 15th best in the league.



      19 carries on 90 yards averages out to 4.7 yards per carry, which is pretty decent, especially for an offense that was among the league's worst in rushing last year.

      14 points allowed - 17th best in the league. Admittedly, they scored on a return, but if you can't stop the kick returner, the offense doesn't even have to take the field.

      Look what the good teams in the league did. Indianapolis threw down 41 points on New Orleans, and held the Saints' offense to 3 points. New England threw down 34 points and held the Jets to 14. San Diego scored 14 points against the Bears defense and held the Bears' offense to 3 points. The Steelers beat the Browns 34 to 7. Heck, the Lions scored 36 on Oakland's defense. We struggled to get 15 on Buffalo.

      This game doesn't resemble any of those games. It resembles Washington-Miami, Tennessee-Jacksonville, Philadelphia-Green Bay, and we resemble those teams.

      As for all the missed field goals on both sides, it would have been 18-17 Broncos had the missed field goals been made.
      So are you saying the Saints and Bears suck? I bet not. Do you honestly think the people are saying we had the best offense?? No they are saying it is much improved from last year.

      I also noticed in the game we didn't do a lot of things in the red zone we should have. Not to mention Nalen snaps on shot guns leaved a lot to be desired. Nothing that happened in that game in unfix-able so all of you need to stop the chicken little syndrome now.

      When I was reading the game day thread I was ashamed to even be on the Bronco board with all the freaking out. Guess what? No team in the NFL sucks, they all can play ball maybe not all are equal but never count on what a team does last year to mean a damn thing this year.

      Marshawn Lynch was a beast in college and it seems like he will make the transition into the NFL fine. All teams go out and try and get the best 53 they can during the off season so like our team they probably won't be the same the following year.

      So why doesn't everyone just enjoy then win and give the Bills some credit for giving the Bronco's a tougher game then WE(the fans) expected. Maybe not all the fans that want to fire everyone and start over from player 1 to create some crazy Madden team and coaching staff.

      Sorry for the rant but sometimes I can't take all of the OHHH NOOO We suck cause we didn't win by 409493 points.

      Comment


      • #18
        UNderstand we were on the road. Very hard to win on the road


        Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          So much negativity, first of all it was an excellent game of football, one of the best I've seen for a while. Secondly, we actually dominated the game for long periods, it was just a few execution things that'll get ironed out. Considering how the offense played, take away a few plays they really look like they can move the ball consistently through the air or the ground. On defense, you have to say big Sam Adams did his job clogging the middle, DJ Williams was impressive at MLB, our secondary held Lee Evans to 2 catches for 5 yards. The only reason Marshawn Lynch "shredded" us was because we played deep zones to take away the deep pass, they it was a little softer up the middle but considering they scored one TD from a punt return, the defense was stout. Also what was nice was that the defense front could generate some pressure, we finally have some speed off the end positions and it looks like we wouldnt need to blitz loads of guys just to get consistent pressure.
          Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
          http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

          I adopt Erica Weston

          Comment


          • #20
            I see this thread as being more realistic than negative. The bottom line is the Broncos won and that's a good thing. But when you look at the AFC as a whole you know that a performance like today's won't get us very far. That's not a put down it's a fact. With the likes of the Colts, Chargers and Patriots, the Broncos most certainly have their work cut out for them. Here's to a good week of practice and coming out and dominating the Raiders in week two!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ROCKIES View Post
              I see this thread as being more realistic than negative. The bottom line is the Broncos won and that's a good thing. But when you look at the AFC as a whole you know that a performance like today's won't get us very far. That's not a put down it's a fact. With the likes of the Colts, Chargers and Patriots, the Broncos most certainly have their work cut out for them. Here's to a good week of practice and coming out and dominating the Raiders in week two!
              Exactly, but to some (if not most) of the 'fans' around here, if you don't review the Broncos win with anything other than a Super Bowl prediction, you are being excessively 'negative'.

              Some of the fans here are incredibly incapable of reviewing the Broncos with a foot in reality.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                You say to-mah-to, I say to-may-to. You say pessimist, I say realist.



                15 points - 15th best in the league.



                19 carries on 90 yards averages out to 4.7 yards per carry, which is pretty decent, especially for an offense that was among the league's worst in rushing last year.

                14 points allowed - 17th best in the league. Admittedly, they scored on a return, but if you can't stop the kick returner, the offense doesn't even have to take the field.

                Look what the good teams in the league did. Indianapolis threw down 41 points on New Orleans, and held the Saints' offense to 3 points. New England threw down 34 points and held the Jets to 14. San Diego scored 14 points against the Bears defense and held the Bears' offense to 3 points. The Steelers beat the Browns 34 to 7. Heck, the Lions scored 36 on Oakland's defense. We struggled to get 15 on Buffalo.

                This game doesn't resemble any of those games. It resembles Washington-Miami, Tennessee-Jacksonville, Philadelphia-Green Bay, and we resemble those teams.

                As for all the missed field goals on both sides, it would have been 18-17 Broncos had the missed field goals been made.

                You do realize that on Lynch's td run it was a 23 yard run... take that outta the picture (which is simply to try an get an idea of how he was doing CONSISTANTLY) and it was 3.7 yards... not nearly as good
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Gyro View Post
                  It really wasn't that bad. If it wasn't for Cutler getting so many low snaps and especially that one before the half, we would have won by more than a touchdown. Our tackling on defence was pretty bad, but they should be able to work on that this week and the weeks to come. Although Cutler did make some mistakes(Backwards pass, INT), he still was clutch and led this team TWICE down the field in the 4th quarter, one a missed field goal and of course the other the game winner.

                  Travis Henry didn't have a great start, but he eventually warmed up and had a great game for us. Our recievers were great, Javon, Marshall, and Stokley all did their job and contributed to the offense and the win.

                  When you really think about it, other than the return for a touchdown which was just sloppy special teams, we really dominated this game. Lynch ran through us during that one drive but altogether our defence did a pretty nice job, especially shutting JP Losman down(Though that isn't saying too much...).

                  I liked what I saw today, it was opening day and we came up really huge when it counted, especially with our sophomore quarterback playing in his first opening day game. We all know it is week 1 and no one can judge anything right now, but I still am very pleased with the way we played.
                  I was extremely happy we didnt play bend but dont break d in the fourth Qter. that could have cost us the game. i also like the way we adjusted tto our first half preformance. its showing that bbates can adjust to what is working for them on Offense. this d will be good maybe not this year but it could be definelty be tops next year.
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    So no credit for the secondary taking away the big plays from Losman and forcing him to check down? Lee Evans 2 cathces for 5 yards? No credit, just Losman sucks? I will take 90 yards from a RB and only 7 points against every week.

                    There are always things to work on. But why is it a bad thing to have a good feeling after this game? The offense definitly will have to finish drives, but 470 yards of offense, Cutler looked very solid IMO, he did throw off his back foot a few times and was fulsterd after some low snaps but that will fade with experiance. He hit the slant routes well, Walker was a beast, Stokley/Marshall had there rec, Jay was finding the open reciver. Henry showed what he can do punding the ball and out of the backfield reciving.

                    I do want to see how the d-line does but Rice looks like he will definitly make an impact when he gets back into rythem, exicution will be big for the line, overall I feel they did well in the opener. Of course the spcial team is still a big issue, punt coverage and kick returns.


                    SmokeBassett
                    Look what the good teams in the league did. Indianapolis threw down 41 points on New Orleans, and held the Saints' offense to 3 points. New England threw down 34 points and held the Jets to 14. San Diego scored 14 points against the Bears defense and held the Bears' offense to 3 points. The Steelers beat the Browns 34 to 7. Heck, the Lions scored 36 on Oakland's defense. We struggled to get 15 on Buffalo.
                    You can not compair the Broncos to the defendig Super Bowl champs, and the Patriots. Both teams which have established QB's and not nearly as much change over as the Broncos. Heck the Lions did score on OAK, should bowed well for us next weekend then shouldn't it! I don't even know where you are going with the Brown comment, Bills are a much better team the CLE who's offense=nothing.
                    Thanks WhiteDragon!

                    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                    GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                    #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                    #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                    #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                    #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                    #180
                    #211
                    Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
                      So no credit for the secondary taking away the big plays from Losman and forcing him to check down? Lee Evans 2 cathces for 5 yards? No credit, just Losman sucks? I will take 90 yards from a RB and only 7 points against every week.

                      There are always things to work on. But why is it a bad thing to have a good feeling after this game? The offense definitly will have to finish drives, but 470 yards of offense, Cutler looked very solid IMO, he did throw off his back foot a few times and was fulsterd after some low snaps but that will fade with experiance. He hit the slant routes well, Walker was a beast, Stokley/Marshall had there rec, Jay was finding the open reciver. Henry showed what he can do punding the ball and out of the backfield reciving.

                      I do want to see how the d-line does but Rice looks like he will definitly make an impact when he gets back into rythem, exicution will be big for the line, overall I feel they did well in the opener. Of course the spcial team is still a big issue, punt coverage and kick returns.




                      You can not compair the Broncos to the defendig Super Bowl champs, and the Patriots. Both teams which have established QB's and not nearly as much change over as the Broncos. Heck the Lions did score on OAK, should bowed well for us next weekend then shouldn't it! I don't even know where you are going with the Brown comment, Bills are a much better team the CLE who's offense=nothing.
                      Yeah, we should win easily the next two weeks, after that comes Indy and San Diego. We'll see if we can play with the Big Boys then.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        Stats often lie....for instance, last year we were the No. 1 rated scoring Defense for the first six games of the season or so, and we all know how that turned out.

                        ...and in the case of today's game, for all of our so-called 'domination', we never led until the final play of the game...and even at that we won the game by one point.

                        If JP Losman was any better than absolutley horrible, we lose that game, plain and simple.
                        Maybe.....

                        But at athe same time, normally teams don't give up a ST TD, and Elam doesn't miss 2 FGs. So the score was a lot closer than the actual game.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X